It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matthew 10

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leuan
34)"Think not that I come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

What is your transformation of this parable?

Does it mean death to unbelievers (to you) or is there a deeper meaning? Discuss

edit on 27-1-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

I always perceived this passage and the ones before and after it to tell us that we would endure much trial in this life even from the people closest to us for our following Christ. We are being pruned spiritually so to speak and Jesus is dividing the wheat from the tares both among us and inside of us too. If my life is easy and peaceful, I am content and can get complacent in my faith, this is not what the followers of Christ's should do. We can live peaceably but without compromising our belief in Jesus. But not all the time, we must choose peace without compromise and if not then we must use the Sword and now cower even if death is the only option or condition.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoneyBe

34)"Think not that I come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

Does it mean death to unbelievers (to you) or is there a deeper meaning? Discuss

I always perceived this passage and the ones before and after it to tell us that we would endure much trial in this life even from the people closest to us for our following Christ. We are being pruned spiritually so to speak and Jesus is dividing the wheat from the tares both among us and inside of us too. If my life is easy and peaceful, I am content and can get complacent in my faith, this is not what the followers of Christ's should do. We can live peaceably but without compromising our belief in Jesus. But not all the time, we must choose peace without compromise and if not then we must use the Sword and now cower even if death is the only option or condition.

And? If you believe in yourself and have the word close to the heart you will be safe. The word was never to cower yourself, but stand tall in the Lords' name.
All you need is the TRUTH, specifically

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

wheres the rest of the chapter? never just read one verse btw and its a sword to fight from the cloud or veil "eveil" "evil" its to help with everyday confusion the bible is and to not be swayed by fellow man but yeah alot of ppl missed that memo or dont even care theres my 2 cents have fun with it

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

My speculation is simply this: Jesus' action was the answer to all the skeptics' questions. He filled your guts with sand.

His action was to divide the world, without firing a shot imo
UM we have been divided since ppl started to creat civilisations he wasnt the divider but the path maker division has been there since adam atom w/e is creation dude jesus is to unify the body "us" we just use it way out of term like most ppl on this thread have but its not their fault at least i choose to believe so any one attacking the most important and influencial prophets of this world need to look closer and quit thinking in literal terms we are taught in literal terms but are not meant to think this way in other words use your head other than a hat rack man heh tis what my mama always told me kishna buddha gandhi and jesus are the true saints as dr martin luther king is aswell the "division" or sand in the gut for the critics is a simple selfish way to go say f you your worker of iniquity witch is the true divisioners and its by default not their fault again my 2 cents have fun

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
After carefully studying the Book of Matthew, specifically when Peter used his sword on the guard and what Jesus said in Matthew 26:52. I have to retract my earlier comments about using violence. Its all about having complete Faith in Christ. What are your opinions on the matter? I want to fight back but I'm not supposed too right?

Learn more everyday

edit on 27-1-2013 by bo12au because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GRS1234

wheres the rest of the chapter? never just read one verse btw and its a sword to fight from the cloud or veil "eveil" "evil" its to help with everyday confusion the bible is and to not be swayed by fellow man but yeah alot of ppl missed that memo or dont even care theres my 2 cents have fun with it

Where is it? I don't know for I cannot see through your eyes.
Thanks for coming by and adding-

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

And? If you believe in yourself and have the word close to the heart you will be safe. The word was never to cower yourself, but stand tall in the Lords' name.

and i agree its not to be spotless because there are a few good cliques out there and this one particularly gose like this: one often meets his destiny on the road to avoid it. and heres a hitter in the head: the road to hell is paved with good intentions ... you know why they are sad and are epititomes for cliques.... thats because they are TRUE

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
After carefully studying the Book of Matthew, specifically when Simon Peter used his sword on the guard and what Jesus said in Matthew 26:52. I have to retract my earlier comments about using violence. Its all about having complete Faith in Christ. What are your opinions on the matter? I want to fight back but I'm not supposed too right?

