It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEMO OMEN .300 Win Mag AR!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This thing is absolutely incredible, at first I thought there was no way you can overcome the recoil of that round. I was proven wrong! If the military doesn't use these they are just crazy! I just had to share this with ya'll. I recommend watching all three videos, they show haw the rifle is milled and everything.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

Wow.. that is pretty awesome.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

This is pretty cool but, Noreen arms makes a .338 Lapua AR. I think I'll hold out for an AR in .700 Nitro Express.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74
reply to post by T4NG0

This is pretty cool but, Noreen arms makes a .338 Lapua AR. I think I'll hold out for an AR in .700 Nitro Express.

That would be insane! That gun is literally a cannon that should be bolted to the ground.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Sounds dangerous.
Looks like something that should be banned.
Looks like it is designed to shoot through schools.

Just kidding.
I wish I could afford one!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Pretty cool but $1000 overpriced. I would price it at $4999 with the longer, optional barrel. The standard barrel (22") is shorter than a MCR-300 (.30-06) with a 24" barrel.
edit on 27-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
MAN! 15 rounds of .300 Win Mag on tap!

That recoil reduction system looks like it really works, and, a recoil reducing BCG?! SERIOUSLY?!
That looked nowhere near the recoil a .300 Win Mag produces out of a bolt gun.

Impressive!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Seriously?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Why does everything have to be AR-pattern these days? A .300 Win Mag is two action sizes longer than a standard AR, and one bigger than the original AR-10. Why not do something like the McCann Industries elephant Garand (5 round en-bloc clip of .458 Winchester Mag), or the semi-mythical Losok Valkyr. A Garand action is already sized for standard-length (.30-06) cartridges, in theory all you'd need to do is modify the gas system and open up the bolt face to accept a belted case.

Only on a new-production action, of course. I cannot abide the idea of butchering a real M1 just to shoot a bigger round.

top topics

join