It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI Once Freaked Out About Nazi Monks in the Amazon Rainforest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

In October 1941, FBI director J. Edgar Hoover received a strange bit of war intelligence in a classified document, the Appendix details. The correspondence warned that a secret German airbase had gone up deep in the heart of the Amazon rainforest. In a note quickly sent to the Assistant Secretary of State, Hoover warns:

“As of possible interest to you, information has been received from a reliable confidential source that there are rumors current in Brazil as to a German air base, reported to exist in the Rio Negro district of the upper Amazon. Additional information will be furnished you concerning this when it is received.”

Read more: blogs.smithsonianmag.com...

Just thought I'd share this. Seems like a really interesting story even if they were wrong. Also made me wonder if there's truth to the tales of Nazis regrouping and living in secrecy as the US government seemed to consider it...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Nazis regrouping and living in secrecy as the US government seemed to consider it

Absolutely right.

The US government is much much more evil then we actually assumed.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Did you know Mein Kampf is still being printed.
The Nazi movement is still out there. Still very strong in south America. I'm puzzled on how this movement still exists.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
Did you know Mein Kampf is still being printed.
The Nazi movement is still out there. Still very strong in south America. I'm puzzled on how this movement still exists.

I'm puzzled how you can be puzzled the "Nazi" movement still exists while also indirectly suggesting banning a book.
edit on 1-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

hi, man,
this is probably old news, but didnt nazi scientist get hired to work in the us after the war?, mainly on engines and sutch.. so even their research has been going on without any interruptions, there are lots of other examples too.. they are still rocking it.. and what about mengele?, werent there lots of report of him doing studies on twins, somebody sponsored him.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve

hi, man,
this is probably old news, but didnt nazi scientist get hired to work in the us after the war?, mainly on engines and sutch.. so even their research has been going on without any interruptions, there are lots of other examples too.. they are still rocking it.. and what about mengele?, werent there lots of report of him doing studies on twins, somebody sponsored him.

Look up "Project Paperclip"

Google Search for - Project Paperclip

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Hitler's enemies are still out there and are doing what they did in Hitler's day which caused Hitler to rise and bring about anti-semetism.The Jews better learn or more and more people will turn to such extremes and/or become anti- semetic.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Not suggesting anything. Don't read too much into anything, it's not healthy. If i wanted to suggest we should ban the book I would of said so. I don't beat around the bush. And what I meant when I said " I'm puzzled on how this movement still exists" is that it's still so strong. It's traces are everywhere.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I'll try to clarify my meaning. Thanks for your reply.

I'm bringing to light the "subtle" nazi-ism that many people have in a very nuanced and subconscious way that affects in an aggregate way our whole culture.

There should never be any question as to why any book is still in print is my point. Ever. To question "why" is the nuanced attitude that leads to "well *who* is buying it?" "why are *they* buying it" etc etc etc.

I'm drawing attention to the way we all carry around these nuanced ways of speaking that ever so subtly "help" the "Nazi" (and similar) mindset/agenda/culture. If we're going to sit here and talk about how TPTB/TV/History/Advertising/MSM are "mind controlling" us, we have to start being VERY cognizant of the low level "attitudes" we carry, don't notice, and don't fully see the nuanced ripple effects they have.

Look at what your question is asking: Why are you puzzled it's still in print? Because you think Nazis are keeping it in print? Because scholars are? Because it's historically relevant? Only one of those requires any "puzzling". That then comes with the interesting veiled or unintended suggestion that "people who buy Mein Kampf are or might want to be Nazis" which of course leads to... etc etc.

I hope this makes sense, it's an important thing because we're all actually constantly "helping" the control agenda by not really looking at the way we say and express ourselves and all the unspoken implications and influence going on.

That's why I specifically chose the word "indirect" in my first response to you. I understand you weren't seeking banning despite the seeds being contained in the language. That's how "good" people get used for "bad" motives and how "good" quotes get used for "bad" agendas, etc.
edit on 1-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Thanks for clearing that up. I understand how what I wrote can be misconstrued. But since I'm the kind of person that says exactly what is on his mind and doesn't speak in parables, I sometimes forget people often think there are ulterior meanings to what others say which is not my case. So again thank you for clearing that up. Next time I'll try to choose my words more wisely...but I probably won't

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Adolph Hitler's father, Alois Hitler was the illegitimate son of Baron Salomon Meyer Rothschild.
-
Adolph Hitler served 9 month (supposed to have gotten 5 years) for treason in Landsberg Prison February 26, 1924.
-
Landsberg Prison was designed by Hugo Höfl. Born in 16 June 1878 and died 13 April 1957, he was a highly decorated Generalleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II.
-
The Wehrmacht was Germany's armed forces from 1935 to 1945, The Waffen-SS, the combat branch of the Nazi party became the fourth branch of the Wehrmacht.
-
In 1933, the Nazis came to power through elections, They were lead by a Jewish man, Hitler.
-
Why Jewish? Salomon Mayer von Rothschild born in Frankfurt September 1774 was Hitler's granfather. As you can see by his name he was jewish. He was prominent banker in the Austrian Empire. He kick started the Mayer Amschel Rothschild family.
-
Mayer Amschel Rothchild (23 February 1744 – 19 September 1812) was a German Jewish banker. He was the founder of the Rothschild family international banking dynasty that became the most successful business family in history. In 2005, he was ranked 7th on the Forbes magazine list of "The Twenty Most Influential Businessmen of all Time". The business magazine referred to him as a "founding father of international finance"

I don't think it's so much Anti-Semitism than one class of Jews wagging war against a "lower class" of jews. A cleansing of the blood lines if you will perpetrated by the Rothchilds. I might be way off but that's how it looks to me.
edit on 1-2-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
So again thank you for clearing that up. Next time I'll try to choose my words more wisely...but I probably won't

Haha... don't worry your subconscious has already been infected and other examples (in you and everyone else) will become more and more glaring. Apologies in advance.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX

Nazis regrouping and living in secrecy as the US government seemed to consider it

Absolutely right.

The US government is much much more evil then we actually assumed.

The US government is not a person. It is the people in that government who are evil The ones we all elect and provide the power to.

The deeper you look, the more you realize it is your own face you are seeing. Welcome to the reality that we have created.
edit on 1-2-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join