It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-year-old S.C. boy killed after mistaking pink handgun for toy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
3-year-old S.C. boy killed after mistaking pink handgun for toy
Jeez this is tragic, these people need to secure this pink pistol. This will give the anti-gun movement lots of ammo I think.

Who on Earth has a pink gun anyway unless it is for show and not really for serious use..?

Let's see if this story goes viral or not...

www.shtfsurvival.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
IF true, then I would like to know how secured it was, and where it was located.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Sad story.

I also have wondered about the pink gun phenomenon. But they are out there in greater numbers because the manufacturers are catering to female clients. Even the aftermarket accessories or stocks and grips can be had in pink. If that does not float your boat their is Dura Coat paint in any color.

The bottom line for any gun owner with children in the house is to securely lock it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A solid quick access pistol vault can be had for under $150. No excuse for this gun getting into the hands of a 3 year old.

The gun owner now has to live with this for the rest of their life.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I actually remember an ATS member recently saying that the first actual gun they got for there child to learn with was a pink one. It seemed rather inappropriate if you ask me.
edit on 5-2-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

In 2011, Arizona state Sen. Lori Klein (R) was criticized after she pointed her loaded raspberry-pink handgun at a reporter.

“Oh, it’s so cute,” Klein told the reporter as she aimed the gun’s laser pointer at the reporter’s chest, adding that the firearm’s lack of a trigger safety should not be a reason to worry.

“I just didn’t have my hand on the trigger,” she said.

Here is a politician not in tune with reality.
edit on 2/5/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

Edit:

Remember this is a person making gun laws for a state.
edit on 2/5/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Such a tragic story.

IMO, I don't think they should be making pink guns. They pass all these laws about how toy guns have to look, but a real gun can look like a toy?
I guess it really doesn't matter what color it is. It should not have been accessible to the child.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by greatlakes

Who the heck leave any form of Fire-Arm out and accessable to a child? This is a sad story indeed and i'm sorry events like this happen. I can feel sorry but I cannot make up for the lack of common sense that is running rampant in regards to situations like these.

And I have a dear friend who bought his wifey a Pink 9mm handgun.... It's actually a nice durable gun.... Though real men don't shoot pink guns.... Just saying.

I'm curious to see if this goes viral as well. Thank OP S&F for you.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
WTF honestly a pink handgun?
i bet that mother is like why i why did i by a gun that begs a kid to grab it..Heck the owner need's slapped ten ways to sunday...
Honestly..PINK gun's????
My favorite color is pink and my daughter's...I bet if i owned a pink gun she would eventually try to grab it..

that's like making a hand grenade look like a Twinkies and then blame the fat man for putting it in his mouth and his head blowing off...
Pink common folks that seriously needs banned kid touch me colored guns!!!!

Ban them coloring the guns and billy jack the parents of the owner of that pink gun right on the right cheek ...they will fall for it cause apparently they wasn't to bright.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by greatlakes

Who on Earth keeps a loaded gun in a place where a child might find it and mistake it for a toy?

Can gun owners step it up a little bit? I mean really, if you don't want all this bad press -- shape up and act responsible. Eliminate the bad apples from the cart, police your own and educate!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I thought the pink "Hello Kitty" assault rifle was both cute and funny and I'll tell the truth, I did not see this coming, I should have but didn't .

We might want to back off these ladies designer guns because all of a sudden they make as much sense as a "Sponge Bob Square Pants" gun .

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Actually I know quite a few women that shoot pink handguns and shotguns....They are quite fond of there pink weapons.
That said, this is an absolute tragedy. I'm still wondering what kind of parent/person leaves a loaded handgun where children can access it?
And....

Let's see if this story goes viral or not..

You do realize that posting this to ATS you are contributing to this story going viral?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
They just have to have something to blame this on. Its never the parents, it's the pink gun with the lazer, that was kept loaded and accessible to children. Not to mention, it sounds like a round was chambered already. I don't think the kids figured that one out yet, and if they did, they would know it wasn't a toy.

Originally posted by Kentucky75
Ban them coloring the guns

Yeah, that's what we need. A law saying which colors our weapons can't be.

edit on 5-2-2013 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Again...BAN STUPID PEOPLE...thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
my ex gf has a pink tarus .380, a pink compound bow and pink arrows, go figure....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
They just have to have something to blame this on. Its never the parents, it's the pink gun with the lazer, that was kept loaded and accessible to children. Not to mention, it sounds like a round was chambered already. I don't think the kids figured that one out yet, and if they did, they would know it wasn't a toy.

Originally posted by Kentucky75
Ban them coloring the guns

Yeah, that's what we need. A law saying which colors our weapons can't be.

edit on 5-2-2013 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

Well honestly why not?
Is there some medical reason or specific reason why a person would need a pink gun or a red gun or a pretty big bird yellow model?
Only reason a person would want a gun colored that way is cause they think it's pretty.
NEW'S flash kids think bright color's are cool too...

Camo guns are ok..there for hunting.on a side note..they have a reason to be camouflaged..

There is no reason in this world other than vanity reason's why a person would need a crayola brand colored hand gun sorry.

edit on 5-2-2013 by Kentucky75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kentucky75

So first, they want to ban all guns that look like military guns.
Now you say we should ban guns that look the opposite of military guns?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
my ex gf has a pink tarus .380, a pink compound bow and pink arrows, go figure....

Bows and arrow's a 3 year old ain't gonna be able to pull it back

On a side note i bet when she tries to hunt the deer's would probably thank her and for that we salute her

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join