It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native American Confronts Protesters on Illegal Immigration

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by starshift

Don't forget the Guns vs Stones lol... such a hard fought victory huh?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion
As a tall white man I want to hug and thank this man.

For those of you saying "they should have fought harder"... it is fascinating to look through your post histories and see what you are "fighting harder for" yet still losing yourselves.

Every attitude comes full circle.
edit on 5-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

Stalker....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have some Native American ancestory and their tribe was almost completely wiped out, NOT BY AMERICANS, but by another tribe. Yes, it was indeed a tragedy what was done to the Indians by the white man, but they also warred with each other.

It has been America for many years now. We have laws and they should be enforced.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is why kiddies, Natives should refrain from imbibing fruit of the barley plant.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Some of you folks saying that they should have fought harder, really need to read some actual history, and not buy the BS you are taught in school. According to researchers, approximately 80-90% of the Native American population was wiped out by European diseases after Columbus "discovered" America. Prior to Columbus, only one other group had tried to acquire land on the North American continent, the Vikings, and they were driven off by the natives.

The Mississippian culture had cities that exceeded the size of the largest European cities of the time.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
The Indians werent part of a sovereign nation with borders, they were made up of several warring factions, spread across the Americas. The US is a sovereign nation, with borders and we should be allowed to secure our borders.

Indians were not backwards primitives at perpetual war with each other. That is propaganda used to whitewash (no pun intended) history and cast it in a light favorable to the invaders. This has happened in every instance of the genocide of an indigenous civilization.

The fact that indigenous tribes had no "borders" (as we conceptualize them, although there were definite and mutually-recognized boundaries) in no way justifies the atrocities committed against them in the name of Manifest Destiny.

Sucks what happened to these guys but its happened all throughout history by many other nations besides the US.
A dominate people with a dominate army discover a land thats inhabited by a weaker people with a weaker army and this happened over 100 years ago by people that are long dead.

Again, are you attempting to justify what happened? "Yeah, that sucks but that's the way the world works," is what it sounds like. Or are you attempting to absolve yourself of any responsibility by pointing out that it's all in the past and there's nothing anyone can do to change it? That is also false. The subjugation and persecution of Indians continues to this very day through the continued policies of the United States government.

I applaud this man for calling out hypocrisy when he sees it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion
For those of you saying "they should have fought harder"... it is fascinating to look through your post histories and see what you are "fighting harder for" yet still losing yourselves.
Stalker....

I prefer "tracker".

edit on 5-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
For those of you asking who were the protesters protesting about....I think it might be about Illegal immigrants from Mexico, since that is an issue right now and all. maybe...........

Good on him......The irony Is pretty apparent to me, as it might not be to some.....I am a white man, and I have to take his back on this one. I'm glad I live up North and I don't have to deal with people backing up traffic protesting against Mexicans, in some Southern states that use to be..........well......um Mexican Territories.

This picture comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by llmacgregor
For those of you asking who were the protesters protesting about....I think it might be about Illegal immigrants from Mexico, since that is an issue right now and all. maybe...........

Good on him......The irony Is pretty apparent to me, as it might not be to some.....I am a white man, and I have to take his back on this one. I'm glad I live up North and I don't have to deal with people backing up traffic protesting against Mexicans, in some Southern states that use to be..........well......um Mexican Territories.

This picture comes to mind.

I lived in Colorado for about 16 years, and worked within the Ag industry. There are still families in Southwestern Colorado that hold there land in the form of Spanish Land Grants from the 16th and 17th Centuries. Hispanics and Natives occupied all of that land, long before White man ever set foot on it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
Some of you folks saying that they should have fought harder, really need to read some actual history, and not buy the BS you are taught in school. According to researchers, approximately 80-90% of the Native American population was wiped out by European diseases after Columbus "discovered" America. Prior to Columbus, only one other group had tried to acquire land on the North American continent, the Vikings, and they were driven off by the natives.

The Mississippian culture had cities that exceeded the size of the largest European cities of the time.

Sad that the truth posted above ^ receives one star while comments along the lines of they should have fought harder receives multiplies...... sigh

Star for you sir.

By the way thank you for that video op it was the most ironic thing I've seen all week

edit on 5-2-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2013 by CitizenJack because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The thing is, if it wsn't the white man taking over, it would have been other tribes or other foreigeners. Like I said, in my ancestry there was a tribe that was almost completely wiped out by another tribe, not any white man. Also, not every white man agreed with what was happening back then.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I'm really getting tired of that excuse people use.

"you can't blame us, black owned black slaves first"

"you can't blame us, natives fought each other first"

What is the next excuse?

It was a "family affair"... before an outsider started intervening.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

edit on 5-2-2013 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

Or are you attempting to absolve yourself of any responsibility by pointing out that it's all in the past and there's nothing anyone can do to change it

Yep, you got it. Thats exactly what im doing.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Was it the Jews fault they got gassed because they didn't fight harder?

