It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matthew 10

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
It means "Look out, I'm going to cut your head and limbs off if your not a good boy".

"Come not for the bread, but for the whine"
- You

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

That is a good way of seeing it. In context, i would agree.

I saw an interesting thread about DaVinci's paintings on john the baptist. It seemed to imply that denying a man is like denying god. In matthew 10, 33: But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

Christ is apparently a level of consciousness acheived through good intentions and mental clarity. And by definition of your sword all others are satan, or against gods workers, and thus him. Which the second painting in the thread shows.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythfury
reply to post by Leuan

That is a good way of seeing it. In context, i would agree.

I saw an interesting thread about DaVinci's paintings on john the baptist. It seemed to imply that denying a man is like denying god. In matthew 10, 33: But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

Christ is apparently a level of consciousness acheived through good intentions and mental clarity. And by definition of your sword all others are satan, or against gods workers, and thus him. Which the second painting in the thread shows.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My sword?
The Christ, through his sacrifice and through the prophecies set the record straight.

The truth is the sword and many will fall on it.. Everybody will in fact.. Either now or later..
guess this passage is obscure.
I am not isolating anyone, they're doing it to themselves

PS: you do realize that davinci was not a christian but a pagan.. I hate using that term but it's so pop culture these days..
Ok he was a sun worshipper..like all the romans and their fluffers..................
edit on 27-1-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm a sinner too. I expect eternal death., but why would I ignore salvation or the path forward to it?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm not much of a Bible person, but I read the very next verses after the one you quoted, and it said,

"For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."

So, it seems to me that Jesus is sending his disciples out to share the word of Christ, and he is warning them that this is going to shake things up a bit -- some will agree and some will not. There will even be division within families. I think he also implies the disciples' lives may be in danger from those who will be against the message, but it's worth the risk. That's how I interpret it anyway.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Not all swords are forged the same, but through the word of god they are used.

DaVinci had access to the vatican. Maybe he was, maybe he wasnt.

Well, my interpretation wasnt good enough. Whats yours? because it is a good one. Why does it stand out to you?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Agreed. Definitely did at my house. Haha

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Matthew 10 is a great message. It brings me hope yet fear at the same time.
Some of my personal favorites; 22..."But he who endures to the end will be saved". I am saved already thru Jesus Christ. This verse just reminds me that if I am living in the last days, and persecution IS coming, not to seek martyrdom but to run and gun from persecution. Bible in one hand Gun in the other.
28" And do not fear those who kill the body but CANNOT kill the soul. But rather fear Him who IS able to destroy both body and soul in hell". I fear God, not a group of homosexuals in dark dresses. I'm not looking for a fight but I'm not afraid to go toe to toe with ANY man.
The verse you are referring to 34 is about Christ bringing division. I believe He is saying the Gospel will bring turmoil between those who accept it and those who don't. Its all about humility and obedience to God. Even our families will be divided during THIS time on earth, but always remember that God is First. Its not so much speaking about His victory and revenge over evil in this particular passage. But that victory IS promised and it is going to happen.
edit on 27-1-2013 by bo12au because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Kayla you are correct and this is what is considered "carrying the cross":
Christians are being slayed for their unbelief in hashaytans' ways. I never took this seriously until I witnessed the persecution first hand. Yes, the vice is closing and the MUSLIMEEN are taking sides now, as the orphans (atheists) too.
Everyone is going to have to pick a side. God as government or God as Liberator.
It's coming.
I hope the dollar doesn't collapse either, because it will tempt your enemies to strike you into oblivion. We are in a hot war, sadly. Thats why everyone is on edge

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

China is about to implement Gold Backed Yuan. Making its standard higher and making the USD no longer the International Dollar. Sorry. Hahaha

It is interesting about whats going on in the world. Anonymous's video must have shaken the consciousness.

God is the liberator!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

Well, my interpretation wasnt good enough. Whats yours? because it is a good one. Why does it stand out to you?

No true Christian will murder. That is a fact.
On this occurance, the covenant is severed until they crawl through "hell" to grace.
Hell is another made up term used to describe eternal death imo, it could be your soul drifting into the sun,

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

The wheat will be separated from the chaff via the sword and that separation process will be the Tribulation.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

China is about to implement Gold Backed Yuan. Making its standard higher and making the USD no longer the International Dollar. Sorry. Hahaha

It is interesting about whats going on in the world. Anonymous's video must have shaken the consciousness.

