It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outright Rebellion In NY Over Guns?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Here is a video (edited recap) showing a hall full of concerned, angry citizens- demanding answers from the law over the new gun laws:

Here is the unedited version:

Whatever is going on there, one thing is clear: People are angry as crap over this, to the point of rebelling.

GOOD. THEY SHOULD BE.

And NY is not the only place these kinds of meetings are taking place, as citizens all over are taking a stand and saying no. No, no, NO!!! Enough is enough.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Posted it already yesterday. Thumbs up for the exposure though. Can you believe it TA? What a sham we are facing here, this shows what I have been screaming about the past month.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
These are patriots, real Americans speaking out.

I believe this type of courage can be found throughout the country, and within most individuals.

Our federal government has been hijacked, by self-serving criminals.

It's time to organize unified militias, and begin working as one to protect our liberty.

We need to take America back.

I willing to die today, protecting the U.S. Constitution, even if I have to die alone.

United we stand, divided we fall.

F.T.G.

edit on 2-2-2013 by seasoul because: "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Gandhi

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Now that made me smile. Armed intersection may be coming soon and in as unlikely place as new york. I love the comment where not here to discuss this bill but to tell you whats been banned. Classic police state

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
sounds to me like the group of men need to get together
and hire a lawyer and sue the lawmakers of the state.

Those laws were a direct infringement on their rights.

I agree with the poster above , if push comes to shove i would be
standing right next to you dying for the constitution.

We did NOT get this far and let so many before us die defending the
constitution for nothing. Their efforts will not go down in vein.

TPTB should be worried, hopefully they will wake up, because there are to
many that when the time comes will step up.

If i was a millionaire, right now i would be buying every ar and ak i could find
and giving them away so when this law went into effect, there would be thousands
more that had the weapons and could use them when/if the time comes.
i would spend every cent i didnt need to survive on to arm the nation while it is still
legal.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Id be all for this if I didnt think the govnt wants this to happen. aAnything to impose martial law . They will label us as terrorists an d once ML is in place, its all over.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TajRashae

while i do agree, i think its all over anyway, its just a matter of
time for them to play their hand.
they will get their fight, sadly there is no way around it.. it's coming.

We are probably already labeled as terrorist just because we are on here
and own guns. So no big deal there. They just have not gone out rounding
us up yet. The time will come.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Nothing is more American, than NON-compliance to these new acts of TREASON against the People of New York.

The Traitors are infringing upon the RIGHTS of New Yorkers. It will end badly for the law-abiding citizens, but as always, will work VERY well for criminals and the traitors if the citizens allow these acts of treason to go unmatched.

New Yorkers, the traitors in your midst have been identified.

Traitors =enemy of a free people... Enemy of We The People...

[color=skyblue]"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." --Thomas Jefferson

"A free people ought to be armed." --George Washington

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." --George Mason.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined or determined to commit crimes. Such laws only make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assassins; they serve to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." --Thomas Jefferson

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." --Samuel Adams:

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe." --Noah Webster

INDEED... the traitors are in your midst New Yorkers...

edit on 2-2-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
When will this nonsense end. I did not served 21 years in the Army and fight in multiple wars, for some idiot scream and cry into a microphone about the amount of bullets to kill a deer. I stand by my brothers in NY and if they need a highly trained rifleman, you can count me in! At some point the government needs to know its limitations or suffer repercussions of its people.

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm sure some people still aren't aware but since I am familiar with the State, I can say this as fact.

There are two areas in New York. New York City is liberal and will always be liberal. People will tolerate this in the city because they are used to these Jerks passing these laws and are more prone to accept them with little fight.

