It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matthew 10

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
34)"Think not that I come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

What is your transformation of this parable?

Does it mean death to unbelievers (to you) or is there a deeper meaning? Discuss

edit on 27-1-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Im not well versed in scripture but I'm assuming this is a qoute from a bibilcal figure??

If so my interpretation would be that the world is so screwed up and corrupt by the bad guys that every now and then the good guys need to have thier own bad guy ... Like a fighting fire with fire analogy.

So to me it reads, "to all you peaceful good people, fear not remain peaceful and good. For I will do the dirty work that is required, stain not your hands instead let mine be stained for you."
edit on 27-1-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It was an excuse for his followers to invade, pillage,rape and murder whatever segment
of people they were unhappy with at the time, gotta justify that stuff somehow
because if you just go do it then its wrong. That would be my translation of that
particular verse.
edit on 27-1-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
reply to post by Leuan

Im not well versed in scripture but I'm assuming this is a qoute from a bibilcal figure??

If so my interpretation would be that the world is so screwed up and corrupt by the bad guys that every now and then the good guys need to have thier own bad guy ... Like a fighting fire with fire analogy.

So to me it reads, "to all you peaceful good people, fear not remain peaceful and good. For I will do the dirty work that is required, stain not your hands instead let mine be stained for you."

Very nice speculation on your part. I would guess that is close. for the context implies that EVERY life is a gift to us, collectively
Thank you for you input

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
My speculation is simply this: Jesus' action was the answer to all the skeptics' questions. He filled your guts with sand.

His action was to divide the world, without firing a shot imo

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

Interestingly enough, that is close to how theologians have received that passage. Yes it is from a biblical figure and is attributed to Jesus. He is referring to Micah from the Old Testament but the OP only referred to a small portion of the whole of the message.

Please understand, I am not saying I agree with this or disagree with it, but if you are going to use a biblical verse, at least show it all in context; my opinion of course.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

reply to post by Leuan

Interestingly enough, that is close to how theologians have received that passage. Yes it is from a biblical figure and is attributed to Jesus. He is referring to Micah from the Old Testament but the OP only referred to a small portion of the whole of the message.

Please understand, I am not saying I agree with this or disagree with it, but if you are going to use a biblical verse, at least show it all in context; my opinion of course.

Contextually, would you agree that the truth is the sword?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

In reference to this, it could be. It could be stating that the Jews shouldn't be so complacent and that they should be ready. Honestly, I find the verse vague as presented.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leuan
34)"Think not that I come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

What is your transformation of this parable?

Does it mean death to unbelievers (to you) or is there a deeper meaning? Discuss

edit on 27-1-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

What did Paul say?

Acts 24

15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

The righteous AND wicked would be here. What does Revelation say?

Rev 1:7

7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen.

EVEN the wicked will be here, the same ones that pierced Christ. The last generation (1948-2017) represents the cloud of confusion that Christ comes to dispel.

What did Enoch say?

1.1 These are the words of the blessing of Enoch; according to which he
blessed the chosen and righteous who must be present on the day of
distress, which is appointed, for the removal of all the wicked and impious.
1.2 And Enoch began his story and said: -

The Righteous MUST be present with the wicked on the last day? How do we know we are the last generation?

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an
end."

2 Days -Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
2 Days -Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
2 Days -Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
1 Day -Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)
-------
7 Days (7000 years - Approximately 6000 have passed)

There is a timetable. The book of Jude 1 references the Nephilim that fell (The Cloud of Evil). Enoch gave them 70 generations. A generation is the precession of the Earth divided by 360. That gives you 72 years. Israel was born in 1948, but the days will be shortened according to Matthew 24. I assume 70 years, yet we cannot know. We can simply get close. Knowing that Christ has entered the temple gives us the approximate range of 72 years. Do the Math. Enoch was taken at 950 past Adam. 72*70 is 5040. That's 6000.

Genesis 6

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Those are jubilee years of 50 years each. 120 * 50 = 6000. Need more. When was the 6 day war? 1967. When did the Jews rebel from Rome? 67. When was WWI? 1917. When is the next Jubilee of 50 years? 2017.

Define Nephilim. Cloud is the word nephelē. It also derives the word Nephilim, a cloud of evil spirits covering the people. This usage was shown in the book of Enoch 1 to describe the Evil Beings that corrupted Mankind. The cloud was the same as the one in Jude 1 and Enoch to describe Jesus coming in the clouds with an army of angels to rescue mankind.

When it says (Revelation 1:7) Jesus is coming in the clouds, why do the people mourn? For the first century generation that pierced Christ, the answer is obvious. For the rest of us, we realize that our sin was paid by the one that comes to remove the covering from us. The word Cloud denotes a complete covering that shrouds the land from the light. Clouds also defuse light to keep the earth protected. The Earth is our womb. There are many analogies in this symbolism when we see the connection. Faith is not fact because we cannot see beyond the veil.

The veil is the wool pulled over our eyes. That wool will be cut off and washed white as snow. You must be born again, and the new robe is your previous sin.

The sword is for the wicked. How can we escape? Baptism. We are immersed into this life NOW so that we can rise to new life. The question is, who is rising and who is falling. This baptism may be the last, as I think this may very well be the first resurrection. Check my threads on these subjects.

1 Corinthians 15

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

edit on 27-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

In reference to this, it could be. It could be stating that the Jews shouldn't be so complacent and that they should be ready. Honestly, I find the verse vague as presented.

Not meaning to be vague either but saying "the jews" in your reply and complacency kinda contradicts itself. The "jews" are scattered upon the earth in many facets.
I'm not being rude but can you elaborate a little more if possible?>
AFAIK they're not a tribe,a race, a religion, but a collective spirit which can't be bound by lines on a map

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

Not meaning to be vague either but saying "the jews" in your reply and complacency kinda contradicts itself. The "jews" are scattered upon the earth in many facets.

Localize it to the time-frame. Jesus was speaking to the Jews in Judea, not across the world.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Leuan

Localize it to the time-frame. Jesus was speaking to the Jews in Judea, not across the world.

No, that message was to everyone born under the new covenant.,.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The depends on how you view the Bible, rather the New Testament now does it not?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The Armor of God. He's not here to send peace(the right boot), but the Word Of God(the sword). My interpretation.
The Word of God is a perception thing so I always call the sword perception. And always put your best foot forward, dont need matthew for that.

edit on 27-1-2013 by Mythfury because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Enoch I think you're reading too much into the question at hand.
In this context we're dealing with just the NT canon, not the gnostic texts although I appreciate the reference. Can you back up the given reference? I have never read the book of enoch.
anyways..

"The sword is for the wicked. How can we escape? Baptism. We are immersed into this life NOW so that we can rise to new life. The question is, who is rising and who is falling. This baptism may be the last, as I think this may very well be the first resurrection. Check my threads on these subjects. "

1- Indeed for the wicked as we struggle for hearts and minds, not flesh and eternal death.
2- Baptism indeed, so what is your opinion of unorthadox baptism? example ganges river
3- The falling have not a hand to stop them. The choosers)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The depends on how you view the Bible, rather the New Testament now does it not?

Correct and I wasn't mocking the jews at all. I KNow there are a significant amount of viewers within to say otherwise.
It's a beautiful message, whether some accept it or not

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It means "Look out, I'm going to cut your head and limbs off if your not a good boy".

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Ehh, maybe he came to bring you defense against such death

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Can we get back on topic?

The sword, imo is the living word (the christ) and it will divide the world, moreso than now.
Everyone will have to choose their path

Enoch do you believe standing at the right is the correct interpretation? Just curious, you have an interesting take on this so far.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join