It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
where did the Aushwitz metal sign go?

"WORK MAKES YOU FREE"???

think we will see it at some FEMA camp?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Color me a little bit insensitive, but REALLY?

We need a day remembering something that is always brought up?

Nazis this and Jews exterminated that.

What else is there to remember?

We all learned the lesson; if some nut is talking about his plans to take over the world and then gets in power it is up to one of us to man up and kill him before his plans are seen through to the end.

Got it. Lesson learned. Shut up about it quit pulling the guilt card the world didn't stop in 1945. LORD.

Where are all the events for what the Japanese did during their reign of terror? Stalin's bloodbath? The American genocide of the native peoples?

Derek
edit on 30-1-2013 by Viesczy because: grammar

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I would like to see a Hiroshima Memorial Day too.....

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here is another reason why we should remember the Holocaust

news.sky.com...

To deny the Holocaust ever took place is shameful and dishonouring all those who died.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I agree with that actually. Nuclear War is a crime of unimaginable proportions. It is a crime against Earth itself. We should never EVER allow this to happen ever again. Countries like North Korea should be sent a copy of both Threads and The Day After to understand the full horror of nuclear war which transcends politics, ideology or cult regime. Radiation and nuclear fallout kills. No if or buts.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
To those who think the skeptics are wrong or idiotic, lets remember the countless lies that have been found out since the holocaust. The lampshades and soap being made out of humans was made up. This is a known fact. There were even "witnesses" who claimed to have seen the human lampshades and soap. I remember one lady claiming she knew that she was selected for lampshade material because of her perfect skin, and that the Germans removed her tattoo because it was a blemish on her otherwise perfect lampshade skin. She sold books and gave emotional talks about this supposed event.

The math also doesn't work out. Some witnesses were claiming 4 bodies per oven per hour. The ovens were measured and it would be nearly impossible to fit two bodies in there. Ask anyone who works in a modern crematorium and they will laugh at the 4 bodies per hour claim. It just simply cannot happen. Maybe 4 hours.

Also every few years they lower the amount of Jews killed. It started at 6 million, now it's 1 million. How many was it? And why are there so many lies?

There were also many witnesses who were caught in lie after lie. So what do you expect? We obviously need to take a second look at what happened. Question everything.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human2
To those who think the skeptics are wrong or idiotic, lets remember the countless lies that have been found out since the holocaust. The lampshades and soap being made out of humans was made up. This is a known fact. There were even "witnesses" who claimed to have seen the human lampshades and soap. I remember one lady claiming she knew that she was selected for lampshade material because of her perfect skin, and that the Germans removed her tattoo because it was a blemish on her otherwise perfect lampshade skin. She sold books and gave emotional talks about this supposed event.

The math also doesn't work out. Some witnesses were claiming 4 bodies per oven per hour. The ovens were measured and it would be nearly impossible to fit two bodies in there. Ask anyone who works in a modern crematorium and they will laugh at the 4 bodies per hour claim. It just simply cannot happen. Maybe 4 hours.

Also every few years they lower the amount of Jews killed. It started at 6 million, now it's 1 million. How many was it? And why are there so many lies?

There were also many witnesses who were caught in lie after lie. So what do you expect? We obviously need to take a second look at what happened. Question everything.

Denying the Holocaust ever happened is obscene. Are you calling Holocaust surviours liars now?
The Holcaust happened. Learn to live with that FACT. This thread is meant to be about remembering all those who died in the Holocaust. Not denying it ever happened or disputing this that and the other. Try talking to some surviours who will tell you of the full horror of what went on. And learn to read the history of the period as well. it is attitudes like this that not only dishonour all those died in the Holocaust but makes me fear that this could well happen again. Has humanity learnt anything? The Nazis tried to deny it and failed.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

Denying the Holocaust ever happened is obscene. Are you calling Holocaust surviours liars now?
The Holcaust happened. Learn to live with that FACT. This thread is meant to be about remembering all those who died in the Holocaust. Not denying it ever happened or disputing this that and the other. Try talking to some surviours who will tell you of the full horror of what went on. And learn to read the history of the period as well. it is attitudes like this that not only dishonour all those died in the Holocaust but makes me fear that this could well happen again. Has humanity learnt anything? The Nazis tried to deny it and failed.

Do you know what a fact is?

Here are the facts:
1) Some of the "holocaust survivors" blatantly lied about many different things concerning the holocaust and made money doing so. The fact that you are completely unaware of this and calling me a "denier" for stating this fact just makes you look like an idiot.

2) The lampshade/soap claim is a myth
"General Lucius Clay, the military governor of the US zone of occupied Germany, explained the lampshade story, 'Well, it turned out actually that it was goat flesh' "

3) The claim of 4 bodies per oven per hour is a myth. It could not have been more than 1 body per hour, based on pure physics. You can actually go measure the ovens yourself and you can take a physics class or two as well. This is part of the reason the number of jews killed keeps getting lower.

There's many more, but lets start there. I'm not Jewish and I'm not German. I have no reason to have a bias either way. I simply want to know what really happened and I want to know exactly why you have this weird psychological barrier where you get angry when someone points out facts about this particular event and not others. Almost everyone else is like you. Programed to call me a denier simply because I accept facts. Don't assume you know what I believe.

