It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Child threatened on bus today (Gun Violence)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I disagree, but you are welcome to your opinion.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI
Sorry to be honest here but.

Your whole story seems sketchy and poorly planned out before you started typing.

Which part seems sketchy, sounded perfectly plausible to me (and obviously others who have participated in the discussion)

It is my opinion your just a drama queen, who has made up some cock a mamy story about some fictitious kid planning a school shooting.

That may be your opinion, but given the seriousness of the issue is it necessary to throw insults about?

You have no credibility in my eyes, do you know why? Here let me tell you why.

You have a kid getting threatened with death, you have some other kid planning a shooting at school, and what do you do?

YOU COME HERE FOR ADVICE.

YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR THE FOLLOWING DAY?

In a real situation like that, thinking ATS first would not happen. Fantasy island, that is where your story has come from.

ATS is a source for good advice sometimes, there is people here from all walks of life. Not everybody in this world has someone they can turn to in real life for the type of advice you can receive here, and given the amount of threads on shootings and gun control, there is obviously a lot of educated people here on the subject.

Please log off the internet for a few months, I think you may have taken all this to seriously.

Just saying.

Please log off the internet for a few months, or at least until you learn some civility.

To the OP, I don't have much to add that others haven't already said, so I will just agree with other posters that the authorities should be informed just in case there is any truth behind the young boys claims....it may save lives.

I hope your child and the other children at the school stay safe.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by BO XIAN

About #6....

Believe me I wanted to go yelling, shouting and throwing the accusing finger up their noses this morning!!! I would have LOVED to treat them like the children they are in my eyes by not taking the bull by the horns when my daughter first brought this to their attention and it is my opinion the child at whatever age once having admitted as much, should have been held, detained until his parents came for a meeting and to be sent home for these types of horrendous threats until he had time to think things through or seek professional help.

I have so much to say on this if it were just me, one crazy Mom who has had her children threatened, and those of the other beautiful lives at our local school.

How to cross that thin line without making waves turn into tsunamis that will only devastate everyone? How to make such a judgement against or in my eyes for a child who is either really sick or crying out for help without doing more damage?

I truly want to know.

INDEED.

I'd want to know, too.

I wish I had more of God's wisdom to advise with in this situation. Alas, my day left me without any more suggestions. So sorry.

. . . It seems to me you have a great head on your shoulders and a wonderful heart to fuel good thinking.

I guess one bottom line issue as a parent is their child's safety.

Another is that the child sees their safety as a super high parental priority. I think you are charting a great course on both issues.

A related but lesser issue is plausibly to touch base with the boy's parents in as redemptive and productive a way as possible. If they are cooperative, sane and decent--great--worth doing.

If they aren't, you've done your part and have more information with which to inform the school as well as inform your further actions in behalf of your daughter.

From what you've said, I remain quite skeptical that we are dealing with model parents on the boy 's side. Whether they are workable or not is hard to know without more info.

It may take some brainstorming with some other moms in your social circle . . . or maybe the parents of the others kids who were threatened. THAT MIGHT BE A GREAT PLACE TO START--get THOSE parents together and brainstorm what actions can be taken of what sort in what contexts etc.

Anyway--Sorry I don't have more to offer. My heart goes out to you.

Blessings,

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Are you freaking kidding me? It is completely inappropriate to be discussing this on ATS, even more so having your step daughter be a part of it. You need to call the police and keep your children home until the situation is resolved. I'm 95% sure this is just bluster from the kid, but I wouldn't be willing to bet a child's life on that.

If I were in your shoes here is what I would do. Ask a mod to close the thread, contact the police department. Make sure they have contacted the appropriate school admins (you should speak with the principal and whoever is in charge of your school district) in the morning and do not send your child to school. Retain legal counsel, seek a restraining order and then not talk about it with strangers on the internet until everything is finished. This is something that should only be discussed with VERY close personal friends and family, not broadcast to the entire world.

I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice, merely what I would personally do in your situation. I think it incredibly childish you posted this here. Your failing to contact the police before asking a conspiracy forum is reprehensible.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by antar

A lot would depend on the age of the boy and if he actually has access to a firearm. If you are getting nowhere with the school I would take it directly to the boy's parents. We had an incident with something similar when my youngest was still in school and I took it straight to the kid's mother. After a few choice words my daughter never had a problem with this boy again, and from what my daughter and other kids from the school bus told me the boy couldn't sit right for about a week.

Well now, that's just good parenting right there. Kid got his butt handed to him for being a bully.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Options Domo, she's looking for options.

Though most of the replies telling her to contact the various authorities are correct.

But putting the kid online, yea, unwise and sends my spidey senses a-tingling.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by antar

Are you freaking kidding me? It is completely inappropriate to be discussing this on ATS, even more so having your step daughter be a part of it. You need to call the police and keep your children home until the situation is resolved. I'm 95% sure this is just bluster from the kid, but I wouldn't be willing to bet a child's life on that.

