It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City attacks guns then complains about losing gun range perks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Oh the irony!!

The Burlington, VT city council got put in its place this week. This is RICH!

The town hall was packed. The City Council had proposed a ban on assault weapons in the city. The crowd was overwhelmingly dominated by vocal Second Amendment supporters who opposed the ban.

The City Council ignored them. It voted 10-3 in favor of the ban.

In response, a local gun range that previously supported the city by allowing police officers to train at its facility decided to stop catering to the city.

The club’s executive board “can no longer support the City of Burlington with such a prejudice against our club and its members, and has voted to suspend the City’s use of our range for its law enforcement. This action is effective immediately,” [board chairman Robert] Boivin wrote in the letter.
link

Kudos to you, Robert!! The all-powerful, self-absorbed ruling class wants the free market to provide them with perks and privileges while simultaneously limiting the freedoms of American citizens. They want to deny us our constitutional rights yet they still expect us to cater to them??

This should serve as a lesson to politicians who get too big for their own britches! You work for us, scum; not the other way around!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
"I want my big gun"
- You can't have it.
"BAWWWWWWWWWWW!"

Gun owners: Baby wants his bottle.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

You – “Mr. Politician, please protect me from myself and my neighbors.”

Politician – “Gladly, serf. Turn over your guns to us and we’ll protect you.”

You – “Yes sir. Is there anything else I can do for you, your honor?”

Politician - "Yes, open your business to me and my friends and give us anything we want for free."

You - "Gladly, your honor! Anything for you, oh great one."

edit on 30-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Decisions have consequences and we ALL reap what we sow. When the cities sow division and pass laws against the vocal opposition of so many who take the time and trouble to show up and make their voices heard so clearly? Well... Reap it.

I'd like to think this would teach that city a lesson in listening to the people they're supposed to be representing ABOVE their own PERSONAL ideas of what is a good idea...but I'm sure it won't. I hope to see new faces in every seat when elections come to remove them to a person.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
"I want my big gun"
- You can't have it.
"BAWWWWWWWWWWW!"

Gun owners: Baby wants his bottle.

You are a joke. How does this comment even add anything to this thread? Seriously? Trolling for stars, as usual.

Anyways, on topic, I think this is great and hopefully more people and establishments follow this kind of lead.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

Anyways, on topic, I think this is great and hopefully more people and establishments follow this kind of lead.

In a recent thread by TrueAmerican, another city councilman recently tried to abridge the rights of a law abiding American. That time, the majority of the council understood their oath and shot it down.

Politicians had better get the memo that they work for us or there will be a lot of turn-over in the coming elections, especially on the local level and especially when it comes to constitutional rights.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yah! now go use our tax money to build yourself a top of the line private state owned gun range that is 10x better then ours that only you can use.

Good on them, these GOV officials need to remember that they are part of the community also, we need to start giving them a taste of their own medicine make them hate living where they serve, kick them out of restaurants. Deny them service in private business's. If you are their waiter, pee in their soup, act as if you are tyler durden. WWTDD (what would tyler durden do)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
For the children?

We can see who is carrying the political talking points from the admin what they should have done is recalled the council members.
edit on 30-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This response from business owners in VT should be replicated around the country in states and cities who wish to abridge our rights. After the actions in NY last week, the citizens there need to follow this lead.

I must say, it is refreshing to see people take a stand against tyranny (even a small one). Stories like this give me renewed hope that we will get through these times with some semblance of freedom intact.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I saw that thread, the councilmen didn't get his way so he pouted like a child and walked off. Good riddance. I'm not American, I'm Canadian so I know I don't have much of a say in the matter, but I think the constitution was made for a reason and should be honoured.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

Well, you certainly don't have to be American to know that elected officials are supposed to represent the people who elected them rather than their own personal interests. Unfortunately, that reality escapes many of these politicians. Sometimes they need a reality check, even if it makes them pout.

