It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook petition to stop people saying it’s a hoax…

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

Originally posted by whatsecret

Originally posted by Grimpachi
The petitions are a joke the responses for the ones I signed have been worthless. I don't care what people sign people are just using this to sound off.

This is the one petition that they will gladly do what it asks.

Well....they can't.

They can and they will one way or another. Cyber "Pearl Harbor" ring a bell?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I find it absolutely horrifying. Although not surprising. Which only adds to it's negative emotional effect in the end. Honestly the only thing left is to just laugh as the maddness of other people's choices darken any possible future of an enlightened populous.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Petitions are useless.. specifically when they involve idiocy like this.. and the death star ( yeah yeah, it a cool idea, but get real). Its a form to get people thinking they have a voice and are special.. as if they are doing something as they sit on their asses.
"granddaddy, what did you do in the early 2000's when the republic was falling?"
" I sat on my ass and signed an online petition. Im a hero!"

**grumble grumble.. too much for my grumpy mind this BS.. bah.. **

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Who cares? This isn't going to accomplish anything.,

And ATS already censored what you can and cannot talk about with Sandy Hook.... so kind of the wrong place to cry about people wanting to silence a certain group of people.
edit on 29-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

ATS is a privately owned organization and they can do whatever they want as far as I know. Also ATS does not censor any other website, so you are free to go anywhere you want and talk about anything you want.

This petitions is asking the White House to censor all websites that push the "fake, everything is fate" theory. Do you see the difference?
edit on 29-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Hmmmm....NO!!
I invoke my 1A to speak all I want as long as I do not violate someone else's rights.
I back this up with my2A.

...Besides, all of the petitions in the world can be signed and cried about, I don't care.
I didn't get my damn death star and quite a bit of us signed that petition to no avail, screw the rest of the fake petitions...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Petitions are useless.. specifically when they involve idiocy like this.. and the death star ( yeah yeah, it a cool idea, but get real). Its a form to get people thinking they have a voice and are special.. as if they are doing something as they sit on their asses.
"granddaddy, what did you do in the early 2000's when the republic was falling?"

I agree with you that these petitions are useless, but the government already want to do exactly what the petition is asking. So this one should be taken seriously in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

That's a thought. But I'm thinking that if it's out in the public, it's not true federal, if you get my meaning. Never tip your hand and all that.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Hmmmm....NO!!
I invoke my 1A to speak all I want as long as I do not violate someone else's rights.
I back this up with my2A.

...Besides, all of the petitions in the world can be signed and cried about, I don't care.
I didn't get my damn death star and quite a bit of us signed that petition to no avail, screw the rest of the fake petitions...

This death star BS could be part of the plan.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I might get flamed for this, but...

Can 25,000 people, including numerous residents who were actually present during the event, be wrong? I mean, that's a lot of liars. At that rate, forget the Congress. You can't even trust the citizens.

If you are going to make accusations at this level, be sure to consider ALL the implications.

Kind of an irrelevant point.

If you support silencing free speech, then you're essentially on the same level as bible-thumpers who want evolution removed from school textbooks. You want to silence people who think differently than you do. No two ways about it.

What's more absurd about this whole hubbub over the "Sandy Hook Hoax", is that when you remove all the rhetoric and bla bla bla - what we are talking about is hurt feelings. People are seriously considering crippling a constitutional amendment because we don't want to hurt people's feelings.

Putting aside the fact that this stance is so hypocritical that it is almost comical, what's more important is the principle.

Hurt feelings suck, but it's a part of life. It's like making the n-word illegal because it might hurt a black person's feelings. I myself think it's a pretty deplorable word, but I certainly stand by the right of any ignorant person to say what the hell he likes.

Because the last time I checked we were supposed to be a free country.

Then again, I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

Originally posted by Advantage

I agree with you that these petitions are useless, but the government already want to do exactly what the petition is asking. So this one should be taken seriously in my opinion.

Of course theyre going to do what they want.. with or without petitions. The petitions are to pacify.. to fool fools into thinking they have a voice or any influence on government. Kind of like my local town hall meetings with the citizens where we get a whopping 60 seconds to speak.. and they never listen. Its an exercise in futility. The ONLY true recourse you have is a preemptive strike on a stupid legislation or to crush it once its pushed through against the public's will... or is unconstitutional. Easier to do on a city/county level... but even this is a David VS Goliath situation... and petitions arent going to do a damned thing.. specifically when they are farcical as most of the petitions are. The idiot petitions make a mockery of the actual petition process that once meant something.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BrandonD

Because the last time I checked we were supposed to be a free country. Then again, I could be wrong.

We are a free country, TPTB along with their propaganda machine have us believing that we are not.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

From where I'm sitting, that entire post was made with the assumption that the Sandy Hook hoax-thumpers aren't completely full of it. I'm not supporting the repression of the 1st amendment. I'm supporting the possibility that 25,000 signatures isn't something you just shake a stick at. You sit down, and you listen. From the looks of it, the hoaxers aren't willing to do that, but I think it might be a nice idea to take the whole conspiracy thing down a notch. No one complains about church service, but they do complain when the clergy knocks on their door at 6 in the morning. That's not too far from what the hoaxers are doing, and really, none of them has enough evidence to justify the persecution of every single citizen involved in Newtown.

