It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constant meditation.... for two hours.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Please show where you see contradiction.

I perceive your femine energy now it manifests contradictions all the time. I should of seen it earlier.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

I perceive your femine energy now it manifests contradictions all the time. I should of seen it earlier.

Put me in any box you choose.
If you don't know - you don't know. Assumptions are mind delusion.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
Don't meditate for 2 hrs straight, it's dangerous.

That depends on many factors.

For the inexperienced non-initiate, this is a a good general suggestion.

However, for those who have extensive meditation experience, or who are under the watchful eye of an inspired teacher, long stretches of meditation can be very beneficial.

Also, those with psychological issues (schizophrenia, MPD, and others) should be evaluated/monitored by their mental health provider before even thinking about attempting meditation - and more than others, should be done under the watchful eye of a teacher.

There are some pretty dark spaces out there, and if one can't make the distinction between this perception of reality and others, things could go south pretty quickly.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kamebard

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
Don't meditate for 2 hrs straight, it's dangerous.

That depends on many factors.

For the inexperienced non-initiate, this is a a good general suggestion.

However, for those who have extensive meditation experience, or who are under the watchful eye of an inspired teacher, long stretches of meditation can be very beneficial.

Also, those with psychological issues (schizophrenia, MPD, and others) should be evaluated/monitored by their mental health provider before even thinking about attempting meditation - and more than others, should be done under the watchful eye of a teacher.

There are some pretty dark spaces out there, and if one can't make the distinction between this perception of reality and others, things could go south pretty quickly.

The main factor is:
What do you define as meditation?
No one taught me meditation.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Put me in any box you choose.

Not a box your one of the four winds, its a femine wind of carefree and wandering

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
The main factor is:
What do you define as meditation?
No one taught me meditation.

In my definition, meditation is a state which has the following 3 characteristics:
- Stillness (both physically and mentally)
- An internalization of senses and consciousness (locus of awareness being internalized)
- Silencing of ordinary mental thoughts (non-thought)

What would not be meditation:
Reading - although stillness and internalization are there, ordinary mental thought still exists
Exercising - although ordinary mental thought is not present, one is definitely not still
Listening to Music - although stillness and silence of ordinary mental thought are there, internalization is not occurring
Sitting and daydreaming (possible)- Stillness and internalization, but ordinary mental thought all over the place

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

You have femine energy which is like a blast of swirling air on a summer day, that meanders and wanders. I could almost summarize your spirit a girly girl of contradictory energy. i see you faviourate colour be a pink dark violet colour.
edit on 6-2-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kamebard

Do you believe that thought can be silenced?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

A first step on a path to enlightenment is recognizing supernatural stillness.

Some come by it be the ways of schools and teachers.
Others come by it through reading and investigation.
Finally, others come by it by stumbling upon it.
Once they have drunk from the waters, they either desire more, or have their fill.

There is no one "way", no one correct "path", and even the concept of needing "stillness" is only one of a multitude of ways of getting there.

Who was the first brave soul to eat almonds?
How many people found the stillness and left it be?
How long was it until some started to seek the stillness, and teach others about it?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

When the mental noise stops there is silence.
It is then recognized that it has always been present and never leaves.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Do you believe that thought can be silenced?

Thought - what an interesting concept. What exactly is thought? Where does thought come from?

On the one side of the story we have these impulses - I'm hungry. I'm cold. I'm thirsty. Translated into language and vocalized in one's head.

On the other side of the story we have these conceptions of ideas - happy, sad, creative. Again, translated into language and vocalized in one's head.

First one should realize where these impulses/ideas are coming from. Next, one can begin to realize where the vocalizations are coming from. After enough practice, one might enter a state of thinking without thinking - simply existing.

Can you perceive without perception? Can you silence a thought without a sound?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Does cloths make a difference to the depth of your mediational state. I mean do ypu find wearing dress as opposed to jeans deepned your relxed mind. Or does cloths have no bearing on dettachment from physical.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Stilling the mind is impossible. One must notice the quiet the mind is floating in. Thoughts are just flickering in the huge space.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Does cloths make a difference to the depth of your mediational state. I mean do ypu find wearing dress as opposed to jeans deepned your relxed mind. Or does cloths have no bearing on dettachment from physical.

In the long run, it's not going to make a hill of beans. In the short term it depends on how experienced you are at meditating.

Would you find it easier to relax sitting in a scorpion pit getting stung or sitting in a comfortable space without the constant threat of being stung?

At the beginning, anything which makes you uncomfortable or brings your awareness to your physical body can have an impact on your meditation states. Not an impossibility, but the less one has to focus on the physical, the more one can focus on other things.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Stilling the mind is impossible. One must notice the quiet the mind is floating in. Thoughts are just flickering in the huge space.

what about physical smells in the air, for example are you using certain scents of perfumes to help calm and quieten your mind?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

what about physical smells in the air, for example are you using certain scents of perfumes to help calm and quieten your mind?

There is no need to quiet the mind. As i have stated - it is impossible to still the mind.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kamebard

At the beginning, anything which makes you uncomfortable or brings your awareness to your physical body can have an impact on your meditation states. Not an impossibility, but the less one has to focus on the physical, the more one can focus on other things.

What are the 'other things' that you are focusing on when you meditate? What is it that you focus on when meditating?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

There is no need to quiet the mind. As i have stated - it is impossible to still the mind.

It is for you because you have the femine mind. My mind is as still as a rock.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Konoyaro

I'm glad that you find it interesting. It's called Jnana Yoga. Info on Sri Ramana Maharshi can be found here & here and if you love indian philosophers, The Life Divine (pdf) by Sri Aurobindo is the book par excellence to read. In fact, both of them are much more than philosophers... They are Rishis.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join