It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something fishy in my hometown. What do you think ATS???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is something that happened recently in my small town. Now I had only heard the bare facts. Apparently a local man shot and killed his two children in a double murder suicide. Children who were my friends. Beyond the grief of a local tragedy, which really made me quite sad... as I was pretty good friends with the son, who was 17, it seemed just like a divorced dad gone crazy. Now I am not saying that it IS a conspiracy. Just something sounds odd. This is being covered by Fox40 news, and I am thinking is going to make it to some larger new networks. I really read just articles that had the bare minimum story about what happened. Then I found this one on our local newspaper written by one of my local journalist friends.
Article in Local Paper

Now, I discovered there is an aspect of the father that none of my friends, or anyone I have spoken too knew about. And that is this! He worked for the CIA.

According to an online biography, Marshall was a former government special aviation contract pilot and flew missions for the U.S. government in connection with the DEA and CIA. He wrote a book about his experiences during the Iran-Contra incident in the 1980s. Callaway said Marshall had also written two conspiracy theory books focused on 911. He made the argument that the U.S. government and Saudi Arabia were responsible for the incident, not terrorist groups, which she feels could have made him enemies in high places.

On top of this, the father supposedly used a glock pistol, unsilenced, in the local community to do this. No neighbors reported any gunshots. Which I find strange. Of course, that was explained away.

“The gun was not silenced,” he said. “The houses are not very close together and if they are well built and insulated with all the windows and doors closed, the shots would have been muffled.”

On top of this, he was supposedly quite estranged from his wife, who was out of the country when the deaths occurred. In Turkey. The family imports goods from other countries and sells them in the USA. The wife and husband were divorced, and said to not be on good terms. YET! They took a trip to Turkey together 6 weeks ago.

Callaway said Philip Marshall had traveled to Turkey with Sean about six weeks ago on a “buying trip.” She said Marshall hoped to sell items purchased there back in America at an import-export business. Marshall also hoped to get involved in the business of buying and selling Saffron

What do you think ATS? My sister is pretty distraught over the deaths of her friends. I am as well, yet something doesn't seem right about this. Maybe some of you, although I doubt it, will be able to shed some light on it as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

Yea I would have to agree with you something stinks. Too many coincidences.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this story. Very interesting that this father's friend thinks someone else could have done this and not him. He wrote a book about the 9/11 conspiracy, I think your right, there is something "fishy" about this story.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Another thing, it seems like this guy wasn't a hopless suicidal. I know plenty of people that knew him, they would NEVER have expected this from him. Also, he was hoping to go into business with his ex-wife. This implies planning for the future, also something a depressed suicidal man wouldn't have done. This makes NO sense to me. Things just aren't adding up.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'll add something here that may or may not be useful. It's no anonymous news story for you, OP, so I'm being real sensitive to that fact in not just speculating. Motive? ugh... Who knows... Not the place for me to guess for the above reason.

The gunfire is what I wanted to mention. In November 1974, Ronald DaFeo took a 30-30 rifle and murdered his entire family. 6 of them. This isn't necessarily remarkable but for the fact the positions of the victims, including children in the same room, indicated they all died sleeping. Now a 30-30 rifle is loud enough in the open air to temporarily damage hearing from one shot. I couldn't imagine the ear splitting thunder in a closed space. Yet....they died sleeping. All 6, as I recall the interview with the Medical Examiner and Law Enforcement who worked the crime scene. If the name doesn't ring any bells of familiarity, perhaps the town it happened in will. These were the actual murders and real life crimes which started the legends of the Amityville Horror.

Now I wouldn't even mention this if I hadn't watched the interviews with the actual men who worked that scene personally and the Medical Examiner who did that side of the work required. The "extras" on the DVD for the remake feature those interviews, taken while the men were still alive to give them. The chill that left me....never HAS left me entirely for the impossibility of it. Yet, there it was.

So...no one hearing the shots may not mean anything. I hope you find more of what happened here. It sounds like a community has a major open wound until you do.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You're right the information presented doesn't seem to flow with the end, I'm wondering since this has been quite the topic on all the murders and suicides; but what was he on any medication? I mean no ill will toward the question or proposing that he may be unstable just that each time I hear about one of these it seems to be linked with some sort of medication as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

Honestly I am not really sure. I really didn't know the father. I just knew the kids. And I realize that this could be a factor. It's just... I don't know maybe it's just me but something strikes me as odd. You know what I mean?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are quite right. And I do see your point. I don't know.... like I said before. Just something doesn't seem right. I can't place my finger on it. And haven't thought much of it for the past few days. Since I heard Saturday night. But now in thinking about it.... it's just weird. It's nice hearing what you all think though!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I know that myself, as well as most of my friends, prefer to kill ourselves when our wives are off visiting places like, Turkey, France, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Tanzania, and several other "strange" exotic places to be off "visiting."