That's the point I'm making here. Not silence. Civility. Chances are that this petition will sink in the barrel just like every other petition before it, but it's a gesture of desperation. Not from the government. From the citizens.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Aside from Witness2008 who I think was trying to point this out earlier, I really hope other people understand that regarless of the number of signatures on whatever petition, it means absolutly nothing toward anyone's Freedom of Speech. It is a Right. Period. Constitutionally Protected, but Granted automatically at birth to each of us. Accept It. Embrace It.

Please, try and Grok the Implications of what Our Rights as People really mean!! Double edged as it may be sometimes, the Right of Free Speech is as nessassary as the Air we Breath.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

And so should we.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Sorry but I only needed to read the first page to see that no one gets what this petition is about.. MHO - Regardless of my belief in what happened, how, when or where.. I do believe that individuals take it too far when they go on a "memorial page" and speak their mind about how it's a "hoax".... Regardless, I see this as harassment and just as bad as Westboro Baptist Church........Respect and Decorum where is it these days....Come on People!!! There is a time and place for everything and a memorial page isn't one of them.....

Nuff Said -

edit on 29-1-2013 by hdchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
For those that are so worked up over it you should start a petition to stop petitions like that. Then you can be a full blown hypocrite.

Somehow the whole thing seems circular. Complaining about others views on others views.

It is there right to say their piece. It isn’t like those things mean anything anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

From where I'm sitting, that entire post was made with the assumption that the Sandy Hook hoax-thumpers aren't completely full of it. I'm not supporting the repression of the 1st amendment. I'm supporting the possibility that 25,000 signatures isn't something you just shake a stick at.

I am absolutely certain that I can find FAR more than 25,000 people who'd be willing to sign a petition making prayer mandatory in school. Should we go ahead and do that?

In a free society just because you think something doesn't mean the "opposition" aren't allowed to voice their opinion.

Despite what you think, there are actually genuine and sincere people who think differently than you. I promise that they're not all just trying to piss you off.

The whole point of this thread is suppressing free speech, and I'm saying that there is no good argument for restricting free speech with regard to this subject.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Almost everything we have been told about Sandy Hook was a blatant falsehood. It is the single biggest slap in the face to American citizens since 9/11 and just as egregious. People can petition all they wan't, you still can not stifle free speech in this country, no matter how "offensive" others may find it when it does not classify as a hate crime, at least not yet.

You don't want people to talk about Sandy Hook being a hoax? How about you start petitioning local law enforcement and your state congressmen to start telling the truth about what happened and start presenting real facts that make actual sense. It's not just the media to blame, it's far from it. Those involved in the investigation and cover up of the farce are the ones who should be petitioned.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrandonD

From where I'm sitting, that entire post was made with the assumption that the Sandy Hook hoax-thumpers aren't completely full of it. I'm not supporting the repression of the 1st amendment. I'm supporting the possibility that 25,000 signatures isn't something you just shake a stick at.

I am absolutely certain that I can find FAR more than 25,000 people who'd be willing to sign a petition making prayer mandatory in school. Should we go ahead and do that?

In a free society just because you think something doesn't mean the "opposition" aren't allowed to voice their opinion.

Despite what you think, there are actually genuine and sincere people who think differently than you. I promise that they're not all just trying to piss you off.

The whole point of this thread is suppressing free speech, and I'm saying that there is no good argument for restricting free speech with regard to this subject.

Some, incredibly enough, believe that mob rule is how we are supposed to operate in the US and what makes sense.. go figure. I see them on here constantly stamping their feet when met with an opposing view.....petulant children... theyd LOVE it if the government would make their way the only way.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Wow some people just don't get it and probably never will. Do I really have to list all of the unconstitutional laws, rules, regulations that we allowed? Don't you see that this petition was started at the time when the government is trying to sneak in all kinds of laws that would censor the internet? SOPA?

Go sign that petition nothing is going to happen anyway like the death star right? There's one big difference between the stupid death star and this petitions, They really, really, really want to censor the internet and now they even got us asking for it. It's like a dream come true for them.

You can't force people to be civil, but you can ignore them.... No need for new laws to do it. Freedom only works if it's for everyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It's not as bad as you think. The number one Youtube video about Sandy Hook being a hoax has had more than 13 million views in the last 3 weeks. Those people are not all "conspiracy theorists" and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there is something VERY wrong with this whole story and the way it's being handled.

25 thousand people signing a petition to stop freedom of speech about Sandy Hook (maybe) compared to say, 10 million that think it's a bogus story at least on some level and want real answers. Of course what suites this administration like others in the past is the skewing of numbers so they can say, the "majority" of Americans want this or want that when in fact, the reality couldn't be further from the truth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join