It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media and the government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm not really one to start threads but I've really got to get this off my chest.

Growing up I noticed that each year it seemed that all the movies coming out during one summer had one theme (aliens, volcanoes.. etc). My thoughts were always that, since the internet was just really beginning and forums were just starting so that meant that the government had their hands in this so they could gauge reaction via forum conversations.

Obviously things have changed a bit since since then and I didn't revisit my thoughts on this topic until the recent abduction of the little boy in the Alabama case where the man who took the boy keeps being titled a 'doomsday prepper'. Now, I like watching the NatGeo show Doomsday Prepper for the pure amusement of it all but it never stops me from thinking 'wow, way to make preppers look like crazies'.

This links back to my previous idea of the government with the media. We know that the government has its hand in mass media but with the recent gun control issues coming forward and now this blow at preppers I have to wonder if this recent attacks (while horrible) aren't beginning to fuel attention on turning the mass public that preppers are dangerous.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This article seems to think preppers should be worried as being a government target.:

blog.aaanet.org...

Combine it with the info in this article--Just so you know ahead of time VIDEO DOESN'T WORK.:

www.shtfplan.com...

And yeah....I think they're trying to tell preppers, "Watch out! Here we come!" Remember TPTB always make their intentions known. This is how their intentions work on your conscience.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ohyouknow

You may be right. You may also be wrong. Who knows. But when you smell BS it is important to bring it up to others. To not do so would mean that "they" may get away with something.

I figure that usually when everyone starts to agree about something, it is quite often at least partially true. Not that the villagers don't occasionally storm the wrong castle....

It isn't about "preppers" insomuch as the government not liking people making weapons hoards.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I kinda feel like they're putting a stigma on preppers in general. Not every prepper has a massive amount of guns. Not every prepper is sane either, on the same hand.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohyouknow
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I kinda feel like they're putting a stigma on preppers in general. Not every prepper has a massive amount of guns. Not every prepper is sane either, on the same hand.

Maybe they are. Wouldn't be the first time a stereotype was utilized to the ill effect of the group that is stereotyped. Doing that to Mexican folks is what got pot banned.

top topics

join