It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble's Latest Mind-Blowing Cosmic Pictures

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
reply to post by Arbitrageur

im referring to the pictures in the original post..have you witnessed any of these personally? or even with the naked eye?

The company I work for supports HST. I have personally "downloaded" 4 gig s of their telemetry, which was science data. So yes, I have seen HST operate first-hand. If you want to make an outlandish claim you are the one who carries the burden of evidence, not everyone who disagrees with your insane worldview.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
It's a shame K1k1to will not post his own views on the matter citing excuses about what other people will potentially think.

Maybe he is one of the aliens living amongst us, hence his vast knowledge of what we don't know?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

reply to post by smyleegrl

why dont they look into our OWN galaxy and its surrounding "earth like" planets?

i say this is BS

They do....

Sigh.

proof?

let me guess its some fuzzy blurry images? even though our own galaxy is a lot easier to observe.

*sigh*

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
k1k1to .... You just made this really interesting. I (and i'm sure i'm not alone) would really appreciate more information about your claims. Not a source or a link (although, that would be really great
) just more information.

OP by the way, great pictures and thank you for bringing them to our attention

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

im referring to the pictures in the original post..have you witnessed any of these personally? or even with the naked eye?

Nope, not many have because nobody has the telescope available in their backyard to do so, that is why everyone is so amazed and this thread exists.

I have read through all of this and I actually understand where you are coming from and am on your side for your principle standpoint of it but still comes to a point where we can take it too far, I had to say just because it came from NASA known to many people as never a straight answer, does not mean they are not real, they gain nothing by this in comparison to well anything.

Besides how can you prove to any of us that they are not? Out of curiosity, and please don't say because we haven't seen it with our own eyes as I have not seen the Efiel Tower and the rest of France, yet does not mean it does not exist

I love the images.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Post your theory. Post what you know. Stop saying you know one thing but are afraid to back yourself up. You can do a great service to the ATS community by SHARING. If you are scared of what someone on the internet may think of you then dont say you know something in the first place.

It is far more shameful from my perspective, to come gloat about what you know and how the current theories are wrong, only to slink back to darkness and dodge the very questions that pertain to your own theories.

EDIT: With your excuse being... "i dont want someone knocking on my door for what i know"

GET REAL!
edit on 29-1-2013 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

The company I work for supports HST. I have personally "downloaded" 4 gig s of their telemetry, which was science data. So yes, I have seen HST operate first-hand. If you want to make an outlandish claim you are the one who carries the burden of evidence, not everyone who disagrees with your insane worldview.

so...you "downloaded" information that was already recorded by another agency, and based on THEIR findings and observations you blindly claim that it is 100% correct and back their data 100%

unless you are physically present the day that these pictures are analyzed and submitted than you are supporting something as "outlandish" as lets say....the idea that there is a GOD...

you are basing your beliefs on "scientific" "faith" and you are subconsciously responding to the programming that you have been exposed to all your life...RESPECT AUTHORITY...always believe what someone in an AUTHORITATIVE position tells you....i.e your parents, teachers, governments....NASA?

anyways ..i dont want to ruin this thread

and the last thing i want to do is influence anyone..just be happy, and know that they are a lot closer than you have been told. a months trip away..if only WE the "common" people had access to rocket propulsion technology you could all see for yourselves..

but hey the best part about this is that this comment will get lost and washed in the ever growing sea of distractions lol...and i just want to be washed away with it too...just to forget what i know..we can do so much yet we waste our energy and resources on killing each other

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wait, we can see light from a galaxy 10 billion light years away....and we can't get a visual on an exoplanet 100 light years away?

Am I missing something?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

reply to post by k1k1to

Post your theory. Post what you know. Stop saying you know one thing but are afraid to back yourself up. You can do a great service to the ATS community by SHARING. If you are scared of what someone on the internet may think of you then dont say you know something in the first place.

It is far more shameful from my perspective, to come gloat about what you know and how the current theories are wrong, only to slink back to darkness and dodge the very questions that pertain to your own theories.

EDIT: With your excuse being... "i dont want someone knocking on my door for what i know"

GET REAL!

do you want to know how they can keep so many people quiet? it cant be possible right?..haha well you're wrong. sometimes when you are involved in what i was the biggest mistake one can do is have a family, because that gives them an "edge" no matter how much i love my fellow humans i am so sorry to say that you are not worth the consequences that would follow suit of even TYPING such words
.. maybe that's why i resent people in authority ...even though i worked as one..maybe because i know how filthy and corrupt they are..it is unfathomable...

im sure my I.T department will be all over this, so im going back to the survival forum you guys take care

remember the LESS you know, the HAPPIER you are. love your planet, fight those will work to destroy it and you.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Spoken like a true coward.