God is the liberator!

You think china will sink itself? what a joke.
They live off the west.
Sorry but I cannot bring myself to that level and accept that they have control.
If they attacked america they would get stomped, and the commies (here)would sob
edit on 27-1-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leuan

reply to post by Leuan

On this occurance, the covenant is severed until they crawl through "hell" to grace.
Hell is another made up term used to describe eternal death imo, it could be your soul drifting into the sun,

It will not be "murder". Christians are no wimps, Yes we are told to turn the cheek and pray for our enemies. But we are also allowed to fight back. If you think we are not fighting, than you have a rude awakening coming.
Psalms 144
Proverbs 25:26
Luke 22:36
Romans 13:4
Remember when they came to arrest Jesus and one of His Disciples cut the soilders ear off? We aren't playing.
Quit telling people "the covenent will be broken" that is false.
Like I said there is a huge difference in murder and survival.
Do you hear me?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
Matthew 10 is a great message. It brings me hope yet fear at the same time.
Some of my personal favorites; 22..."But he who endures to the end will be saved". I am saved already thru Jesus Christ. This verse just reminds me that if I am living in the last days, and persecution IS coming, not to seek martyrdom but to run and gun from persecution. Bible in one hand Gun in the other.
28" And do not fear those who kill the body but CANNOT kill the soul. But rather fear Him who IS able to destroy both body and soul in hell". I fear God, not a group of homosexuals in dark dresses. I'm not looking for a fight but I'm not afraid to go toe to toe with ANY man.
The verse you are referring to 34 is about Christ bringing division. I believe He is saying the Gospel will bring turmoil between those who accept it and those who don't. Its all about humility and obedience to God. Even our families will be divided during THIS time on earth, but always remember that God is First. Its not so much speaking about His victory and revenge over evil in this particular passage. But that victory IS promised and it is going to happen.

It's a divine message indeed, as you can witness by the posts above. Christ has divided the world as promised and you are definately in favour with him if you are aware.
The message only resonates with the sons of light, and the others spin in their hollow existences. They can always come to the Father but I fear their hearts are sealed.
Great message man.
I used to think the Bible was fiction because thats what secular society taught me from elementary to secondary.
The Original Teacher takes precedence over ALL.

Unbelievers: Ask for discernment from the Father, even if you don't believe, just try it.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bo12au

The Actual Commandment in the original language of the Bible is "Thou Shalt Not Commit Murder" not "Thou Shalt Not Kill" there is a difference as some acts of killing are justified (ie, Self Defense).

edit on 27-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

It will not be "murder". Christians are no wimps, Yes we are told to turn the cheek and pray for our enemies. But we are also allowed to fight back. If you think we are not fighting, than you have a rude awakening coming.
Psalms 144
Remember when they came to arrest Jesus and one of His Disciples cut the soilders ear off? We aren't playing.
Do you hear me?

Calm yourself brother, I know the difference between murder and killing.
Christ came to divide the world through nonviolence ( the living word) and he was the first ORIGINAL GANGSTA ON THE TURN TABLES. I get it.
I know what is written,. It's beautiful, yet hurtful to the enemies of humanity

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by Leuan

The wheat will be separated from the chaff via the sword and that separation process will be the Tribulation.

Indeed. I wish it wasn't so, but really, look at the world..
Peaceniks are getting chopped into pieces. It's disgusting

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by Leuan

Indeed. I wish it wasn't so, but really, look at the world..
Peaceniks are getting chopped into pieces. It's disgusting

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

Psalms 144
Do you hear me?

Calm yourself brother, I know the difference between murder and killing.
Christ came to divide the world through nonviolence ( the living word) and he was the first ORIGINAL GANGSTA ON THE TURN TABLES. I get it.
I know what is written,. It's beautiful, yet hurtful to the enemies of humanity

On edge lately,,,
I get what you're saying. And I try to always remember Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. I have full trust and Complete Faith in Jesus Christ and God's protection. Its just the grunt side showing..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join