It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Child threatened on bus today (Gun Violence)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ok so I do not have the full story yet, have no idea how the school plans to move forward with this but I needed to get some advice from members on how to deal with this issue tomorrow morning.

Here is what I just found out:

There is a 5th grader who rides on my step daughters bus. Yesterday he threatened my daughter with death if she told anyone that he plans to bring a gun to school and kill a bunch of people who have pissed him off.

He used his finger across his neck and pointed out the various people who ride the bus who are on his list. He then told my daughter that he knows where she lives and will kill her first if she tells anyone.

Anyway, that is the crutch of it, I tried to call the school to find out what has been done about this, and if the child has been removed, DFS called or what is planned to intervene. (school closed for the day, no answer)

I just found out, so what suggestions does everyone have for me on this? What questions should I be asking, what should I do?

I plan to take my kids to school in the morning and before I leave them there I want some answers!
edit on 31-1-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

CX
+29 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think i'd call the police, not take your kid to school in the morning, then the police and school can sort it out at your house.

If the kid has threatened to take a gun to school. i wouldn't take my kid there.

CX.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Um call your local police department, he could be planning it for tomorrow you never know. When some goes into that much detail they are pretty set on doing it. Do you really want to take the chance that tomorrow is the day and you daughter is going to be the first one to see him on the bus?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I was thinking along the same lines. I hate dealing with the police but you would think that they would have come and questioned my daughter today wouldn't you! I am just SICK right now, I feel like my blood is boiling and my head is swimming. I could literally throw up.

Thank you, your probably right, so why was she not questioned today? Did the school not even call the police, FBI, or other services like DFS?

I cant freaking believe this.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would also advise you not to take your daughter to school tomorrow. This boy is probably just messing with her, but.... you never know. If I were you, I would contact the school first thing in the morning, and talk directly with the principal if possible. Tell the principal that you want to know how he/she is going to address this before you let your children back into the school.

ETA: just saw the other posters, and I agree. Call the police department -- good idea.
edit on 31-1-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You wouldn't believe how many children make "hit-lists" in school nowadays, the school probably knows that the child has problems(regular in the office) and thinks he is harmless and that they can just talk to him when they have the time, exactly what they shouldnt be doing.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

I had her come here to my house today rather than home with her dad who is here today, I do not plan to send her home now, and especially not on the bus!, The kid told her he knows where she lives if she tells anyone, so... she is staying here with me, one eye open.

I am going to make a strong pot of coffee right now, if anyone has questions for her, she will be glad to answer as she is pretty freaked out over this.

CX

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by CX

I was thinking along the same lines. I hate dealing with the police but you would think that they would have come and questioned my daughter today wouldn't you! I am just SICK right now, I feel like my blood is boiling and my head is swimming. I could literally throw up.

Thank you, your probably right, so why was she not questioned today? Did the school not even call the police, FBI, or other services like DFS?

I cant freaking believe this.

You should phone the police, ask to speak to someone high up if that's possible, and say that if you get no response within one hour, you'll email the mayor and every person of authority until you get to The White House.....just so they know how seriously you took the advance warning of another possible school shooting.

I bet you'd get a response then.

CX.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
A 5th grader? I know caution is good, but damn. I don't know, let's not go overboard though. Do we really want to have SWAT raiding houses because a 5th grader ran their mouth? A bit torn here. Threats are serious business, but on the other hand it's a kid, who is not really capable of understanding the seriousness of the issue.

If it was me, I would personally try getting in touch with the parents before anything. If that was a dead end, then there is no choice but to escalate it to authorities.
edit on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:54:19 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I thought about taking them in as I said before, but you are probably right, I should call first and find out what action they have taken on the boy. he is 13 so, he obviously has had problems, held back and all.

When I read your reply I pictured walking them up to the school just in time to be involved in a shoot out!!!

OK, off to make a pot and settle down.

I am so very grateful to have this forum to discuss this with. It sucks being a loner, I am wondering if I should call other parents? I should not have to go this one alone.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Some good advice given to you so far by previous posters.
The boy is probably making idle threats to impress your daughter, but nonetheless , you should inform the School in the Morning, at the Least.
The School (unfortuneitly) probably has a Protocol in place for things like this.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm pretty positive there is a Zero Tolerance law that is nationwide for public schooling. This kid should have been promptly expelled from school. I would also notify the police.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Threats are serious business, but on the other hand it's a kid, who is not really capable of understanding the seriousness of the issue.

The kid has a list. In addition, he didn't just threaten her, he mentioned knowing where she lived...and he made a throat cut sign..?

He is already eligible for an ass kicking...make a call antar.
edit on 31-1-2013 by facelift because: content

link   
reply to post by antar

A lot would depend on the age of the boy and if he actually has access to a firearm. If you are getting nowhere with the school I would take it directly to the boy's parents. We had an incident with something similar when my youngest was still in school and I took it straight to the kid's mother. After a few choice words my daughter never had a problem with this boy again, and from what my daughter and other kids from the school bus told me the boy couldn't sit right for about a week.

link   
You can't just expect the school to deal with it, you have the information, call the police.

I don't understand why you seem so hesitant to call them.

CX

link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
A 5th grader? I know caution is good, but damn. I don't know, let's not go overboard though. Do we really want to have SWAT raiding houses because a 5th grader ran their mouth? A bit torn here. Threats are serious business, but on the other hand it's a kid, who is not really capable of understanding the seriousness of the issue.

If it was me, I would personally try getting in touch with the parents before anything. If that was a dead end, then there is no choice but to escalate it to authorities.
edit on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:54:19 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

What age is a fifth grader in the US?

Not that it makes a difference, if a stern warning from the police is what is needed to show that joking about a school shooting is no laughing matter, then so be it.

The parents, if they are good ones, would do the same i expect and hopefully understand.

CX.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

First of all I would take this threat very seriously. Secondly...do not send your children to school until and unless this issue is resolved and you have proof that it has been.

It is better to have your children miss some days of school than end up injured or dead.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Just try and find some way to home school your child.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0
Just try and find some way to home school your child.
While this seems to be the Go To Response.
Real Life Dictates for most, this is a Pipe Dream.

Another example also , is what if you are Bullied at work, you gonna quit your job and work from home?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join