If I were in your shoes here is what I would do. Ask a mod to close the thread, contact the police department. Make sure they have contacted the appropriate school admins (you should speak with the principal and whoever is in charge of your school district) in the morning and do not send your child to school. Retain legal counsel, seek a restraining order and then not talk about it with strangers on the internet until everything is finished. This is something that should only be discussed with VERY close personal friends and family, not broadcast to the entire world.

I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice, merely what I would personally do in your situation. I think it incredibly childish you posted this here. Your failing to contact the police before asking a conspiracy forum is reprehensible.

No kidding eh.

Makes me sick. Like I said, this stinks so much I feel it is drama BS at its finest hour.

OP, Give your head a shake, if it falls off, kick it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I think in some ways you are right, there should be a plan in place and certain steps to ascertain whether or not this is an innocent outburst or a proposed real threat. I would sheet my pants if something were to go down and noting had been done prior to intervene on behalf of not only the innocents but the child who is so destroyed that he would chose violence as a way to solve their problems.

Are you on some sort of psychotropic medication?

After the shooter, the BLAME WOULD FALL SQUARELY ON YOUR SHOULDERS.

17k posts here? time you got hobbies there lady.

Someone U2U me here and gave me enough INFO about your situation, AND BEGGED me to call the authorities myself, that that is exactly what I am doing right now as I log off here.

I will help you get this all sorted out OK?, seems your having issues.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Crickets.

Load of BS like I never heard here before, and when it comes to KIDS you piss me off.

Scared? good, you should be. I am not 100% sure spewing this malarkey is a crime, but I assure you the police WILL have something to talk about with you, as they now have this whole stew of crap you have spilled here.

Crickets.

MODS please lock this thread, it is 1000% BS. 17k drama classes.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI
Crickets.

Load of BS like I never heard here before, and when it comes to KIDS you piss me off.

Scared? good, you should be. I am not 100% sure spewing this malarkey is a crime, but I assure you the police WILL have something to talk about with you, as they now have this whole stew of crap you have spilled here.

Crickets.

MODS please lock this thread, it is 1000% BS. 17k drama classes.

I must be missing something here...but the only thing I'm seeing that seems inappropriate are the public calls to lock the thread. To some people on ATS, it's a community of friends. Some here even know each other beyond just what can be found in the open threads. (gasp)

Antar is someone I know to be well grounded, reasonable and credible from seeing posts over an extended period and some chat on a few things in the past. Logging into a blind IRC chat room or a place where you don't know people would be rather silly .... but that simply isn't the case for everyone here.
edit on 2-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I must be missing something here...but the only thing I'm seeing that seems inappropriate are the public calls to lock the thread. To some people on ATS, it's a community of friends. Some here even know each other beyond just what can be found in the open threads. (gasp)

Antar is someone I know to be well grounded, reasonable and credible from seeing posts over an extended period and some chat on a few things in the past. Logging into a blind IRC chat room or a place where you don't know people would be rather silly .... but that simply isn't the case for everyone here.
edit on 2-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

This "COMMUNITY" has taken the place of face to face communities for sounding board dialogues in many lives. What's so horrific about that? Sheesh.

Given the diversity and size of the community, it's an excellent RESOURCE for getting a wide diversity of often knowledgeable inputs.

CERTAINLY ONE HAS TO SIFT AND SORT the inputs with a fairly exacting criteria to toss out the chaff. What else is new.

Castigating this honorable mother BASED ON ONE'S BIASES AND ASSUMPTIONS

[color=6699FF]IS REPREHENSIBLE to the max, imho.

Sheesh.

There's some degree of functional anonymity hereon . . .

I think it's up to the mother and the child as to whether the child comes on the thread. If there were no anonymity, it would be different.

I applaud the mother for her reasoned, thoughtful and serious steps to ferret out useful information and take useful actions. This is a nitty gritty life/death issue and I'd want the maximum amount of input as well.

All the more so given the intractable legal futilities involved with

1. the schools typically
2. the police typically
3. social service agencies typically

What's left?

At least she gets a wide diversity of input hereon--much of it from experts in various aspects of the situation.

I see that only as good.

Sheesh.

edit on 2/2/2013 by BO XIAN because: fix tag

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

There is so much still going on with this case, I feel like a failure as a parent for not pushing harder Friday, I should have gone straight to the top from the beginning.

They seem set against making issue of this.

With all the privacy issues I have not gotten the answers I need to know that my children and the rest of the children threatened will be safe, the boy is lying and trying to minimize his threats.

I feel almost frozen over this, and will take it up again on Monday. In the meantime I trying to find numbers of the other children who were directly threatened because I need some solid parental support to continue addressing this.

