It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook petition to stop people saying it’s a hoax…

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Oh boy, Why do I have a feeling that if the goal of 25,000 signatures needed by February 09, 2013 be reached, This particular petition will be successful?

Please people be careful what you wish for. There's only one thing that the White House want more than making free speech illegal, and that's to make guns illegal. The 83 people that signed the petition must realize that they are asking the government to lock down one place where you may still find some truths. The Internet. If we give it to them we will never get it back.

[Mod Edit--Removed Petition Link]

[Mod Edit--Removed external content as the link to such content violatated Terms & Conditions.]

edit on 1/29/2013 by tothetenthpower because: i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on 1/29/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I might get flamed for this, but...

Can 25,000 people, including numerous residents who were actually present during the event, be wrong? I mean, that's a lot of liars. At that rate, forget the Congress. You can't even trust the citizens.

If you are going to make accusations at this level, be sure to consider ALL the implications.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'll be surprised if this thread is allowed to exist for long.

Normally I would say, the more the government wants to squelch something, the more you know they have to hide. You could say this, in and of itself, is a government op to shut people up. But I'd say it's just some folks who are offended. Nevertheless, it is an attack on free speech. And it must be treated as such.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I might get flamed for this, but...

Can 25,000 people, including numerous residents who were actually present during the event, be wrong? I mean, that's a lot of liars. At that rate, forget the Congress. You can't even trust the citizens.

If you are going to make accusations at this level, be sure to consider ALL the implications.

You mean can 25,000 people be wrong by believing what they are told? or you mean that 25,000 people that would signs this petition are part of an investigation and have all the facts in the case be wrong?

My opinion is that yes people can be wrong. But that's not the issue here. We are now asking the government to take away our rights. I mean everyone's rights. And that is absolutely wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I'll be surprised if this thread is allowed to exist for long.

I started this thread to discuss the petition not the incident itself.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Why isn't anyone asking to ban websites that ask for our freedoms to be taken away then.?

Look everyone knows that almost anything that could have a conspiracy behind it will have a conspiracy behind it. It doesn't mean it actually was a lie just that well "who really knows". The Sandy Hook conspiracy theorists would have a lot less to wonder about if someone would answer the most important questions honestly ie..

Why is their video of the rifle in the back of the car?

Where did the second shooter go? (I was watching the news early on when they announced a second shoooter then all the sudden he was gone)?

Those are my two biggest questions, if those got answered honestly the whole conspiracy could end (at least in my eyes).

People are bat# crazy with these petitions lately. What's next we petition someone to be strung up and hung because we don't like what they have to say? Now they want my right to speech taken away along with my right to own a gun, which I currently dont but goddamn them for taking my right to have one someday away from me. I am so sick and tired of these stupid whiny brats getting their ways, telling us what we can and can't say and do. They get to say and do whatever while us good Americans are getting our mouths gagged and washed out with soap and told to be "good little boys and girls".

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with it. But you can bet staff will be watching it closely.

On topic: I don't think this petition is going to accomplish what these people want. Just more fuel for the fire, and division among the populace.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

What a disguising display of sheepledom (that's a new seabag-ism). I'm amazed at how many complete morons we have in this country ready and eager to give up freedom. First the right to keep and bear arms, now freedom of speech.

I might start a petition to make it illegal to be a moron. It's time dumb people get punished for their actions that hurt the rest of us.

edit on 29-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I don't buy into any conspiracy when it comes to Sandy Hook and I still wouldn't sign this petition.
People should be free to believe what they want.
If you think there is a conspiracy then I respect that. All we can do is agree to disagree.

I don't ever want to be held accountable for a belief. Next we start drowning people and burn them at the stake.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
That is like saying, here take my first amendment rights...please.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

Those are my two biggest questions, if those got answered honestly the whole conspiracy could end (at least in my eyes).

Perhaps if these questions be answered a lot of people will indeed accept it and move on, but you and I both know that there still will be a lot of people claiming that the government is lying. And there's a very good reason for that. Government lies all the time.

I am offended by this petition because I know that if they get what they are asking for it will effect me personally.

I disagree with the people that say it was a hoax and that's why I just do not go to the websites where this is being actively pushed.

DO NOT ask the Government to take away my freedom to choose what I want to read on the internet !
edit on 29-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

I don't have a problem with it. But you can bet staff will be watching it closely.

On topic: I don't think this petition is going to accomplish what these people want. Just more fuel for the fire, and division among the populace.

Staff is watching every thread. I have no problem with it. It's their website.

I hope you are right and the petition will fail, but we need to remember that California residents "voted" against GMO labeling food products. That speaks for itself.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I might start a petition to make it illegal to be a moron. It's time dumb people get punished for their actions that hurt the rest of us.

Where do I sign?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The petitions are a joke the responses for the ones I signed have been worthless. I don't care what people sign people are just using this to sound off.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing this info to the attention of ATS. S&F
This petition is frightening. I can hardly believe that people want to mute others who think outside of box and have critical thinking skills.
I do hope they realize the damage that they're doing.
Where's the petition to Save the Independent Thinker before we're muffled completely?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Does anyone find it a bit disconcerting that an American citizen would think that a petition could eliminate our first amendment rights? Absolutely pathetic.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
The petitions are a joke the responses for the ones I signed have been worthless. I don't care what people sign people are just using this to sound off.

This is the one petition that they will gladly do what it asks.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

Originally posted by Grimpachi

This is the one petition that they will gladly do what it asks.

Well....they can't.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Exactly. It's just a show of hands. You can count them, but that doesn't mean you're actually going to listen. Just to emphasize the value of these petitions, you can easily register four or five different names just for yourself. With that kind of margin, there's no reason for anyone to take it seriously.

Like that Westboro Baptist Church hate group petition. Whatever happened with that one? Minimum of 25,000 signatures required, and they got over 200,000!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Who cares? This isn't going to accomplish anything.,

And ATS already censored what you can and cannot talk about with Sandy Hook.... so kind of the wrong place to cry about people wanting to silence a certain group of people.
edit on 29-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join