It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matthew 10

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GRS1234
reply to post by Leuan

and my tenacity is driven by self conclusion of purpose trust me every thing has good and bad nothing is without karmic law

The karmic law you speak of was defined many milleniums ago. I have sinned. I will pay.
I know it already.
I'm not afraid to die.
My brother, do you stand on the right or the left

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Never reveal everything you know

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leuan

reply to post by Leuan

and my tenacity is driven by self conclusion of purpose trust me every thing has good and bad nothing is without karmic law

The karmic law you speak of was defined many milleniums ago. I have sinned. I will pay.
I know it already.
I'm not afraid to die.
My brother, do you stand on the right or the left

hehe this is were me and you differ you need to read romans sin is what YOU say it is besides the one law of thou shalt not murder and that is spiritual murder and its put in the form of that what you have just said karmic law is cause and effect as well as your own tendacy or addictions or habits that is real karma the sin is not knowing this in my opinion ie read romans and understand it

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au

lol how can i when i dont know every thing "I" know

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

And? If you believe in yourself and have the word close to the heart you will be safe. The word was never to cower yourself, but stand tall in the Lords' name.
All you need is the TRUTH, specifically

My apologies, the word I wrote now was meant to be never!!! So we agree, now doesn't even make sense not only in the context of what I wrote or the sentence, very sorry for I am the queen of typos!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Wise as serpents and harmless as doves

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Wise as serpents and harmless as doves

and this is jesus's real teaching my friend

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

thank you these debate's give me more fire in my life to live right because they inch me into the word even more thank you again you have help my day to be a pleasant one and i truly and sincerely mean that this is karmic law in effect in a positive way now just think what would be a negative way especially when you give them an incomplete POWERFUL thought as one verse this is karma my friend
edit on 27-1-2013 by GRS1234 because: typo i know im no grammer police

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thank you (mods) for moving this. I do appreciate it

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
In the name of the Lord, the Ultimate, the first Teacher and the proprietor of Salvation. Bring forward your gifts of discernment, bring them a wave of Love (they might be virgins) JK
Father, you gave us life and you have promised us that you will NEVER leave us. You lead us in, and lead us out through your salvation (hand in hand) bless my salty friends, Give them discernment in the name of your blessed Son Yeshua, Amen.
Love luuan

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

34)"Think not that I come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

What is your transformation of this parable?

Does it mean death to unbelievers (to you) or is there a deeper meaning? Discuss

The quote must be examined in context, which was in reference to and followed by, as follows:

I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[c]
37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

I think he was talking about severing the ties of our family of origin which produce all manner of unhelpful psychodrama, and can lead us along the path of destruction that manifest therefrom.

It is also a statement about attachment (verse 39).

So he's suggesting that he's come to liberate us (sever us) from our unhealthy attachments in connection to our family of origin, even our own life as it is - to pursue and discover to our good fortune, the new life on the other side of the severing of those unhealthy and unhelpful ties that bind us.

edit on 27-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

34)"Think not that I come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

Does it mean death to unbelievers (to you) or is there a deeper meaning? Discuss

The quote must be examined in context, which was in reference to and followed by

I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[c]
37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

I think he was talking about severing the ties of our family of origin which produce all manner of unhelpful psychodrama, and can lead us along the path of destruction that manifest therefrom.

It is also a statement about attachment (verse 39).

So he's suggesting that he's come to liberate us (sever us) from our unhealthy attachments in connection to our family of origin, even our own life as it is - to pursue the new life on the other side of the severing of those unhealthy and unhelpful ties that bind us.

i was trying to tell him to read the whole thing lol but i will reread it now because you gave me an outlook to it thanks i couldnt deliverd like you did

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GRS1234

Given what it really means and points to, makes it sadly ironic how it's so often misused by anti-Jesus zealots of all stripes.

What Jesus is really saying however is something like "I'm a spiritual psychologist who's here to liberate you and set you free by severing you from your attachments which prevent you from being saved, starting with those within your own family of origin."

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The quote is completely contradictory to the one and only law of love. I would say the sword is the jolt of consciousness that awakens the sleeping.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

edit on 27-1-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

In simple terms as the question is asked it simply means Jesus will not return to let himself be tortured and murdered by the rulers of the religions and the countries of the earth this time round.

He is coming back not as a sacrifice but as a King. Taking his rightful place as ruler humanity.
It will not be handed over peacefully I think.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The sword that Jesus brought became the New Testament.

Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Ephesians 6:17

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. Revelation 2:16

Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh. Revelation 19:15,21

The sword refers to the word of God. In Matthew 10 Jesus is saying he is giving them the literal word of God, in Ephesians it demonstrates the word of God should be used for sustenance and protection, in Hebrews one learns that the sword will be used to judge the just, and in Revelations the unjust.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It's saying that sometimes you can't turn the other cheek, and instead evil must be defeated through force.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
It's saying that sometimes you can't turn the other cheek, and instead evil must be defeated through force.

haha good one

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

edit on 27-1-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

There's nothing to discuss, if you read the passage in correct context, this is about seperating the righteous from the unrighteous. The sword of truth to cleave the wicked from the righteous. This is allegorical, not a literal sword.

Quit digging into the bible looking for stuff to discredit it. Kthxbai.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

After carefully studying the Book of Matthew, specifically when Peter used his sword on the guard and what Jesus said in Matthew 26:52. I have to retract my earlier comments about using violence. Its all about having complete Faith in Christ. What are your opinions on the matter? I want to fight back but I'm not supposed too right?

Learn more everyday

edit on 27-1-2013 by bo12au because: (no reason given)

Were the apostles crucified before Christ ascended or after? The answer is after. They were to glorify his name after there was nothing left to fight for. He was gone physically. The jews back then wanted a Messiah to overthrow and destroy Rome. The ones who weren't trying to kill him were trying to force him to be king in which he made comments about them trying to "take the kingdom by force". Fear not he who can destroy the body but he who can destroy the body and the soul. When Jesus told them to go and sell their cloaks to buy swords, he was fulfilling scripture so that he would be condemned as a criminal so that the prophecy of Isaiah 53:9 and Isaiah 53:12 being a "transgressor" or "lawbreaker".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join