Be glad you are not in my place. I do not want to harm the boy more, I do not want him to go crazy on himself or others, I do want him to get help and everyone around him to be safe.
edit on 2-2-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So it's my understanding that the police were never called and the child was sent to school...and the OP is mostly focusing on wanting to arm the principle now.

Bad parenting or just a pro-gun troll?

If any of my kids were threatened by a 13 year old (13 year olds know what they are saying and are capable of shooting a gun and killing), I would be on the phone with the police first, the school second, and not allow my child back in that school until that kid was removed.

In my opinion, all the OP did was put her child at increased risk because this unstable kid specifically told her that he would kill her if she told anyone...and the OP thinks the kid isn't going to figure out who outed him???

I really hope this is just pro-gun trolling from a known gun advocate instead of a parent putting their daughter in harm because she doesn't like the police and she is pro-gun so doesn't really want to make this a big deal.

Unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by lnfideI

There is so much still going on with this case, I feel like a failure as a parent for not pushing harder Friday, I should have gone straight to the top from the beginning.

They seem set against making issue of this.

With all the privacy issues I have not gotten the answers I need to know that my children and the rest of the children threatened will be safe, the boy is lying and trying to minimize his threats.

I feel almost frozen over this, and will take it up again on Monday. In the meantime I trying to find numbers of the other children who were directly threatened because I need some solid parental support to continue addressing this.

Be glad you are not in my place. I do not want to harm the boy more, I do not want him to go crazy on himself or others, I do want him to get help and everyone around him to be safe.
edit on 2-2-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

Dont beat yourself up. Your not a failure, & ignore some of these newer posters who don't understand your situation and are trying to belittle and troll your thread. I've been where you are. Got 4 kids, had to deal with one disturbed bully, who, thankfully got himself suspended because he pushed my son right out the front doors at the end of the day, craćking my sons head. Every parent standing there witnessed it, as did the teacher. In that case, he went way too far, it was witnessed, so that got me off the hook...again,listen to your gut, do what you feel is right, and stop beating yourself up! Keep updating because those of us that 'know' you, are interested & do care. Good luck Antar

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I haven't been keeping up with the thread for the past few pages, but I was wondering if your husband went to the meeting with you. Since she is your step daughter, what does her father think should be done? How does he feel about how the school is handling this?
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already and I missed it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I only have one question. Antar, if you are in a town of 230 people, as your previous post said, then why is there any trouble tracking down the parents of the boy or the other kids that were threatened? You should know everyone in the town and where they live, at such a small population. In fact, I'd be surprised in a town so small if this kid wasn't related to a school administrator or someone on the police force...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Perhaps it's time some parents got together at the low level to push for reform in how this crap works. I've seen this institutional attitude since I was an 18yr old 'oreo' fresh into a Job Corp Center and learning living like nothing on the street quite prepared me for. This covering up and obfuscating to avoid ANYTHING hurting the image of the school,. district (or center) and people involved got kids hurt and at least one beat to death while I was at Clearfield. (Some here may know the JCC I'm talking about....where the 'wire' faces inward, not outward.)

I believe I mentioned this in a U2U I sent to you but I may as well add to the general chat with it. It's not your district of course, but my son saw a kid with a firearm quite awhile back. My son was handling, shooting and cleaning guns when he was old enough to MISHANDLE them otherwise. So he knows better than some adults, the difference between a toy and a live weapon. He'd better...he knows how to make the majority clear and safe.

In this case, he didn't tell us until the following day because of the "Snitches get stitches" attitudes and other ignorant garbage they deal with these days. Well, gee... a day late and a dollar short they said. Couldn't do a thing about it..and we heard through other parents that in fact, they DID NOT do a thing about it. I'll wonder what happened to the kid since he went elsewhere over the summer following the incident .....but the idea of even mentioning this to school police seemed to horrify them outright.

Well... I hope parents keep records BY NAME ...who makes light of a threat like this, should the worst happen and the threat turns real. Those in the system who could have but did not make a move to mitigate the threat should be prosecuted as accessories to the crime. Depraved indifference works for theory.

I KNOW..by SEEING IT...rapes happened at the JCC weekly which were not reported and some who pushed that were pushed OUT for it. It never seems to end..... Image above substance and money over children. Always.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

I know all too painfully well that a juvy record cannot be expunged or sealed in Florida.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Antar, I have another question...how old is your step daughter? In 2007 you said she was in 4th grade...this would put her in high school now...I know that it's a small farm town, but are High Schoolers and fifth graders riding together now, and sitting together? And are High School girls really that concerned by the actions of a 13 year old kid?

Sorry, my hackles are up, and I just spent an hour reading through your old threads...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Don't confront her directly about her fantasy here.

It is all made up. Make belief.

Big drama, no substance.

Star and flag her. lol.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join