It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US of A, disgusting........

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Well, gosh darn. Africa's nations have shown they are able to be capable of providing just about everything their people need to have a happy, healthy, long life with education of it's citizens as a priority. Native Africans all over the continent are smiling and happy, basking in the warmth of living their wonderful lives.
Surely the US is wrong to even think of sending humanitarian aid, much less military support, to any region of Africa.
It's just such a great model of what a continent should be.
Right?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

You are sadly mistaken if you think two hundred million Americans want to kill everyone they disagree with, let alone anyone at all.

Also, you shouldn't use quotes from individuals that pioneered '___', or any other hallucinogenic drug, for the sake of your argument.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

The French went in first, then asked for back up, just like they did in Libya.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Under what command? UN? they are there for on reason, resources, the French people know exactly what the military are up to, they need the resources for nuclear power. They struggling massively.

Regards,

link   

Originally posted by The0nlytruth
reply to post by wdkirk

Well done, you are correct but consider this, do you see china and Russia moving mass amounts of troops to african borders, ready to show the might of the military once more.

Regards

Just though i'd point out that Russia still doesn't pay its troops most of the time, so why would any go to Africa? Undoubtedly still a bear but one that is currently hibernating. As for China, maybe in 10 years or so but it simply isn't in a position yet to pursue an aggressive foreign policy (lack of ability to project its forces on a global scale).

China has a different attitude in Africa. It simply buys land, builds huge works (factories, mines, whatever,) and then uses the local populace as, effectively, slave labour. It gets away with it by promising to engage in huge public works constructions, the majority of which are yet to be undertaken.

link   
reply to post by silverking

The quote is exactly right, you are the minority who have awoken, the est are simply trying to live the american dream.

Regards

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
There is lots we can do other than sitting on ATS complaining about other people complaining.

Its ridiculous.

a bit hypocritical dont you think, the actions of few have caused the problems for the rest.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The op is a rant nothing more.

Thread should be moved to a more appropriate forum

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
my 2 cents....the world is run by what i call "wealth" (used as a noun to represent people with enough assets to affect control over vast numbers of others)
"wealth" needs 2 conditions to survive, 1...a stable government entity where their money will not be taken from them, and 2...where they do not have to fear being killed. fairly simple conditions.
these governments however, come in all sorts of manifestations, from democratic republics, to dictatorships. it does not matter to wealth, so long as number 1, and number 2, remain intact.
if a country's people can be controlled by a dictatorship such as the royal family of saudi arabia, that is as good as a country such as america. wealth does not care so long as 1 and 2 are not violated
if america or countries of europe threaten 1 or 2, wealth will pull out and find other countries to take their place,it does not matter what the social contract the next country has with it's people, so long as, again, 1 and 2 do not come into play.
wealth decides how the people of that country live, the people of that country only decide if wealth stays, by obeying 1 and 2....this is simplistic, i know, but i base this on conclusions i have reached through researching centuries of history, not on some personal whimsy.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Okay, you got a beef, I can see that, but it's with our govt, not us the people, blame them

The people vote in the government, the people are solely to blame.

As for Africa, when they learn to stop having kids just to use as slaves or to selfishly expect their children to take care of them when they are older. I will show some compassion

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by silverking

America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

You are sadly mistaken if you think two hundred million Americans want to kill everyone they disagree with, let alone anyone at all.

Also, you shouldn't use quotes from individuals that pioneered '___', or any other hallucinogenic drug, for the sake of your argument.

okay, I edited my post and removed the offending quote.?Are you satisfied. Please do keep being vigilant and be harsh on the mistakes I make when I submit posts. Thankyou. Just explain why I should not use quotes from such individuals. My humble apologies.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
With the hundreds of warring party's in conflict all over the world since the beginning of time you somehow manage to accuse one country for all earths troubles.Your idiotic holier than thou rant makes me sick and makes me long for the return of the block option.
edit on 5-2-2013 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Of course it's America's fault.

It's never Idi Amin, Charles Taylor, Robert Mugabe, etc, oh no. It's them filthy yanks every time.

And damn them yanks for all the drugged children soldiers, that was them for sure. Oh and it was a master stroke for the U.S to orchestrate the Sudanese and Rwandan wars.

The funny thing is that this post files under 'political issues.' African politics have issues alright, to put it politely.

Sow your own crop before you criticize your neighbours' harvest.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The0nlytruth

Every loving creature on this planet.