You live life in fear. You sulk and believe you cannot get what you want because there is a man higher on the totem than you are currently. Your previous post tells me you dont believe in God?

I can see why you misunderstand faith, and why you fail to do the 'right thing'.

If you truly know something that would benefit others, yet hesitate to utilize your potential, you are failing yourself. This burden was placed on your shoulders and by turning tail you are defining your place in the universe.

EDIT: The less you know the happier you are? Ignorance is bliss? One who does not know God or understand faith may think this way. Does that make knowledge a bad thing? Stop living in the land where you are the judge, and realize it for what it truly is... you're nothing more than the witness.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Wait, we can see light from a galaxy 10 billion light years away....and we can't get a visual on an exoplanet 100 light years away?

Am I missing something?

I believe you answered your own question

Light - We can see

Darkness in space - We cannot see

How could we get a visual on a planet in the sense you must be hoping for if either

A. It doesn't have it's own light source

B. The light source which would lighten it I.E it's own Sun would be too bright and block it, as why we only ever see black blimps across stars.

Besides don't forget these planets are moving, the light we see isn't as if it is a live picture of how what ever the object is as it is now it is just merely the light from it. I cannot understand why alot of people cannot believe this?

Your hoping for a live picture of a lightless rock floating around in space which is tiny.

If you would like to see a picture of another planet in space look up the planet named 'Mars' I believe that is a exoplanet by all definition

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparta

Yeah, I still don't buy that.

You're basically telling me that unless we send a probe to an exoplanet, we'll never know what they look like?

I would imagine the exoplanet would reflect the light of it's parent star(s). Yes, it is moving -- just like us, and just like the outter planets in our own solar system that we have images of.

My first time ever saying this on ATS...get ready! .... Pics or it didn't happen!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by k1k1to

GET REAL!

I don't rekon you will get a coherent answer, he knows nothing, I mean come on the guy is dropping hints that he has this vast knowledge but doesn't want to share it. He's just phishing for comments.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The Crab Nebula is in our own galaxy, and Hubble got a good shot of that.
That's one of many examples of things in the Milky Way it took pictures of.

And once again, Hubble cannot get detailed surface views of non-light-emitting objects. That's just the way it's designed.

edit on 29-1-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MusicMaker

The best excuses are, "i know too much to post on the internets, the bad guys will get me".

jra

link   

let me guess its some fuzzy blurry images? even though our own galaxy is a lot easier to observe.

You do realize that all the images of nebulae, star clusters etc are all from our own Galaxy right?

Also, what do you say about images taken by amateur astronomers that look like the ones taken by Hubble (albeit lower resolution)?

Because Galaxies are incredibly astronomically huge. Planets are incredibly miniscule by comparison.

link   

reply to post by Sparta

Yeah, I still don't buy that.

You're basically telling me that unless we send a probe to an exoplanet, we'll never know what they look like?

I would imagine the exoplanet would reflect the light of it's parent star(s). Yes, it is moving -- just like us, and just like the outter planets in our own solar system that we have images of.

My first time ever saying this on ATS...get ready! .... Pics or it didn't happen!

You make a good point, although I'd have to say, we cannot see one side of the moon? or another planet in our solar system when it is on the other side of sun. So why can't you apply this to us looking at an exoplanet. There is no light source to determine what it looks like, it would just be black.

Try understanding this it may be abit whacky because I don't think I'm giving the best example haha

Telescope is here ----------------- planet is here, and the sun ---------- here

we can only photograph the dark side of the planet which we cannot see.

Show me some high res photos from a telescope of the darker side of moon
edit on 29-1-2013 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by k1k1to

Spoken like a true coward.

You live life in fear. You sulk and believe you cannot get what you want because there is a man higher on the totem than you are currently. Your previous post tells me you dont believe in God?

I can see why you misunderstand faith, and why you fail to do the 'right thing'.

If you truly know something that would benefit others, yet hesitate to utilize your potential, you are failing yourself. This burden was placed on your shoulders and by turning tail you are defining your place in the universe.

EDIT: The less you know the happier you are? Ignorance is bliss? One who does not know God or understand faith may think this way. Does that make knowledge a bad thing? Stop living in the land where you are the judge, and realize it for what it truly is... you're nothing more than the witness.

Faith is the resting place OF the coward, IE the hoper.

More desireless wishes of being told the truth, and inability to see in greater depth.

True cowards believe in a God who has a master plan for them...it separated them from everything a God would be.

Stop living in the land where you AREN't the judge, and realize that the audience died, ALONG time ago.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by MusicMaker

The best excuses are, "i know too much to post on the internets, the bad guys will get me".

And those excuses come from nutjobs in tin foil hats

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thank-you, OP. The universe is indeed a lovely place. ^_^

oddpenguin

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join