It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constant meditation.... for two hours.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I meditate, thus I exist. I go forth out of the interpretation meditating is thinking?

But do you think because you want to think? Are there exterior forces who force you to think when you really don't want to? This is to be aware of when meditating. I'd say meditating is this thinking when it is not triggered by exterior things.

Must be so true..

I meditate, thus I exist. To end up in your own ball of light is the goal of meditation. That way, when you wake up you can still interact the same with other people, but there won't be any strings attached which means no more suffering.

All for now..

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

I meditate, thus I exist. I go forth out of the interpretation meditating is thinking?

But do you think because you want to think?

Do 'you' think or does thinking just happen?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Would 'you' think differently, if learning language never happened?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I go forth out of the interpretation meditating is thinking?

Can you explain this sentence more clearly please?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Answer that first please.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I think the first is transforming into the latter

To use no more language which refers to everything outside the box thus not invoking any of it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
if you meditate to remove yourself from reality.. Or unattach yourself from it..

you're doing it wrong...

but then, it doesn't sound like you would mind too much. You meditate, therefore only you are.

When I meditate it's to be with everything around me... not to deny it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I think the first is transforming into the latter

To use no more language which refers to everything outside the box thus not invoking any of it.

What is the 'first' that you refer to? And what is the 'latter'?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

what we think is happening can never be known for sure. The world is a mystery and so are we, how could you ever expect it to be any other way.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

what we think is happening can never be known for sure.

Investigate where thought appears.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I meditate a good bit and for extended amounts of time when commitments allow, but I do not understand what these posts are about.

My experience is more like an ocean...going out bringing myself back, going out, coming back...considering the static that is in each of my senses, realizing certain things, finding I see certain things, bringing myself back because while that is all fun, it is not a good use of my time, relax....

I do not know how long I could meditate for. 15 minutes, half a day..it's spent the same, with myself...the primordial ocean....where myself is a constant struggle to keep attention on where I want it, to control the consciousness I command...and when my spirit wonders into dissolution, I experience that too. When I am the salt in the ocean, I can concentrate myself into a crystal.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I think, I think... because my thoughts now are able to be different... then if I never were to learn language...

if I didnt learn language... and was just an animal like man... I would still be producing the act of thought... because I can will thought, I think.... sometimes thinking just happens (this may be subconscious thought you are referring to,,maybe impulses or urges produce flux of thoughts to happen, maybe beyond my control a smell produces a memory).. but right now I am thinking of the words to write, because 'I' make thinking happen.
edit on 5-2-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Meditation is not thinking, but rather the absence of thinking. If you red somewhere that meditating means thinking about something, than you were thaught wrong.

Even though in English language, to meditate on something, can mean to ponder or to think about something, the self act of meditation does not mean thinking about something.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I think, I think... because my thoughts now are able to be different... then if I never were to learn language...

if I didnt learn language... and was just an animal like man... I would still be producing the act of thought... because I can will thought, I think.... sometimes thinking just happens (this may be subconscious thought you are referring to,,maybe impulses or urges produce flux of thoughts to happen, maybe beyond my control a smell produces a memory).. but right now I am thinking of the words to write, because 'I' make thinking happen.

Then the 'I' thought must be being believed to be something that it is not.
'I' is a thought.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Ah, yes, that would be 'dowsing' something, isn't it? It is something that can happen when meditating, I think this can be part of meditation. Meditation is not solely one thing, it can be many forms of 'thinking' + not thinking at all.

Thank you for your replies.

Itisnowagain, deal in real life.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Then the 'I' thought must be being believed to be something that it is not.
'I' is a thought.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

'You' are wrong.. because 'you' make no sense

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The first you doesn't resemble the second. Do 'you' get it?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I practice both types of meditation, the not-thought type and deep pondering state for certain topics. But I believe the not-thought is what most commonly referred to as meditation. In the non-thought type you usually try to extend the time your able to not-think, to just be with the moment as a pure observer without judgment. If a thought pops up you dismiss it and restart, it's hard but simple.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The first you doesn't resemble the second. Do 'you' get it?

Yes 'I' do... that would be because I argue a lot with 'itsnowagain' and so I take the liberty to be mean to equal out any frustration 'I' didnt experience
... because.. I dont exist... soo... im wrong....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Konoyaro

There is no purpose in this meditation, the mind is made to think. It would be usefull if in the not thinking state one is able to make whatever thought pop up he wished to think about.

Don't be dead, not?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join