It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constant meditation.... for two hours.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by kamebard

Stilling the mind is impossible. One must notice the quiet the mind is floating in. Thoughts are just flickering in the huge space.

This comes back to the definition and perception of thought.

Imagine if you will a computer with a single button. Pushing this button causes the software to send a signal to another computer. Due to the way that the computer is programmed, it could randomly send off the signal at any given time.Now imagine if you will, you are the observer at the remote computer. Can you tell which signal was created by someone pushing the button? Can you tell which signal was created by the computer at random?

What is the "background state"? If we now imagine an infinite number of computers, what would then be considered the "background state"?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Thought is an appearance. It appears and passes. 'That' which thought appears in never passes.
Find 'that' which never passes.
Find 'that' which all appearances appear within.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Thought is an appearance. It appears and passes. 'That' which thought appears in never passes.
Find 'that' which never passes.
Find 'that' which all appearances appear within.

For you the within is the Medicine dreaming woman.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Do you believe you are the thinker of thought.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You can project "thoughts" but within silence, "thoughts" of others are perceived.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

You can project "thoughts" but within silence, "thoughts" of others are perceived.

Who is this 'you' that projects thoughts?

Thoughts arise in silence.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

What 'others'?
Thoughts arise that speak of 'other'.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Who is this 'you' that projects thoughts?

Thoughts arise in silence.

Yep, this 'you' could be qualified as silence.

What 'others'?

'That' is one and multiple.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here's a little riddle/poem to spark some meditation, enjoy. The inspiration behind it is the idea that words are powerful enough to cause spontaneous self realization ! =)

Are you sitting here reading this message, nothing
You’re probably wondering what the message is, nothing,
Have you started thinking about the message yet, nothing,
Whatever you’re thinking about right now is the message, nothing,
Why haven’t you thought about this message, nothing
Will you ever think about this message again, nothing

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

I feeeeel your haaate

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

This is adressed to the nothing within you which always become nothing after it has given answers. It's an answeringmachine,.. literaly.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by Serdgiam

I meditate, thus I exist.

Interesting assertion.. I certainly have no idea where you are coming from with all this, a lot of your posts dont make much sense. That encourages my curiosity!

So, you say that you meditated for two hours. What happened to your existence when you stopped?

Does the roof over your head exist? Does the floor that supported you while meditating exist?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Imagination ≠ Truth

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
True meditation is a permanent place. It's not something you do for 15 minutes and 'not do' for the rest of the day. The purpose of Meditative practice (if one is seeking more than just a relaxed mind), is to bring the mind into permanent meditation. This meditation is a state where the powers and influences of thoughts, lose their power and identity over the Self. Real meditation is the fertile ground where the mind is transcended and the Self is allowed to mature and reunited with its true nature.

But nowadays, meditation is more commonly thought of and used as either a brain and body relaxer, or a battleground for thought. And this method is what people are trying to use, to seek enlightenment. Yet, none of this is possible as long as the illusion of the mind, and the self, remains.

So instead of doing these meditative practices to achieve the transcendence of the mind, people are using it to wrestle with the mind itself. Using the practice as a tool to confront, control and RULE their thoughts and their minds. Brothers and sisters, be aware of this.

Thoughts are there, and these thoughts continue to ask questions, they continue to seek more , to seek understanding and enlightenment. BUT, The enlightened being that you ALREADY are, believes and identifies with these thoughts as "I". For this reason alone, you suffer. The mind becomes the ruler, and it uses philosophy, and ideology to sustain its idea of Itself.

Just look at this forum and you can see what the Mind is doing. Yet, no matter how the mind Re-Conceptualizes it's existence, it will NEVER be enough. It's thirst will continue infinitely. It's quest for more knowledge and understanding ,endless.

So to go beyond, transcendence of the mind is the only way. Philosophy can not go there, nor can Religion or belief's or ideologies. So if we can not "think" or "believe" ourselves into enlightenment, what to do?!!

To conquer that problem, the ancients developed techniques to achieve meditation. These practices where meditative practices, it is not meditation itself! When you're thoughts can no longer claim the "I AM" as its identity, then you are in meditation. There's no going back.

It is from that point only, can Grace take you the rest of the way. The only free will you have, is To become meditation or not to become mediation. As Shakespeare put it, , "To be or Not to be" that's the only question.

edit on 6-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Excellent response.

A wise man once told me that meditation is simply being aware of being and in that way is a full and whole circle/cycle.

I would say though, that perhaps discarding the mind may play into what one is attempting to "transcend." I see it that the thoughts themselves are much like our heartbeat or our lungs breathing. Just another part of the experience, not to be admonished, but to be accepted as part of the whole.

A constant process, being is.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

We all can think whatever we want... but is it possible to be wrong?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

edit on 7-2-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join