Learn more everyday

To the left or right, my brethren must not take flight.
Stand in the fold if you believe the Son.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

i mean wheres the rest of the chapter? your targeting one verse if you want to end up on the right side of the line or better yet if you want to do your job right you need to use all your tools or els you get "distortion" you realise what i and you are trying to do or rather me because i dont know your intentions is trying to turn coal into diamonds metaphorically speaking im not a teacher but an interpreter as every one els here I am just tired of ppl shooting the teacher when its the interpreters fault sorta like whats happening in america with the gun crises and yes every one has their own "eyes" you see you didnt think in literal there why keep doing it?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

and i agree its not to be spotless because there are a few good cliques out there and this one particularly gose like this: one often meets his destiny on the road to avoid it. and heres a hitter in the head: the road to hell is paved with good intentions ... you know why they are sad and are epititomes for cliques.... thats because they are TRUE

I am well aware that my intentions will get me killed. I will die in peace, or in extreme violence. Who cares really?
My words do no come from an abyss, they are universal now. I EXPECT to be silenced, and I read the word.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

After carefully studying the Book of Matthew, specifically when Simon Peter used his sword on the guard and what Jesus said in Matthew 26:52. I have to retract my earlier comments about using violence. Its all about having complete Faith in Christ. What are your opinions on the matter? I want to fight back but I'm not supposed too right?

Learn more everyday

yes thats all good dont forget your human and divine stand in the fold i like that its tempering the metal tempering your "soul" if you want but he taught in parable mostly not in literal there can be a WAY bigger meaning then just a guy thrusting a sword into another guy allegorical or mystical you got the eyes you decide its what we are and is the reason for "division" or the illusion of division more appropriatly stating because we are one no matter how much we deny it

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

i mean wheres the rest of the chapter? your targeting one verse if you want to end up on the right side of the line or better yet if you want to do your job right you need to use all your tools or els you get "distortion" you realise what i and you are trying to do or rather me because i dont know your intentions is trying to turn coal into diamonds metaphorically speaking im not a teacher but an interpreter as every one els here I am just tired of ppl shooting the teacher when its the interpreters fault sorta like whats happening in america with the gun crises and yes every one has their own "eyes" you see you didnt think in literal there why keep doing it?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Learn more everyday

yes thats all good dont forget your human and divine stand in the fold i like that its tempering the metal tempering your "soul" if you want but he taught in parable mostly not in literal there can be a WAY bigger meaning then just a guy thrusting a sword into another guy allegorical or mystical you got the eyes you decide its what we are and is the reason for "division" or the illusion of division more appropriatly stating because we are one no matter how much we deny it

The "message" was always peace.
Think of it like this:

The creator has given you a rope at birth. It's not his fault if you keep looping it and strangle yourself. Sorry it's harsh but why are you challenging a message of peace?
From my perspective I am trying to communicate but I guess some cannot hear

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I am well aware that my intentions will get me killed. I will die in peace, or in extreme violence. Who cares really?
My words do no come from an abyss, they are universal now. I EXPECT to be silenced, and I read the word.

well all i can say is your being a pawn and not havng "faith" if its meant to happen it will happen we live in god and he lives in us there is mostly cause and effect no coincidence hermes trismegistus

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

rofl i loved the diaper quote have no clue what it meant but loved it nontheless im not challenging peace im promoting it take control of your own destiny and enjoy life thats true peace now knowledge is totally diffrent thats where it gets hairy and it seems we human thurst for knowlege the truth is what the truth is my friend

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

sorry on my paragraph structure i will work on that in further posts

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Learn more everyday

The "message" was always peace.
Think of it like this:

The creator has given you a rope at birth. It's not his fault if you keep looping it and strangle yourself. Sorry it's harsh but why are you challenging a message of peace?
From my perspective I am trying to communicate but I guess some cannot hear

and this is reality turning coal into diamonds its really up to us god just gives us what we need and leaves this is what believe deny ignorance

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Blah blah bla
so we're going to hang side by side.
excellent.
I'm going to get insurance just in case you try to burn our houses down,

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

and my tenacity is driven by self conclusion of purpose trust me every thing has good and bad nothing is without karmic law

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Blah blah bla
so we're going to hang side by side.
excellent.
I'm going to get insurance just in case you try to burn our houses down,

lol ok im done i dont want to hijack your thread or nothing just dont want to see the scripture used in a wrong way its done way to much these days and im not one to go with the crowd and the houses have been burnt were are insuring that they never be built again

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join