The guy worked for the CIA, his wife visits places that maybe 3% of the population can afford "casually" without being funded, and most suicides that are reported as suicides... are not suicides.

Yeah, something fishy is going on, best for you to stay clear of it though.

edit on 5-2-2013 by JibbyJedi because: tyops

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Oh trust me. I don't much plan on getting involved in any aspect. And maybe I am just not wanting to believe a father like how he was described by friends can actually kill his own children. But... whatever the case is. It does seem to be weird.

I plan on working for intelligence sometime, and am currently a journalist in the Navy. (I leave for basic soon). Just trying to hone my investigative skills and sleuthery instincts.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Wow wonder what happened to the site for a moment, anyway I gotcha but yeah doesn't seem to really sit right and could understand why it's something that would need to be investigated more. See what really happened if at all possible.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

More people are making this connection. I will post a Facebook comment on here once i can find it. It's really interesting and concerns the man in question.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
First Facebook post by a friend of the father.

Maybe this Murder-Suicide is as it appears, but I hope due diligence is being done with this case, because it just does not seem to add up to me looking in from the outside... - A father and children who loved each other (my children thought he was a wonderful man) - No apparent warning signs - Powerful enemies of the father from his links to CIA, DEA, Pablo Escobar, Iran Contra, and 9/11 - None of the 4 gun shots were heard (silencer?) why? - Why was the dog killed - Why did they all carry on as normal up to Thursday night when all contact stopped Just questions that should be considered before judgement is passed and this terrible tragedy is written down in history... A huge part of me just does not want to believe that a dad who showed so much love and kindness to his children and other kids could go and do this... And I want to KNOW it is the truth before I believe it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Even more in the comments...

From the perspective of a Boeing 767 captain and former "special activities" contract pilot, Philip Marshall straps the reader into the cockpits of hijacked commercial airliners to tell the story of the most sophisticated terrorist attack in history. Based on a comprehensive ten-year study into the murders of his fellow pilots on 9/11, he explains how hijackers, novice pilots at the controls of massive guided missiles, were able to beat United States Air Force fighters to iconic targets with advanced maneuvering, daring speeds and a kamikaze finish. But, as Marshall explains, the tactical plan was so precise that it rules out car-bombers and shoe-bombers known as al Qaeda, KSM and Osama bin Laden. So then, who was it? That's what you are about learn. Backed by official NTSB, FAA and black box recordings, Marshall finds the most capable and most documented group of conspirators buried deep within a Congressional Inquiry's report and retraces their work in gripping detail. Fasten your seatbelt--- the sad truth is that all of the solid evidence points to a dark collaboration between members of the Bush Administration and a covert group of Saudi government officials. This is a game changer that will finally set the record straight on the most horrific crime in US history. This book is a compilation of official reports that disputes the Bush Administration, the Bush Intelligence Community and the American media's account of the 9/11 attack. United States Senator Bob Graham's Congressional Joint Inquiry in 2002 revealed that Saudi Arabian Intelligence agents met the 9/11 hijackers in the Los Angeles in January of 2000, harbored them and led them to 18 months of flight training in Florida and Arizona. Marshall follows reports from FBI field agents that warned George W. Bush's Administration that a "cadre of individuals of investigative interest were engaged in flight training" in the Arizona desert in the spring of 2001. Marshall identifies three top federal investigators who complained that Dick Cheney obstructed justice by refusing access to suspects who supposedly confessed to the greatest crime in U.S. history. None of the federal investigators were ever allowed to verify the confession of Khalid Sheik Mohammed who had been water boarded over 180 times at Guantanamo detention facility. The book disputes the video and media confession of Osama bin Laden and points out that none of the accusations by the Bush Administration could be proved. Marshall asserts that the Saudi government was the true executioners of the 9/11 attack and framed their enemies while CIA special operations set up an elaborate decoy named Osama bin Laden to divert attention away from the Saudi operation. He follows the hijackers to flight training airports and finds that Saudi agents led the hijackers to the Arizona desert where Boeing 757 and Boeing 767 airliners were parked at a secluded CIA operated airport. The operators of the CIA airport were traced to suspicious insider stock trades on two airlines, United Airlines and American Airlines, the only two airlines used in the 9/11 attack. Marshall breaks down the tactical flight plan that was used by the hijackers and chronicles the actions of Condoleezza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, Saudi Arabian Prince Bandar bin Sultan, Dick Cheney and George W. Bsuh to learn that their account of the attack was severely flawed. Three top investigators wrote that Dick Cheney had obstructed the investigation and redacted the involvement of the Saudi government agents who were employed in California by the Saudi Civil Aviation authority. The Congressional Inquiry reported that the Saudi agents had "seemingly unlimited funding from Saudi Arabia" and had traced the hijacker financial support to Prince Bandar through a Riggs Bank account. Finally Marshall chronicles the media trial that allowed Bush and Cheney to derail American Justice by trying the 9/11 case with media propaganda and away from the American federal court system.

