It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

service men and women will fire upon civilians if ordered

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I'm not misinformed. The government has said that it was a lie.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by LennayTheUndead

If you don't like the answer, don't ask questions...

Funny, I don't recall asking you a question...

If you haven't realized yet, this is a forum where you can place your thoughts and ideas and have people question them. Or you can question others. It goes both ways. When you place your thought/idea on a public internet forum, you are opening yourself up to questions. Sorry, I didn't realize you were new to the internet. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead

If you don't like the answer, don't ask questions...

Funny, I don't recall asking you a question...

If you haven't realized yet, this is a forum where you can place your thoughts and ideas and have people question them. Or you can question others. It goes both ways. When you place your thought/idea on a public internet forum, you are opening yourself up to questions. Sorry, I didn't realize you were new to the internet. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

I didn't ASK you a question....I'm not exactly sure what your point is with either of your last two posts....you have an opinion, I think it's abhorrently wrong...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

The government? which government and in what context.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Again, I'm not saying you personally are a bad guy. Just that they are there..some are even hiding as your friend. I think it is very commendable that you saved that child! I wish I could shake your hand.

For every one of you, though, you have to admit there is the polar opposite. The US entered Iraq because of the WMD that didn't exist. It was a lie. You could go in anywhere and have excuses for it, but, Iraq was justified using a lie at the time.

WMD was just a part of it--a part that every member of our government and every other coalition government believed--but it was only a part of it: denial of UN inspectors, violations of the no-fly zone, continued genocide against the Kurds were all violations of the cease fire and all violation of hte cease fire and all legal reasons to resume hostilities.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Again, I'm not saying you personally are a bad guy. Just that they are there..some are even hiding as your friend. I think it is very commendable that you saved that child! I wish I could shake your hand.

For every one of you, though, you have to admit there is the polar opposite. The US entered Iraq because of the WMD that didn't exist. It was a lie. You could go in anywhere and have excuses for it, but, Iraq was justified using a lie at the time.

As for a polar opposite? YEs there are jerks in teh US military, just as there are in any organization.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HamsterWarrior

I am not in the position to argue with you, and I thank you for your service, but can you explain Katrina? Were they following lawful orders? The other thing is I don't think civilians want to fire on service men but when they come pounding on your door to take your guns how is there any other way to stop them from forcefully taking them? There will be no negotiating with them, and it will be unlawful no matter what the politicians say!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
reply to post by HamsterWarrior

I am not in the position to argue with you, and I thank you for your service, but can you explain Katrina? Were they following lawful orders? The other thing is I don't think civilians want to fire on service men but when they come pounding on your door to take your guns how is there any other way to stop them from forcefully taking them? There will be no negotiating with them, and it will be unlawful no matter what the politicians say!

Katrina was what? A sampling of about 5 percent of our armed forces? Weak argument. And service men won't be pounding on anyone's doors to take weapons away. You guys are talking about something that will not happen.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I realize that it was a small portion of out troops but it is a good example of following orders. There were some of the men who even on camera stated that they realized that it was not right, but still did it anyway. Now when or if that happens again and they get shot at because it is unlawful, are you saying that they will just say oops guess we will just leave him alone? I think they will start turning the house into swiss cheese.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

From Bush and Blair:

The mission was to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction, to end Saddam Hussein's support for terrorism, and to free the Iraqi people."

In 2005, the Central Intelligence Agency released a report saying that no weapons of mass destruction had been found in Iraq.

As far as the Kurdish people go, what was done to them was horrible. That's why it's so surprising that the US supports Israel. If they didn't you would have Palestinians dancing in the street as well.

Also, if they are so against genocide and that was a contributing factor, where were they during the Bosnian War?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Jerks with guns and highly skilled training.

It is what it is though. You said it already. We can argue back and forth, but, it is all hypothetical. I pray it stays that way.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

reply to post by NavyDoc

The government? which government and in what context.

The CIA said there were no WMD found in Iraq.

According to Blair, the trigger was Iraq's failure to take a "final opportunity" to disarm itself of alleged nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons that U.S. and British officials called an immediate and intolerable threat to world peace.

How can you disarm ALLEGED weapons?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

...and you are entitled to be wrong about it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

We gave them to him: archive.newsmax.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

lol, or this could be a made up report to implicate Syria, Lebanon, and Russia to later make them look like the bad guys.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

All I'm sayiing is that when the time comes I expect the military and police agencies to attack the civilian populace but at that time we will not be civilians by decree.

I absolutely agree. The military will attack the populace if ordered to. The proof is that they attack the populace now. It may be the populace of other countries, and much of that populace is civilian.

It matters not which country you go to.. to kill people. You are still killing. It matters not which nationality of people you kill, they are still people. If you kill elsewhere with little or no compunction, you will not be adverse to $hitting in your own nest so to speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join