It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble's Latest Mind-Blowing Cosmic Pictures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

As Sir Arthur Eddington said:
"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by smyleegrl

Love pics like this!! 10 billion light years, imagine what we can't see that's there.

Way off topic, but my wife glanced over my shoulder and asked, "Why does she call herself Smelly Girl?"

Told her what it really said. Still laughing.

She's not the first to make that mistake...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

So, all you're going to do is allude to this bigger mystery, but not share what you believe? That's a mean tease, my friend.

I have an open mind, and would like to hear what you have to say. I will not be judge mental or rude to you, but you've got my interest piqued.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

hubblesite.org...

"Its sharp vision has detected the farthest planets found so far. It captured the first visible-light image of a planet around another star" quote from the above link.

.....Well I was looking for a Hubble Telescope picture of a planet to add to this post, but all I could find are artists conceptions of what Hubble telescope claims to have found, and blurry rather indecipherable pictures

I was going for a disputation of your post, but perhaps this has turned into a unplanned acknowledgment, or perhaps there is a better explanation to all of this. If anything the pictures the op have presented are quite remarkable, and don't seem to be fake to me, and I am sure that they would stand up to any advanced photo editing detectives.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

exactly.

there are so many of them. mostly closely resembling our own animals intellect wise.

they live off hydrogen,pure oxygen,methane, sulfuric acid etc..

they DONT need water, most dont need sunlight, some are microscopic others are immense.

its beautiful, but you wont see or hear about them in this lifetime.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Good thread OP...Whether fake or not they sure mind blow me for sure regardless. The other poster makes some good points but one topic I do not wish to confuse my brain over, lol.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Khedwulf

im not here to change anyone's point of view or opinion, i swear.

let me ask you something. when was the last time you saw any other galaxy, or astronomical event? other than the ones presented to you by "officials"?...

remember we all interpret this world slightly different from each other. please whatever makes you happy go with that.

sometimes knowing certain things will change your perception of reality, some of us cant cope with that. i dont want to say anything else because then i start sounding crazy and i dont want anyone showing up at my house and arresting me for "questioning"

im just your average man who works an average job, and i want to keep it that way, i just like to distract myself from time to time with a little ATS

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
smyleegrl
Those are some beautiful pictures..I love abstract astronomical art that nature itself can produce ..great thread..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
...double post....
edit on 29-1-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The Hubble Telescope is a light sensor. That's why it can't see details of the surface of Pluto, for example, because it doesn't reflect enough light.

Non-visual research on planets and stars require other detection methods. There's only so much you can glean from visual specks of light.

By the way, lovely pictures.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I've posted a link to your thread from My original thread

Thanks for the piccies truly amazing.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
let me ask you something. when was the last time you saw any other galaxy, or astronomical event?
M31 and some other galaxies are visible to the naked eye in good observing conditions:

List_of_naked-eye_galaxies

I don't have the ability to confirm the claim it's on a collision course with us as astronomers say, but it's visible.

Go to the local astronomy club and look through their telescope and get an even better view...it won't be faked.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

im referring to the pictures in the original post..have you witnessed any of these personally? or even with the naked eye?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Mankind unfortunately does not have the level of technology needed to instantly fulfill the fantasy of a ground view of another populated Earthlike world. That's no call to say that photographs of distant galaxies are computer generated.

Seriously, light sensing is all we're capable of at this time! Scientists have taken great pains to insure that the Hubble telescope is powerful enough to sense faint light-emitting objects to the detail that it can, even to the point of sending it into orbit so that the atmosphere won't hinder its viewing capabilities.

Knowing what an object looks like up close can only be done by an unmanned probe, and you're going to have to wait a few more years before the latest one takes its close-up pictures of Pluto.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Can't help it, I must ask everyone.
Have you considered how long the exposure time must have been for each, or any, of these pictures?
These images are not gotten by a single click from an old poloroid.
It take hours and some times days for enough light to be collected to gather enough detail to make an image of the more distant objects we have been shown.
The more distant the object, reguardless of it's brightness, the longer the collectors must be allowed to gather that light in order for any usable detalils to be seen.
LIke I said, sometimes I can't help myself, I have to ask these kind of questions.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

Exactly, which also happens to explain the brightness compared to the dim wispy blobs we see with the naked eye or conventional telescopes.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

im referring to the pictures in the original post..have you witnessed any of these personally? or even with the naked eye?
Those images are from the Hubble space telescope.

I'm not sure what you mean by "witnessed any of these personally". There is nobody looking through an eyepiece up in space. The telescope collects the images, transmits them to Earth where we all see them.

The reason I suggest the local astronomy club is if it's a more personal experience you seek, you can get it by looking through the telescope yourself, but of course it's not as powerful as the Hubble.

Heck, even astronomers of ground based telescopes never look through an eyepiece anymore, unless they do it at the local astronomy club meeting. But the images I take with a digital camera look like reasonable representations of what I photograph and telescopes use similar types of imagers so I have no reason to doubt them.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Great post!!! I believe these pictures are real, and yes you can see things like this with your own eyes using a great big telescope!!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It's a shame K1k1to will not post his own views on the matter citing excuses about what other people will potentially think. I believe it is not all what we are told either, but we can clearly see with our own eyes and tools we create that galaxies and things similar to what hubble shows, exists.

To say one cannot handle truth is partially correct. In between truth and nontruth is faith. Faith is what allows one to comprehend each moment of truth that is experienced. I can comprehend whatever you throw my way, so please do.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

reply to post by smyleegrl

why dont they look into our OWN galaxy and its surrounding "earth like" planets?

i say this is BS

They do....

Sigh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join