Your nation happily Destroyed.

and yes last rumor that i heard, America totally caused the extinction of the dinosaurs.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeisalie
Of course it's America's fault.

It's never Idi Amin, Charles Taylor, Robert Mugabe, etc, oh no. It's them filthy yanks every time.

And damn them yanks for all the drugged children soldiers, that was them for sure. Oh and it was a master stroke for the U.S to orchestrate the Sudanese and Rwandan wars.

The funny thing is that this post files under 'political issues.' African politics have issues alright, to put it politely.

Sow your own crop before you criticize your neighbours' harvest.
That's a damn good appraisal of the Africans problems.Did you mention corruption in addition to genocide?Or the relief efforts in Somalia and the price we paid for that #ty job no one else would,could do besides America.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Ok, I agree that corporations shouldn't be given extra privileges and "the people" should be the ones to decide if war is necessary, but this isn't how our disturbing reality works.

Theonlytruth,

Your suggestions have been done before. At least, attempted anyway. We have to start where the root of the problem occurs. You're right about using the internet as a means to open the eyes of others. However, it's not enough. The problem is access to MSM. Most don't take time out of their precious day to explore the web to find out what's happening around them. It's so much easier to just turn on the tube and have the friendly attractive faces tell you what to think.

You can't blame the brainwashed for being brainwashed either. It's like trying to get your dog to roll over when you say "sit" after you taught it to sit. If we can't share ideas through an equal media source, parralel to our government, we'll never stand a chance at changing anything in the peoples best interest.

We all have our opinions on how to fix these kind of problems but many of us seldom address where we should start. You can't wave a magic wand and start halfway. So I will ask again. What do you think the solution is?

What I mean by that is, where should we start? I beleive the media needs to be renovated. Then we can start to expect change.

At what point do you think we should start expecting change?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yike~ OP want a time out? I understand your anger and where your coming from. I just couldn't stop myself from laughing as I progressed down the Thread.

Everyone want's to bad mouth American's, It's in Human nature to complain. I understand that. And by all means it's your choice to blame America for all the worlds misdead's, Lord know's I won't stop you. But when will the rest of the world take responsibility for it's own actions?

Please refrain from saying "The Gov't is an extension of it's Citizens" Becaues I would not accept this at all. There is not a Gov't on this planet anymore that is a direct extension of it's citizens. And if there were a nation like that (Excluding Switzerland, they are just Neutral and don't give a~!) I would be there already.

Point is, In America right now. As I type. This once and still Great Nation it's Backwards Gov't and it's Citizens are in turmoil. While the rest of the world is at war (Civil in Egypt, the endless Religion war in Isreal, Russia et cetera)
The citizens here in America are trying to make a a rashional decision before crossing any lines. Why? Because in America's Revolutionary and Civil war we decimated our own kind. And those wounds are still aparent today. Come from the North and go South.

So be upset with American's, but be as upset with your Gov't and your own country as well. Lead by example, how can you when this world is ran by educated derelicts?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rizzle6481

OK smart arse, you keeping living your fantasy. When the dollar collapses and you have nothing backing your countries currency, with the exception of the petro $.

Keep being sarcastic and thinking america is going to rise up out of 17 trillion debt, still giving more in foreign aid to aid non Americans that are helping the "war or terror", yet your homeless sleep rough needlessly.

Your screwed.
Your countries screwed.

And the result of this great nations fight against terror?

America pulls every other countries legs, straight into a deep depression.

Who saves you ?

The bankers save the day and create a hunger games type world. The rich wins all the time and the poor entertain the rich.

What will you do?
Comes to ATS to resolve your issues?

I have nothing against americans, my problem is america itself and the ideology that they are the supreme nation of the world, the voice of reason, the cloaked tyrannical government with a commander in theif with clear strings dangling above his head.

World police eh.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

You don't have to edit your posts because someone disagrees with you and yes, I was offended by that quote. You basically said, you agree with a stereotypical comment made in a fictional story that was meant in a derogatory fashion.

Also, I have respect for Hunter S. Thompson as a writer but I don't go around quoting his fictional characters and you can't deny that he did more drugs than The Greatful Dead.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Africa has been exploited by western financial interests for a long, long time, first through imperial colonization and now through broad international economic manipulation. Just take a look at what the World Bank and the IMF have done to African economies, all to control the flow of resources into and (more importantly) out of the continent.

This is nothing new. The United States taking more overt actions in the region to preserve its imperial interests shouldn't surprise anyone. Offend, yes, but it's entirely predictable.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join