It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 shift that DID and DO happen

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I have not stated anything about what anyone should or should not do, my way up the mountain (which I personally believe is one of those paths really not meant for everyone) is mine alone, and no two paths need to be alike. I am talking about meditation, mindfulness, forgiveness, practicing and communicating love and so on.

I love it how you first put words into my mouth, "you are asking people to lay down common sense and use substances that are very harmful to the human body in order to "see what you see" and then you are trying to put words into what sort of reply I would make, "And don't try to use the argument that all the stuff is natural, it is not natural to try and change your brain chemistry..."

It is like you don't need me to participate in whatever it is you are engaging in.

edit on 11-2-2013 by OleMB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
reply to post by vkey08

I have not stated anything about what anyone should or should not do, my way up the mountain (which I personally believe is one of those paths really not meant for everyone) is mine alone, and no two paths need to be alike. I am talking about meditation, mindfulness, forgiveness, practicing and communicating love and so on.

I love it how you first put words into my mouth, "you are asking people to lay down common sense and use substances that are very harmful to the human body in order to "see what you see" and then you are trying to put words into what sort of reply I would make, "And don't try to use the argument that all the stuff is natural, it is not natural to try and change your brain chemistry..."
It is like you don't need me to participate in whatever it is you are engaging in.

edit on 11-2-2013 by OleMB because: (no reason given)

So this is NOT YOU? From your signature link..... which apparently the OP liked so much he mentioned it.. And seems to be what your core belief is:

I think it’s time to preach.

That implies that it's something you are encouraging people to do does it not?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I wrote this, yes. Where did the op mention it? If you want preach to imply encouragement, I won't be the one to stop you brother.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
reply to post by vkey08

I wrote this, yes. Where did the op mention it? If you want preach to imply encouragement, I won't be the one to stop you brother.

The op thanked you for your posts and your insight and mentioned your other thread, that to me means that they agree with the assessment that your way of finding "enlightenment" is a correct way, when in fact it's extremely dangerous and makes anything you have to say on this subject highly suspect.

But even if you put that aside, nothing you write makes much sense, it seems like a bunch of random thoughts strung together in some sort of metaphysical sounding nonsense, the same sort of tripe that has permeated the entire 2012 movement, try to make people feel inferior by using a lot of high and might and insight sounding phrases and then talk about how people arent on your level and boom you look and sound like an authority.

Oh and an aside, and off topic, calling me "brother" is not kosher... I do not have the anatomy to be "brother" so I find it highly insulting.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

It is never my intention to insult you, so I am sorry.

Anyways, where did he mention my other thread?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Yeah, I am kind of curious too where that was written in this thread

Not that it is my business really but that "harmful substance" piece there was just over the line.
You coming off as prejudiced would be a grave understatement. Drop the hostility, no one is attacking you

edit on 11-2-2013 by Raud because: a slight change of words

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Spirituality and philosophy as everything to do with this thread and I welcome all such inputs and won't consider it OT. What feels a bit less like on topic is this lengthy debate that felt kind of old to begin with.

I did what I could to support my claim (not that I ever felt "responsible" before anyone to do so in the first place). You apparently did not accept my view or standpoint. For some odd reason that you won't disclose, you've been on to this like a pitbull on his favorite toy. I guess that part is what perplexes me the most and makes me lose track of what it is that we are really discussion here...

Maybe I have been unclear at some point, maybe I should have mentioned that the change of which I speak need not be felt actively as an identified emotion of something changing. It is something that just happens anyway, inside the spirit. Even as it happens, some people have no idea. Others would even fear and suppress it for different reasons. Change is a big thing for some- you know what you have but you never know what you will get...
Maybe it has to do with the thread title, I've been giving that some thought actually. It is that "did" and "do" that bothers you, right? Like some sort of "false marketing" in your eyes? Well, I am sorry if I have disappointed you but I don't think anyone of us will ever find some "ultimate truth" in a tread on the internet (let alone on a shady forum like ATS)

Let me put it like this; love, do you believe in that? Is love real? Can you measure love? Or what about any such emotion: sorrow, loyalty, fear? It is the same thing with "God", just as all encompassing as non-measuareable.
I take it you don't buy into anything about "sixth sense(s)" either, ey? Clairvoyance, telepathy, psychokinesis...? No? I'd like to put that stuff into my argumentations as well but I don't think it'll rhyme very well with the current positivist beat, so to speak

So if it is "quite clear" that this is all "not real" you can feel free to exit this thread.
I release you from your curse!

edit on 11-2-2013 by Raud because: replaced missing "reply to" tagline

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

I did what I could to support my claim (not that I ever felt "responsible" before anyone to do so in the first place).