Upstate New York on the other hand, WILL NOT COMPLY with these laws. People up here won't comply with laws they feel are a threat to their lifestyle of safety. I have a feeling most of the sheriffs in upstate will not be enforcing the more absurd parts of the law so unless the Feds come in and start doing this over the heads of State authorities, people up here will sit tight and flip the bird to the Democrats in this state.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm encouraged to see this in New York. If, outside the city, you can get a reaction like this, can you imagine how Texas, the Southwest, the South, rural Midwest, Mountain West, and Alaska will react to a Federal attempt to mirror these laws nationally? It's a testament to the power of alternative media and social networking that we are, at the moment, countering the near 24-7 anti-second amendment propaganda on the MSM. I just came across a Forbe article talking about who is winning in the propaganda war currently being fought over guns.

from Forbes

NRA Winning the Influence Battle Over Gun Control
Forbes Insights and Appinions looked at the data for the week prior to the Sandy Hook tragedy and trended the data over the subsequent 5 weeks to determine the ebb and flow over the gun control debate. We found that the NRA and the pro-gun rights voices are winning the influence battle and will continue to be strong and more influential if the pro gun control voice remains fragmented.

Those of us who believe in the 2nd Amendment cannot afford to become complacent though. Another mass shooting or high profile crime with a "scary looking rifle" could easily shift the tide the other way. Also, even though there is a definite difference in left/right, Dem/GOP, and rural/urban thought about the Second Amendment we should avoid simply lumping 2nd Amendment rights into the normal wedge status between the above groups. Armed Detroiters are taking their city back one justifiable shooting after another, Democrats in even left leaning states like Minnesota are hesitant to get on the record as being for Fienslime's bill, and here in my little corner of the South opposition to new gun laws is one of the few things most everyone I know, regardless of race, religion or political affiliation, agrees upon. Those who believe that the GOP is the only answer should look into some of the laws Reagan signed when he was governor in California (mainly in response to organizations like the Panthers carrying shotguns and AKs in public).

I'm not sure if I should be scared or proud that I couldn't find a single box of 9mm FMJ today after looking 5 different places. Where I live at, there is almost always a spike in the amount of gunshots I hear on a weekend that generally coincides with people getting new guns for Christmas and the end of deer season. Christmas is over a month past and deer season is out, yet I'm still hearing lots of gunfire. The People have armed themselves and they are practicing.

I think the hasty passage of the NY gun law, under emergency provisions, with little time to review the text, in the middle of the night, woke a lot of people up. I hope that new awareness of creeping tyranny doesn't start and end with gun rights. Maybe, they'll start to think "A government that can't pass much less balance a budget; can't prosecute banksters that blow monstrous bubbles,launder money for terrorists and drug lords,and then get bailed out at taxpayer expense; or enact economic policies that lead to more jobs for more people is trying to infringe on my natural right to bear arms. Hopefully, when we win this fight though the courts and legislatures, those that got off their ass and got active here will demand that changes happen in other areas that need addressing as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWright

True. When someone says NYS people auto think of NYC. This state is so much more than the city. I have traveled to every corner of NY and worked just about in every major city here throughout my life. It is beautiful and the people are generally nice no matter where you go. But unfortunately NYC and Long Island has the majority of population so they get to dictate the rest of the state. Definitely don't underestimate us folks in Upstate NY, our voices are being heard and we will not submit to the crooks downstate.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TajRashae

once ML (martial LAw) is in effect it is all over and done?

What does martial law have to do with anything?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Look at all those frightened white men. Sad.

WOW gotta bring race into it. Must be getting desperate now days. Whatever doesn't matter either way, I see people standing up and questioning unjust laws. In case you anti folks haven't noticed your outnumbered and out gunned.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It's great to see people standing up for the rights and freedom of protection. Hopefully the politicians will see reason eventually and stop pursuing this path. No one has the right to impose restrictions on you that does not harm them. Even though guns have the potential to hurt someone it is the owner who decides what happens.
Regards from Sweden

P.S
I don't currently own a gun but will when can afford it, for protection of my home, range shooting for fun and I would also like to try hunting some time. We have a lot of restrictions here and it is also very expensive, horrible. Don't let them take your guns or restrict them, I don't know when it happened here in Sweden, too young to know but I will research it in the near future.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This video made my day. These guys are taking a stand and they will win.
The ignorant knee jerk gun control reaction to Sandy Hook doesn't even begin to address
the real causes of this type of violence. What Cuomo and obummer have done is create
a greater, more powerful camaraderie among gun owners,exponentially increased gun and ammo sales and brought the harsh light of truth to their plans to take not just our guns, but all our rights.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There's a storm coming...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join