It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Wrong with School Administrations These Days?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I am apalled at the amount of children being expelled from school for toy guns, paper guns, making gun gestures with hands, etc. ad nauseum. Where does the madness end? What the hell is wrong with these people? If I had children I am afraid I would seriously have reservations about allowing them to attend public school these days after all this nonsensical scaremongering. The story of the girl from PA for the paper gun made me fuming, as by watching the video she was clearly traumatized by being grilled then teased after!!

You see these stories every other day. When the hell are we gong to say ENOUGH!!

6 year old expelled for bringing a toy gun to school for show and tell in Sumter, SC.

5 year old in MA suspended for making a gun out of legos.

Two childrens discussion of a nerf gun caused a Bronx, NY school to go on lockdown a few days back.

Earlier this month another NY school was put on lockdown for a nerf gun. Earlier this month also a 5 year old girl was suspended for bringing a pink Hello Kitty Bubblegun to school.

A girl in Philadephia, PA was searched in front of her class and relentlessly scolded for having a "paper gun".

Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Oklahoma have seen 6 students expelled all between 6 and 13 in the past month for making hand gestures that look like a gun, two of the children were playing "cops and robbers".

Going to link stories for all these several with videos, but I am forced to ask WTF is wrong with us? Why can't kids just be kids? For God's sakes man, STOP THE MADNESS!!!

6 year old Sumpter, SC

5 Yr Old MA Lego Gun

Nerf Gun Lockdown in Bronx, NY

Long Island, NY Nerf Gun Causes 6 hour Lockdown

Mt. Carmel 5 Yr Old Pink Bubblegun Suspension

Philadelphia Paper Gun

6 Yr Old Maryland Gun Gesture Suspension

Two 6 Yr Olds Suspended for Playing Cops and Robbers in MD

5 Yr Old in OK Suspended for Gun Gesture

Tamaqua PA 7th Grader Suspended for Gun Gesture

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've been wondering the same thing. Seems like the teachers are getting a little weird and jumpy.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Thanks for posting this.

It's truly appalling that kids who play are treated like criminals, as a child the kids in my neighborhood would play war outside all day and sometimes at school, and no-one got hurt.

If this type of idiocy is happening in the area of anyone reading this thread, VOTE OUT the people on your board of education, and vote in people who aren't completely insane.
edit on 31-1-2013 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Oh no! Did the kids feel bad when they were in trouble? Good. That's how you teach right from wrong.

Schools have had shootings since before this was even a country. Source

It's time to take a zero tolerance policy to any threat inside a school. Realistic or not.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It is completely ridiculous. The "zero-tolerance" policies that are being enforced are beyond the pale. I have some experience in this. I have a child that was expelled from school from tongue in cheek writings in a journal that was supposed to remain secret and unread.

The result of that was a huge to do. Big lawyers against the school district. White boys, star football players in their senior year. You can't go up against a school district they have their own courts. They made an example of white boys in a political environment.

I still fume.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Zero tolerance policies, which is what all of this comes down to-are truly wrong. Things should be treated on a case by case basis ( I feel this way with criminals and prison sentences, too).

These policies also, in my opinion, enable bullying, whether intentional or not. It used to be that if you had a bully, you stood up to them and popped them in the mouth. Nowadays, the zero-tolerance policies even spread into that area...making many kids afraid to stand up to their bullies, because they know they will be treated harshly.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You missed the recent story about the 6? year old deaf child who was suspended for hand signing his name. His name has a "h" in it, which the sign for h, is two fingers pointed out...

edit on 1/31/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: lol

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

You missed the recent story about the 6? year old deaf child who was suspended for hand signing his name. His name has a "h" in it, which the sign for h, is two fingers pointed out...

That's not quite it. His name is Hunter, and rather than spell his name, which is what officially you're supposed to do, he used the sign for the noun "hunter", which is incorrect.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Oh no! Did the kids feel bad when they were in trouble? Good. That's how you teach right from wrong.

Schools have had shootings since before this was even a country. Source

It's time to take a zero tolerance policy to any threat inside a school. Realistic or not.

With an attitude like that, please, don't ever reproduce

Kids are kids, not criminals, get a grip

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Oh they want to make the kids extremely 'disciplined and robotic'.

They punish on every minor offence.
So that the kids will think that they would be punished for any minor offence they commit.
Hence they will try to not make any mistake.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

yes I forgot that one......his name was Hunter and was expelled for using sign language for his name. Thanks for mentioning that one.....yet another example of adults acting worse than children.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

So if my kid threatens to shoot yours, and we laugh it off as kids being kids, would you have the same opinion if my child then killed your child?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

So if my kid threatens to shoot yours, and we laugh it off as kids being kids, would you have the same opinion if my child then killed your child?

And if your kid made a finger gun motion at another on the playground does that mean he is going to kill someone?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

How many 6 year olds have killed another 6 year old in the past year with a gun? FFS I said stuff like that when I was a kid due to being bullied, did I ever follow through with it? NO. If they can't be trusted to use common sense on a case by case business they don't deserve to be around children. And just to point something out I have never heard of a water gun killing anyone so try again Poncho.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
We're raising a generation of people that will associate firearms with punishment. They will be afraid of guns. Afraid to touch, use, draw guns.

This is social engineering at it's worst!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Do you realize how many school shootings there are in the USA?

imagine being a teacher, imagine what it is like where every other day someone dies at a school.

If you want this fear to stop, then stop the shootings. Yet your country doesn't want gun reform.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Do you realize how many school shootings there are in the USA?

imagine being a teacher, imagine what it is like where every other day someone dies at a school.

If you want this fear to stop, then stop the shootings. Yet your country doesn't want gun reform.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
We're raising a generation of people that will associate firearms with punishment. They will be afraid of guns. Afraid to touch, use, draw guns.

This is social engineering at it's worst!

Agreed, I don't see children learning anything useful from punishment like this except maybe fear of authority.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Ahh...Thank you for the correction. I guess I should have been less lazy, and looked it up...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join