The conquoring armies of America wiped out the Natives by genocide, they killed their primary food off to extintion(buffalo) and introduced deseases purposely.

S&F

and the JNative American is right btw.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
You only own what you can defend.

those kind of words can rebound very very badly. would you think that way if a family member of yours was robbed, raped or murdered? i could go into more detail of course but it is unneccessary and i would not wish to be as crass as you have been.

hang your head and think it through....life has a way of paying back with harsh irony

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The Red Indians failed to defend their own lands and worse, were on constant warfare with each other. They had no system of effective governance but only utilitarian barbarism upon each other.

Do you have no understanding of pre columbian history, Before 1492, there were massive Native American cultures, in North, Central, and South America. The Mayans, The Anasazi, The Aztecs, The Incas, The Mississippians, etc. Some of there cities were larger and cleaner than their European counterparts.

It was only a matter of time before they wiped each other out, for history had proven no barbaric society could survive. If not for the english immigrants, it would other ethnic immigrants from our world whom may had settled upon the american landmass, such as the russians or the chinese, if they had their own act together back then.

Before you consider the Natives of North and South America barbaric, perhaps you need to take a look at European history, and realize, that even after they came after North and South America, there was still almost a constant state of warfare on the European continent.

Today, in our modern and evolved santised world, it is easy to condemn the english settlers of atrocities against the red indians, nor should there be any attempt to cover up such atrocities.

However, EQUALLY, mankind SHOULD NOT attempt to cover up the barbarisms of the red indians wrecked upon innocent american settlers EVEN AFTER peace had been agreed upon.

Only the truth can set us free. May the freed indians today whom lived in a better rule of law american society today and treated equally as a fellow american, reflect upon their own ancestors before pointing angry fingers at current day americans.

I am not even sure how to respond to this, apparently, you do not understand that history is written by the victors, and that is what we are taught in school. You accuse the "Red Indians" (which is offensive) of atrocities after peace was agreed upon, you might want to research the number of broken treaties, and outright atrocities committed by the US government. Apparently, the only truth you are interested in, is that written by the conquerors. To this day, Native Americans are not treated as fellow Americans, please visit a reservation and see first hand, how well we treat our "Fellow Americans"

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Lets play out this liberal yahoo pc bs that these native americans were a peaceful people and the white man is bad bad! Guess what there were people here before the native americans and they aren't alive to tell their tale because they were snuffed out leaving no survivors, the native americans had war with each other and were just as destructive as ANY man is.... The fact of the matter is, our superior might has displaced the people who were here, just like their military might wiped out the people before them and so it goes..........

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The Red Indians failed to defend their own lands and worse, were on constant warfare with each other. They had no system of effective governance but only utilitarian barbarism upon each other.

It was only a matter of time before they wiped each other out, for history had proven no barbaric society could survive. If not for the english immigrants, it would other ethnic immigrants from our world whom may had settled upon the american landmass, such as the russians or the chinese, if they had their own act together back then.

Today, in our modern and evolved santised world, it is easy to condemn the english settlers of atrocities against the red indians, nor should there be any attempt to cover up such atrocities.

However, EQUALLY, mankind SHOULD NOT attempt to cover up the barbarisms of the red indians wrecked upon innocent american settlers EVEN AFTER peace had been agreed upon.

Only the truth can set us free. May the freed indians today whom lived in a better rule of law american society today and treated equally as a fellow american, reflect upon their own ancestors before pointing angry fingers at current day americans.

I suggest you read up on some truth.. and who the hell are the "red indians"?? Is that like redskins? Fool. Youre foolish and still in a them vs us BS. Settlers were met with open arms by many, and destroyed for it. You and your kind have no concept of welcoming immigrants, as some of the "red indians" did. Im so sick of the ignorance here spewed out as truth I could puke. The country was large enough for us ALL... welcoming others got them genocide and pain. You mentioned barbarism. Who exactly are the barbarians?

The guy in the vid is wrong. This country has LAWS and it is neessary to follow the law. It alows or immigration legally. What some of you fail to recognize and deny is that many NDNs love this country. My parents and grandparents etc loved it. Im a cdib card carrying both parents born on rez Blackfeet ( siksika) and Im sick of those of you who know NOTHING having the audacity to speak for me. My ancestors fought with settlers because Merriweather Lewis shot a man for nothing and then declared the Blackfeet "hostile" when they objected to it! My family have fought for this country since the American Revolution.. so dont dare talk to me or spread your lies as if they are fact about not welcoming immigrants and not recognizing the model for the US .. as if it was not understoood by "barbariic red indians".

This is so stupid I dont even see the point in trying to educate you or the other geniuses. Go ahead with your ignorance. I give up. Some on ATS make me sick. One even learned it from his/her own family member and posts it as if he/she is proud of their generational stupidity.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

sorry i didn't write more about the original post, i just was going to let the video speak for its self, but from now on i'll try to remember to write more..

hugs

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join