Thanks for the response.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You are absolutely right, but the fact is most politicians aren't in politics to make "your" world better, only theirs, and their friends. The word greed comes to mind. It's sad, really.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by DaTroof

You – “Mr. Politician, please protect me from myself and my neighbors.”

Politician – “Gladly, serf. Turn over your guns to us and we’ll protect you.”

You – “Yes sir. Is there anything else I can do for you, your honor?”

Politician - "Yes, open your business to me and my friends and give us anything we want for free."

You - "Gladly, your honor! Anything for you, oh great one."

You - Is there anything else my grace?

Politician - Yes, give me your children so I may enlist them to enforce my law, fight my wars, and protect my well being.

Sorry, you forgot the most important one.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I was wondering how long it would be before gun manufacturers stopped selling to the government. Imagine if no one would sell bullets to cities and states for law enforcement.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
I was wondering how long it would be before gun manufacturers stopped selling to the government. Imagine if no one would sell bullets to cities and states for law enforcement.

Companies really CAN stop providing products (like guns and ammo) and services to the federal government in a free market if they want to. This is exactly why it is so important to the government to keep the CEO’s of major corporations on a tight leash. The government technically can’t own the means of production under our current laws but if they keep the CEO’s on a tight leash they basically do just that, don’t they? The government DOES control production through crony capitalism, so we'll never see companies put the squeeze on the fed.

Crony Capitalism = Greed before country....on both ends (the government and big business)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Clear all these bums out.......

Period!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

This has been the result in central Texas; although the cause is market forces rather than policy.

The run on ammo (particularly specialized "military style" ammo) has meant that Swat teams and tactical types cannot buy supplies---the stores are "out of stock."

I have heard workers at ammo retailer complain (while I was standing in line by the empty shelves) that the ATF is threatening to not allow manufacturers to ship across state lines for the time being. No dealer wants to get a big shipment in, because if it is confiscated they will lose all the money tied up in it.

That was several weeks ago, when the run on stores was peaking in TX (January 10 or so). I haven't been back to a store because I have all the ammo I need now. At least wife says so.

Army surplus ammo cannister makes a fine ottoman; it's just too heavy to move by yourself.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

"I was wondering how long it would be before gun manufacturers stopped selling to the government. Imagine if no one would sell bullets to cities and states for law enforcement."

oh they got that covered. just contact the druglords weve been selling guns back too. im sure they have plenty of our ammo and guns to sell back, just ask eric holder.
edit on 31-1-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets again

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The for guns is on

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Great thread. This needs to happen over & over till they get the message. I live in N.C. & I know that the same thing goes on around here with gun ranges & police/sheriff depts. So this must be a "semi normal" thing between police depts and gun ranges that open in or near their cities.

I know the some of the ranges Ive been to were owned by ex-law enforcment folks. But this is a little bigger than it seems. Gun range owners acoss the nation need to follow this tact. Here in N.C. if you can get atleast 150 yards away from any home in the county you can shoot. So I went and built my own range, what a damn $$$ saver it was.

But the sheriffs dept came out and checked it any ways. How funny that was, two deputies were with me shooting at my range & two of their fellow deputies came because " they got a call". And yes they actually measured the distance from the rear of my home to the range.

Now every other saturday, I have about three to four sheriff's deputies & their kids come out and use my back yard range. I charge them $ 5 bucks a person, in turn a portion of that goes to our local suicide prevention org. It's actually a donation vs a outright charge. I like the fact I have LE friends that have the very same mindset as me. It can't hurt to have LE friends. On a side note, the only reason I am friends with any of them is the fact that one of the deputies was the first responder to an home invasion I was involved in a few years ago. He & I have been good friends since that night and the ensuing days after that night.

All I can say is that he was there for me after the incident. Helped me get the right people to talk with as taking a life will take a toll on your mental state . Sorry I sort of got long winded in your thread. S& F good sir.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join