It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the skeptics: What would it take to make you believe in alien visitation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

try the Oxford dictionary perhaps?

Typical, speaks of knowledge but cannot display it _javascript:icon('
')

My first UFO appeared directly in front of me, as though it was purposeful. Since then I have seen around 7 other unexplainable ariel phenomena.

How is this knowledge then when you call your first a UFO and the other 7 unexplainable?

Knowledge of something once you witness it does not become unexplainable or unidentifiable actually the opposite,

I am confused with the logic some posses

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I believe its the experience of it, and not just a random light they could put down to something, but something that would respond to them and be unmistakable, though they'd still never be able to capture it for proof for others.

But I believe they are experiencing checkups and don't remember.

Things that would help, rewire their brains a bit to give more access to their right hemisphere might be useful for some.

Watercolor or painting, even making your own poster paints out of koolaid and food coloring, if your really into non toxic or simple. And being not too rigid in the painting, sort of flexible, sort of abstract, doing studies in colors. Using different mediums and more experimental.

Music!

Tai Chi, or qiqong, and becoming water.

Be Water My Friend! - Bruce Lee Remix

A Poisoned World ~ Why The illuminati killed Bruce Lee
edit on 29-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sorry, but I will retain my skepticism on alien visitations until I have seen something to make me question it. That does not mean I don't think there is other life out there somewhere, because I do. I simply don't have any reason to think that a life form from outer space has any more ability to find and visit Earth than we do of finding and visiting another planet with life.

I remain open to the thought that I am wrong, but I've not seen anything in 42 years of life to change my belief that we are not being visited.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sorry, need to add another one.

Each has its own charm, and there is something akin to activation in each. I like the ones that have the Neo/Matrix association too, but the other is like meditation.

This really has to do with being water, zen, or questioning the world around you more and I would also add something in that, duality school/tests, what we're win, surrounded by so much negativity, its not really the best thing to stand out there and say, "Prove yourself to me!" without protection, like having the right heart and intention. Feeling them, the connection, feeling waves of recognition and joy under the stars, and just beaming happiness, and being grateful for those watching over and doing some soul searches, wanting to improve ourselves, our flaws, and help others. That is the right intent and heart. In order to be more aware, we realize we're not aware, so its a journey and thus, "empty your mind, be water" is such a powerful and simple expression of the journey.

Free Your Mind From the illuminati

That and of course there is a huge suppression from on high regarding ufology so some are only pretending to be skeptics. Being a skeptic is healthy, selling out is not.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou

Originally posted by interupt42
physical evidence. disclosure. clear video. personal experience. .all the things we dont have.

You mean like the material recovered from Roswell in '47? Or the hundreds of Military Personel who have testified? Or the real videos and photos out there? NASA Images perhaps? Or maybe even millions of personal accounts?

The proofs in the open for all to see - and yet the skeptics still deny - as is in their nature.
edit on 29-1-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

You obviously did not read the OP. I've seen things in the sky too but, that is by no means any proof of aliens.
I even have a thread on ATS about one of the best ones I've ever seen and it was seen by multiple witnesses.
Still not proof of aliens. I still have a hard time believing until they land, get out, kill me, communicate to me, or take me away. Thats providing they dont kill me before communicating to me.

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

I do post about my experiences, but there is no way anyone can step into my shoes and experience the sighting or contact as I did, so everyone is left to their own questions and their own interpretation of reality. And thats true for ufo experiencers, and unusual events and victims of crimes or even the one on trial who may be innocent, but gets sentenced, these are things that are subjective and impossible to prove to another.

In my own sightings, there were some way up high, the kind you could speculate, what is that? And then were some way down low, and in both cases, contact. The sightings often shared by others, and investigated by black choppers and other crafts in some cases.

You have to question and prove some things to yourself, and in some cases in life if things are going good and you don't have that inner push to seek, but you're working on problems in your life just fine and being kind others, why bother, if it was a prerequisite for earth life, everyone would be receiving sitings and contact.

Maybe some of us are more lame than the rest and needed the extra kicks in the butt.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
Absolute undeniable proof. Lots of it.
Right now I know they haven't because any entity capable of crossing both time and space to get here would know that Earth does not keep any of it's wisdom, treasure, or beauty in the anal orifice of a redneck.

