It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well do something...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Constitutional Rights… Stop bitching about it on a forum, on FB... on social media period, for God’s sake do something, make a difference!

I have sent my letters to my Reps, to my senators, to the president & vice-president voicing my concerns, I have even put letter out to my state governor, and legislators. I am doing my part and will do more as it becomes necessary.

The question is what have you done? And don’t tell me it’s pointless to do such things… it’s people that don’t do anything that makes all the elected officials think they can do whatever they want…

Pointless or not at least I trying to make a difference, I am fighting for our constitutional rights and common sense laws… What are you doing to make it better?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
How is that working out for you...

Why do people think sending a letter without attaching a check for $100k or more is going to make a difference.

These poeple are all bought and paid for, writing letters does nothing but waste your time.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
Constitutional Rights… Stop bitching about it on a forum, on FB... on social media period, for God’s sake do something, make a difference!

I have sent my letters to my Reps, to my senators, to the president & vice-president voicing my concerns, I have even put letter out to my state governor, and legislators. I am doing my part and will do more as it becomes necessary.

The question is what have you done? And don’t tell me it’s pointless to do such things… it’s people that don’t do anything that makes all the elected officials think they can do whatever they want…

Pointless or not at least I trying to make a difference, I am fighting for our constitutional rights and common sense laws… What are you doing to make it better?

I like this. You're right, action is better than words. Being aware of whats going around you and acting now, is a proven and effective method of dealing with a problem especially if you have numbers and publicity in a western democracy.

I don't mean to bring it off topic by mentioning 2nd amendment advocates, but buying up semi auto weapons etc and waiting for the feds to knock on the door before 'action' is taken, is closing the stable doors after the horse has bolted.

Effective action is to be active from the get-go. Unfortunately, I'm sure a lot of Americans feel hopeless and to some extent helpless as rights-smothering legislation seems to be implemented every day.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
How is that working out for you...

Why do people think sending a letter without attaching a check for $100k or more is going to make a difference.

These poeple are all bought and paid for, writing letters does nothing but waste your time.

so doing nothing will make it better?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

You time would be better spent in the community informing people or getting involved at the local level of gov. Run for city council, start changing things from the inside.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

I’ve done all of that, too! I did those things first! Now I’m bitching about it on ATS!

Sounds like I’m farther along in this process than you, friend!

It’s funny how some people assume that members who make threads on a topic are somehow confined to the computer and have done nothing in the physical word.

edit on 2-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Shdak

You time would be better spent in the community informing people or getting involved at the local level of gov. Run for city council, start changing things from the inside.

You're correct IMO. Everyone can have an impact at the local level. I've been engaged locally for a couple years now. I've done a lot of things locally except personally running for office. That's not my cup of tea....and I have a career and a familiy to support.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

I agree 100% OP and you're dead on right. I feel the same as you do. What I am doing or what you are doing may not be the most effective, but it's DOING something that has the chance of constructive influence. If it doesn't work? I'll bet you'll learn from it then apply what you've learned to refine future efforts. I know I am.

Likewise to the others though?

Fine... What I'm doing or what the OP is doing may not be the best but don't sit there on the couch, watching American Idol and munching on ding dongs and ho hos bloviating about it. Suggest something that WILL work or better yet, lead by example and SHOW what works but throwing the whole game by default isn't an option. Indeed.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Fine... What I'm doing or what the OP is doing may not be the best but don't sit there on the couch, watching American Idol and munching on ding dongs and ho hos bloviating about it.

Of course we're free to do those activities AFTER we get out and do something about it!

Just saying!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Shdak

Yep, that is part of what I do... good point

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by Shdak

You're correct IMO. Everyone can have an impact at the local level. I've been engaged locally for a couple years now. I've done a lot of things locally except personally running for office. That's not my cup of tea....and I have a career and a familiy to support.

Glad to see someone else involved, and like you running for office is not for me either

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well of course! After all, if we don't stop and smell a rose once in awhile, we risk mowing them right down to forget what all the effort is even about, right?

Heck.. I would never even think of your name when mentally ticking down those I'd consider trollish to an extreme. Little things like all but ordering others to do nothing and obey like goats staked for the Tiger to play with define that well.

First, I know you've walked what you're talking as much as I can know anyone I haven't met by a long period of your posting.

Something these...'troll' types...don't even give thought to? Some of us have gotten VERY good over the long years at spotting contradiction within posts from the same person. Even across months of the two posts coming in...and I just know you know what I'm talking about.

edit on 2-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor adjustment of wording

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Swaying public opinion with a solid argument IS doing something.

As is voting and mailing congressmen.

But the simple act of putting your opinion out there makes a difference. People are swayed by
popular opinion. That's why you check the comments...to see if you opinion is popular.

If it is you get affirmation and that solidifies your beliefs. If is isn't (and you're like most people)
you might begin to rethink your position or soften your viewpoint a little...

That's why you vote for the politicians that you do, because they made their opinions known
and you agreed with them.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
well for starters i signed the petition to get marijuana legalised in my state, i am being proficient ininforming my fellow man and like minded people as to what's all going down. living without criminal action, writing politically astute and slightly macabre lyrics, face melting and getting drunk as fuch

new topics

top topics

join