Onus probandi

You made the claim that it was real. How can you tell it is real?

It is that "did" and "do" that bothers you, right? Like some sort of "false marketing" in your eyes?

No.

I take it you don't buy into anything about "sixth sense(s)" either, ey? Clairvoyance, telepathy, psychokinesis...? No? I'd like to put that stuff into my argumentations as well but I don't think it'll rhyme very well with the current positivist beat, so to speak

No. I do not believe in that either. Testing has always shown that none of those things work.

So if it is "quite clear" that this is all "not real" you can feel free to exit this thread.
I release you from your curse!

No thanks. I'll continue to point out that what you claimed is real in the OP is not. It is a self delusion or you are perpetrating a hoax. You either believe something is happening, or you are pretending something is happening.

If you believe something is happening then you will be disappointed when you realize you are naked.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Raud

If you believe something is happening then you will be disappointed when you realize you are naked.

So, taken that I do believe in all my claims (convinced even in some cases) do you find it your responsibility to "save" me from this grand "disappointment" and/or embarrassment?
Preach on brother, but I need no such "help". I am very well capable of leading a successful life despite my presumed "nakedness", worry you not

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
i FELT IT.. I felt the change, it was not very swift, but very subtle.. There is no reason to think the change did not happen.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Originally posted by Raud
reply to post by vkey08

Yeah, I am kind of curious too where that was written in this thread

Not that it is my business really but that "harmful substance" piece there was just over the line.
You coming off as prejudiced would be a grave understatement. Drop the hostility, no one is attacking you

edit on 11-2-2013 by Raud because: a slight change of words

After reading the signature post in question, I stand corrected. I am truly sorry for that hasty remark, vkey.
Yet, none of that has been expressed in this thread and I think we should not confuse the two, even more so we shall not judge what we know little of, I reckon.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

So, taken that I do believe in all my claims (convinced even in some cases) do you find it your responsibility to "save" me from this grand "disappointment" and/or embarrassment?
Preach on brother, but I need no such "help". I am very well capable of leading a successful life despite my presumed "nakedness", worry you not

So you still have no idea how to tell if this feeling you have is real or not.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

i FELT IT.. I felt the change, it was not very swift, but very subtle.. There is no reason to think the change did not happen.

Great. Maybe you have an idea on how to tell if this is real or not.

You say you felt it. How do you know this is not wishful thinking?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The previously mentioned shaman, by the name of Eagle Bear, once told me: "humans are biological engery transmitters-recievers; what you send is what you get in return". I never once stopped thinking like that since then. What ever station we tune into, that kind of music we will hear. What ever material you put on the air, those kind of listeners you will have calling in to the show (OK, that last one was a bit far-fetched, lol).
The forces that surround us are readily available at any given moment, as far as you are willing to call for it by putting yourself in that state of mind.
When you understand this, and start making use of it, a whole new set of possibilities opens up for you. Things start coming your way. You are in "the flow" and it is this "flow" that has increased in strength over the past few months.
So people resist the flow because they don't know where it will take them. The fear is ungrounded though, the flow leads to no danger or harm. Still, they are more happy with clinging on to whatever branch or stone that society has yelled at them to grab onto (or the undertow will take you!!!).

The flow is the breath of "God" and we are all parts of that whirl. The waters of that stream is our souls. The mind is a powerful anchor so some might not float freely during their mortal life but it is inevitable that you'll find yourself in that stream at any point of an infinite existence.

To illustrate above illustration I sat down yesterday and cracked open a new book: "Global Gender Issues in the New Millennium" by V. Spike Peterson and Anne Sisson Runyan (Westview Press, 2010). The book is mandatory for the course I am taking at the moment so there was no choice but for me to read it. And what did I come across if not a passage that truly captures a lot of the discussion in this thread.
Allow me to quote:

In general, as long as our lenses seem to work, we continue to rely on them. The more useful they appear to be, or the more accustomed to them we become, the more we are inclined to take them for granted and to resist making major changes in them. We forget that a particular lens is a choice among many alternatives. Instead, we tend to believe we are seeing "reality" as it "is" rather than as our language, culture, or discipline interprets reality.
[...]
Dominant codes are infused with normative and ideological beliefs that constitute systems of meaning and valorization.
[...]
Of course, the world we live in, and therefore our life experiences, are constantly changing, prompting changes in our lenses as well. The changes may be minor [...] Or the changes may be profound: [...] from Newtonian to quantum phyics [...]
Outdated maps are inadequate, and potentially disastrous guides.