If they're alien then how do we know what their concept of aesthetics is?

Maybe they just have a taste for crispy fried butt?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IBelieveInAliens

In a word: nothing.
Not because I don't believe such a thing is possible - I do - but because there is no way of KNOWING, for sure, what is it that you're looking at.
Even if the visitors' appearance was non-human, it would still be impossible to know for certain they are from a different planet and not a terrestrial trick.

edit on 29-1-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

you ever wonder why there is black choppers at the sightings? think about it for a minute. I could be wrong ,I'm just saying think about it.

as for my sighting, there was no helicopters no other craft just this 1 big red light and a cone shaped light lighting up the ground.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It's like we are all ants. We are much to busy working and living to see what goes on around us. And certainly too blind to see what happens above us. Too busy picking upp sticks and dragging them back to the hill.

We have seen it before. Life goes on. Unless they land on the White House lawn and step out speaking the words "We come in peace", making the Vulcan hand sign, nothing will be different.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

two words : credible evidence

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Having given this some thought the following would have to be done to convience the public of UFO's existence:

Not the government doing a full disclosure, as Governments lie, but it would require that there would have to be not only the appearnce of UFO's over every major city in the world, but also actual contact where people can see for themselves, including demonstrations of the technology as well, to prove that they are from a distant star.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
reply to post by gortex

Knowledge is power. I'm sorry you can't share the same exsperiences as my self.

Keep looking up and one day you WILL see.

My first UFO appeared directly in front of me, as though it was purposeful.

Since then I have seen around 7 other unexplainable ariel phenomena.

@ the guy who replied to me above - try the Oxford dictionary perhaps?

Quick note, nowhere in your explanation did you specifically state that it was aliens you were looking at. You purposefully used the words UFO and unexplainable aerial phenomenon. Sounds to me like you've not even convinced yourself that what you saw were creatures from another planet.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
physical evidence. disclosure. clear video. personal experience. .all the things we dont have.

DITTO.

If I had such evidence as mentioned above, I would not hesitate to entertain the possibility. But I don't so I wont. It's that simple.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I think aliens visiting our planet would do it for me. CGI, stupid lights and blurry pics/video where you cant even make out sky or ground really do not do it for me.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBelieveInAliens
Tell me. What would would it take to make you believe that aliens have visited our planet? What proof?

1) ETs actually attempting to make open contact

2) multiple, repeated radar contacts with accelerating crafts, monitored by independent observers across multiple countries and non-governmental universities. And correlated optical telescopic observations of the same. Results published in major peer-reviewed journals.

3) Confirmation from multiple global universities about sustained and obvious contact, and discussion, with MRI and tissue sample widely dispersed for analysis. For instance, a few hundred ETs living in dorms.

4) Official diplomatic relations and opening of full-time embassies with national governments debating treaties

5) Oprah interview and tour of their space station or Earth-based camp.

edit on 29-1-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Not believing in alien visitation does not mean you have to exclude it... Afterall all the documents, there could be something true, so expect the unexpected.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
some of these skeptiks are so in denial , it would take speilbergs ETs giant finger to probe their @$$ !
i think they would then most definately belive
, there is far to much evidence in past civilization to deny their presence , i am a firm beliver ! if we can see them in plain sight or not , i know they are here , ive seen orangle light ufos and they wernt no maned craft thats for sure ! so lets just hope it dosent take ol uncle ET to come show u skeptiks hes real , i think in time they will reveal them selfs to us ,
i look forward to that day

edit on 29-1-2013 by RascalTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2013 by RascalTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Some real proof would help. Right now as you said we have mainly just blurry photos or videos that could be anything. The few clear photos/videos we have seen have been CGI or another form of hoax.
The evidence is just not there even though i myself believe that life is widespread in the universe.
Our scientific understanding makes it nearly impossible for aliens to have visited us and i also find it far fetched that they even would want to come here to our little tiny planet in middle of nowhere.
Our planet is most likely not very special.

I really hope i am one day proven wrong though.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A ride home would convince me

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join