Philip Marshall, a veteran airline captain and former government "special activities" contract pilot, has authored three books on Top Secret America, a group presently conducting business as the United States Intelligence Community. Beginning with his role in the 1980s as a Learjet captain first as part of a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) sting on Pablo Escobar, and later in the covert arming of the Nicaraguan Contras, Marshall has studied and written 30-years worth of covert government special activities and the revolving door of Wall Street tricksters, media moguls, and their well funded politicians. Marshall is the leading aviation expert on the September 11th attack, as well as a masterful storyteller. The Big Bamboozle (2012) is his second work to focus on the flight training and preparation of 9/11 hijackers' after False Flag 911 was published in 2008. His first book, Lakefront Airport (2003) was a novel based on his experience as a government contract pilot during the Iran-Contra operation. Philip Marshall began his 20-year career as an airline pilot in 1985, flying first with Eastern Airlines and then with United. He holds captain ratings on the Boeing 727, 737, 747, 757 and 767. Born and raised in New Orleans, Marshall currently resides in California.

link   
I don't think there is anything odd about this story, in my eyes it seems like a senseless murder suicide. You seem to be focusing on the father but know little about him. Anything could have been going on with him recently that caused him to do this. His employment and his books would make it easier for this to look suspicious, like maybe he pissed off the wrong person or something but I doubt it.

link   

edit on 5-2-2013 by acmpnsfal because: double post

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
First Facebook post by a friend of the father.

Maybe this Murder-Suicide is as it appears, but I hope due diligence is being done with this case, because it just does not seem to add up to me looking in from the outside... - A father and children who loved each other (my children thought he was a wonderful man) - No apparent warning signs - Powerful enemies of the father from his links to CIA, DEA, Pablo Escobar, Iran Contra, and 9/11 - None of the 4 gun shots were heard (silencer?) why? - Why was the dog killed - Why did they all carry on as normal up to Thursday night when all contact stopped Just questions that should be considered before judgement is passed and this terrible tragedy is written down in history... A huge part of me just does not want to believe that a dad who showed so much love and kindness to his children and other kids could go and do this... And I want to KNOW it is the truth before I believe it.

Interesting and quite mysterious all the same. People just up and change their personality or so it seems and do something like this? Now I wonder what the story might be if it does catch wind of some of the other news outlets and see what story they come up with also; what sort of new 'details' will be coming up.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I don't really understand how someone can NOT see something odd with this? Generally people have a path they follow into the murder suicide. There are signs. I can't speak for all of them, but most are. Most people who are "normal," don't do things like this. Especially people who have contact with so many others. And people know him so well. And why not focus on the father? Especially with his past. He is the claimed perpetrator. So therefore most of the investigation should be focused on him.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I agree that the focus should be on him and his past.
This smells like a fish head that has been left out in the sunlight for a week .

Than you for posting this news as well as telling us what your local folks think

S & F

edit on 5-2-2013 by pillock because: spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
At one time, there was an ATSer who, while I thought he was a bit off in some of his beliefs, was for years a SAD pilot in South and Central America.

The article makes it sound like there was some history of problems between these people but it doesn't seem to add up, does it? Maybe it was a set piece - the guy goes to Turkey, attracts some attention, they 'make' him, decide that they're due some payback for old times sake, go to the guy's house in the US, pick him up at his house, take him to the ex's, and whack them all there, set the thing up as a sad scene that looks like a murder-suicide.

But instead, it's murder-murder with stage dressing.

Wondering if this guy was SOAR at one time, too, I had thought all the Escobar stuff was 7th SF, SOAR and CIA, with some CAG guys for spice.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join