There it was, being served to me just like that
All the inevitable circumstances and coincidences came together and spoke directly to my face and made full clarity from a turmoil of thoughts and emotions. Thank you!
I do warmly recommend this awesome book. As you see I even changed my signature to one taken from it.

By the above, I'd like to answer the below.

So you still have no idea how to tell if this feeling you have is real or not.

After all this talk about "emperors new clothes" and all that jazz let me just say that I am not the least afraid of "being wrong". The universe knows, if not me myself, that I have been wrong many times over and I have posted many a stupid thread on ATS. I am thankful for doing that because it has contributed to the development of myself as a person, as a thinker and as a being a wee bit closer to the "big picture". Most of all I am thankful for all the people that has gently grabbed my collar and slapped me sane (with love and respect in mind). Am feel that secure in myself by now that I don't worry "standing naked". I stopped worrying about that quite some time ago

Now here I am, posting this thread and I feel oddly at ease with everything it contains and how easy it has been brushing off all criticism of it. Solid support from other members (and others) have indicated and I am not as much "out there" as I have been at other times (none of these times mentioned, none forgotten, ehrm!).

We (and I am referring to you Stere-o) are operating on different wavelengths. I understand what you are after but the cookie doesn't crumble that way with me I'm afraid.
Speaking of fear, I guess you are the one under influence by it. If it turns out that my claims are "real" it would do a heck more damage to your worldview than to mine if the opposite would turn out that way. At least in that case, I have my "delusions" to seek comfort in

I know it is real because the conclusion didn't come to me, I came to it. And then I realized, it had been there with me all the time

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Raud

I suggest that it is real and that it is faith that backs it up. It is both sides of the coin at the same time, do you get it?

I get it quite well. It is not real, but you wish it were.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

This is exactly the kind of "expert" that makes me sick. He sounds technical and smart enough for people to believe him, yet his claims are so idiotic that I don´t even know where to start.

Look, this is the point. I have nothing against love, freedom and free thinking. In fact in practice that everyday. And THAT is the point. ALL of those experts that predict change imply that the world we live in now is bad. That something has to change before we can all be happy.

Well guess what. The world already is a truly amazing place, and everyone of us humans here has the possibility of being happy. Happiness is not a question of what dimension or age we live in.

THAT is why I seriously detest experts like that, because some weak minded people take that for granted and will be disappointed when the big change does not come. The change all of you are hoping for can only be done by yourself. And that is the beauty of it. We can change ourselves. We do not need another age for that.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Raud

That we're being woken up. I only hope in my lifetime and very soon even, this happens, for its a different than lower frequency, understanding of this energy is.

Will I live to see it???!!!

THIS is exactly my problem with the whole new age movement. You guys are always waiting for the next thing, always waiting for the next age, the next alignment, the next special date.

Why on earth can´t you guys just try to teach how to enjoy what we have? We are human and that is just fine. We will not get superpowers, we will not be all happy and singing together. That is not even realistic. We are humans, we are not perfect and that is a good thing.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
reply to post by stereologist

You've just bought your favorite soda. I ask you why you love that particular mix. You say "because it tastes good". You let me have a sip of your soda and I come to the conclusion that it tastes like crap.

So what did the soda really taste like? Probably nothing at all. It is all in our minds. There is no objective taste, there is no objective reality.

I am sorry, I know that this reply was meant for stereologist (who is doing an AWESOME job btw!), but I have to call you on that.

The soda tastes like ORANGE!! Which can be measured and even quantified by the amounts of artificial aroma they put in that crap. There IS an objective and measurable reality.

I cannot believe that you actually go to a university. You do not argue like someone who does, and you do not even seem to understand the concept of how a discussion works. All stereologist wants to do, is try to get objective answers out of you, hence the point-for-point style.

You on the other hand wind around like a snail, without being able to actually reflect or answer what your skilled "opponent" has just written. And I have to assume that you don´t really reflect, because otherwise you would finally answer one of his questions.

This seems like a 6-year old screaming more and more angrily at his daddy, while the dad calmly tries to asses what´s wrong.

Oh, and as much as you would probably like that, I am not another account of stereologist. I just understand what he writes (and I truly love it! Big fan!)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Raud

You cannot know what I know since you can't be inside my mind. No bigge though. It's all the same anyhow.

The argument that someone cannot know what is inside someone else's head undermines your claim that others are experiencing the same thing you are.

Oh, that is GOLD. I missed that one, good job!

I am enjoying this much more than I should probably hehe

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join