It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM..media coverage of crimes and incidents is overcovered just to push their laws through quicker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Is it just me or is the mainstream media over-covering the gun control/gun violence crimes latley. ever since all these new bills were proposed, theres been more reported gun violence in MSM reports.

They have done this everytime bills/laws are trying to be passed, all of a sudden they swing a whole load of biased stories towards the agenda of passing said laws and bills.They prey on the sheeple to eat up their stories, to push these bills/laws through without the checks and balances being implemented. Pretty much Scare bills into laws, rather then vote them in which could take actual time, and may not be as effective for the agenda since some people may oppose these bills

Does anyone have any other examples of this type of behavior by TPTB to push a particular perspective?
If so feel free to post them here.
-DB

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
i think the term i should use is they fearmonger people into voting for what theyre pushing. But i myself dont worry about this because i dont buy what theyre selling.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I was thinking of this exact scenario. I couldn't really think of a way to articulate or endorse conversation. You did great!
It's like ATS. A thread pops up with popularity to it, then gets 5 or 6 spin off threads, same or similarly targeted.

In the United States, your MSM goes with what is popular. Publish any story related. What the sheeple read, comment on the most. I don't even know if they are doing it to assist pushing some government agenda. The MSM are manipulated by greed, which goes hand and hand, with any suspected government agenda.

Taser usage last year, for one.
Or "Bath Salt" attacks,
etc..

But yeah.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

I was just thinking about that yesterday. All you hear about is gun crimes. You never hear of the knifing and the assault and battery. The corrupt cop in uniform that rapes a girl...oh! yeah we heard of that one. But that was only one of many offenses perpetrated by officers of the law. The MSM is the tool of choice. It always was and always will be. Well... until people wake up and trow away this chloroform soaked rag that is mass media.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Heloooo Captain Obvious!

You'd have to be either an idiot or braindead to have not noticed the level of MSM propaganda against guns since Sandy Hook. Every small level shooting that happens in cities every day is now fodder for the national news.

Its pathetic.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
To me it's all about ratings and $$$.

They'll beat on the dead horse until the next "Monster of the Week" comes along. Then they'll beat that horse to death.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

THE conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.
We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society.
Our invisible governors are, in many cases, unaware of the identity of their fellow members in the inner cabinet.

Edward Bernays

Source

This is one of the masters on the topic of manipulating the masses......

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
My friend's step father, who happens to be a lawyer, said something to me during a dinner that fits really well:

When you watch the news, you have to ask yourself one particular question: What are they trying to sell you?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
News organisations are one in the same as political parties. They go hand in hand though money is seldomly exchanged air time and fcc regulations are. Fox news is the bull horn for the gop as msnbc is for the democrats with cnn sitting on the fence to play which ever side suits them best. Journalism died many years ago as it was stifling to our shady government and risked exposing to many things that were deemed to risky to see the light of day. There has been a war for our minds and hearts for as long as I can remember with exellent results for those who were willing to pay. Ill be spinning off this thread with a new topic soon as I have had an ingenious idea.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Heloooo Captain Obvious!

You'd have to be either an idiot or braindead to have not noticed the level of MSM propaganda against guns since Sandy Hook. Every small level shooting that happens in cities every day is now fodder for the national news.

Its pathetic.

Show some respect. people like you are a disgrace to ATS. Shame on you, hell you probably even believed you were being clever. The OP didn't deserve your name calling. All he did was presented an idea, hoping to see our opinions.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Greta point!!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I find it hilarious that you chose to say after sandy hook. theyve been doing it for muuuuch longer than that. and p.s. i enjoy your critique. maybe next time you can add something constructive? not to mention it not just about guns and sandy hook, its also about how they push what they want on you and the people eating it up.

edit on 31-1-2013 by dirtybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

i appreciate your level of realness.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Actually, there might be many reason other then trying to push the law quicker...

First thing that comes to mind is ummm RATINGS!... they are competing with other news channels, and the latest trend supposedly the gun control... so if Channel A talks about Gun and Channel B talks about Gun, you think Channel C talking about Ice Cream is going to get much views?

If you remember early 2012, when the news were talking about people eating people, possible zombie out break, heck ATS was flaring with 3-4 topics everyday... what agenda or "pushing the law" was behind that?

News are looking for ratings, of course, they do indirectly(sometimes directly, Katrina, Middle east) play a role in pushing an agenda.
edit on 1/31/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This thread was also started to see if others have any other type of stories, or instances where they have seen this type of behavior by tptb and msm and what types of topics they were pushing, and how they presented their material. What where the commercials/ads like during this? Are they connected? Maybe used to boost opinion?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Well duh! Look at how we went to war in first Iraq and then Afghanistan and we got the ever increasing in power Department of Homeland Security along with their manhandling TSA cohorts after the MSM harped on 24/7 after 9/11. Don't you think the government controlled MSM had something to do with the pressure the public started putting on politicians to hurry up and push through a lot of legislation that has curtailed so much of our freedom? The media programmed the sheep to beg for them to start taking away our freedom, all in the name of safety, and now that the sheep want them to stop it's too late- the shepherds already have them penned in for slaughter!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

Do tell do tell

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
since this thread is still open id like to say, not just to push their laws, but their ideaology. its rather sickening and now we have this boston crap goin on, where do they draw the line? clearly they arent worried about our lives as long as the wheel keeps turning

new topics

top topics

join