If x,y, and z are all lies, why shouldn't we question a, b, and c? Perhaps they really happened, but idiots like you won't let an investigation take place because you're programed like good little sheep to scream at anyone who questions history for good reason.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
March 3, 1991 the New York Times obtained the German concentration camp records. These records indicated that just over 400,000 people died within the German prison system from 1935 to 1945. Many of these people died of diseases already rampant in the area, old age, and other reasons. That means that most of these people would have died anyway within this decade. In Auschwitz, 28,000 Jews were murdered, and another 40,000 of other races not currently receiving reparations. Not 6 million. If 400,000 people were to die of old age and disease within the US prison system in 1 decade, many of which are in there for false accusations or prison terms that far exceed reasonable punishment for their crimes, nobody would call that genocide, even if they were fed a sub-par diet which guarantees some of them get cancer and die early. To top that off, many of these people are in private prisons where they work long hours for 10 cents an hour so the prison CEO can make a huge profit. Nobody is calling this slavery and genocide.

So, why does everyone think the figure of 6 million is accurate? It's 28,000. Or 70,000 if you count other races as human beings too.

Why do we only feel bad for the Jews and allow reparations only for the Jews when other races were involved?

Why is it taboo to talk about this?
edit on 2-2-2013 by Human2 because: Missing information

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What about all of the confederate soldiers who were genocided in Chicago? How bout that one?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
What about all of the confederate soldiers who were genocided in Chicago? How bout that one?

Even better: How about the current middle eastern genocide occurring right now? For every 50 civilians "accidentally" killed, one "militant" is murdered. Militant is defined by the US military as any military aged male in a war zone, even without any evidence of wrong-doing. Iraq veterans are all over youtube talking about how they are being told to carry a spare ak47 in their vehicles in case they kill civilians. They call them drop weapons. They just place a weapon on dead bodies, sprinkle some wire on them, take a picture and call it a day.

The number of civilians murdered is far beyond the 28,000 jews murdered in the holocaust. And for the sake of Irony, this middle eastern genocide is a joint US/Israel effort.

Even more Ironic than that: look up the birth control Israel is forcing on people of Ethiopian descent. Eugenics!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Here are the facts:
1) Some of the "holocaust survivors" blatantly lied about many different things concerning the holocaust and made money doing so. The fact that you are completely unaware of this and calling me a "denier" for stating this fact just makes you look like an idiot.

"General Lucius Clay, the military governor of the US zone of occupied Germany, explained the lampshade story, 'Well, it turned out actually that it was goat flesh' "

3) The claim of 4 bodies per oven per hour is a myth. It could not have been more than 1 body per hour, based on pure physics. You can actually go measure the ovens yourself and you can take a physics class or two as well. This is part of the reason the number of jews killed keeps getting lower.

There's many more, but lets start there. I'm not Jewish and I'm not German. I have no reason to have a bias either way. I simply want to know what really happened and I want to know exactly why you have this weird psychological barrier where you get angry when someone points out facts about this particular event and not others. Almost everyone else is like you. Programed to call me a denier simply because I accept facts. Don't assume you know what I believe.

If x,y, and z are all lies, why shouldn't we question a, b, and c? Perhaps they really happened, but idiots like you won't let an investigation take place because you're programed like good little sheep to scream at anyone who questions history for good reason.

Ha! Please do not presume to make assumptions about what I know. If you bothered to read the original post of mine I stated I had my own reasons for remembering the Holocaust. I am not going to eleborate on what those reasons are as they are personal. But I will say I know things too and know all too well that the Holocuast happened. I have also read the history books and drawn my own conclusions.

I detest the assertion you keep making that Holocaust survivors are liars. That is deeply offensive and is a flagrant denial of the Holocaust and an affront to all those who died in the Holocaust. There is no denying the FACT that the Holocaust happened. I suggest you lean to deal with that very real fact and stop calling Holocaust surviors liars. In some countries that is actually a criminal offence.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Here are the facts:

Ha! Please do not presume to make assumptions about what I know. If you bothered to read the original post of mine I stated I had my own reasons for remembering the Holocaust. I am not going to eleborate on what those reasons are as they are personal. But I will say I know things too and know all too well that the Holocuast happened. I have also read the history books and drawn my own conclusions.

I detest the assertion you keep making that Holocaust survivors are liars. That is deeply offensive and is a flagrant denial of the Holocaust and an affront to all those who died in the Holocaust. There is no denying the FACT that the Holocaust happened. I suggest you lean to deal with that very real fact and stop calling Holocaust surviors liars. In some countries that is actually a criminal offence.

Why would you claim that everything holocaust survivors said was 100 percent true? Also, why do you keep saying I am a holocaust denier? I never said that I think the entire holocaust was a fraud. I just want to know why I can't question SOME things that happened, especially since much of it has been retracted by SCHOLARS.
See above posts.

If it wasn't for scholars and historians questioning CERTAIN PARTS of the holocaust, we would never know that the 6 million figure was a gross exaggeration and the human soap was a complete fraud. etc etc

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Human2

Even Libya was blamed for the Lockerie bombing only for people to find out that the people who gave evidence aainst him were paid 4 Million each.. I understand that the holocaust happened but there shouldn't be nothing wrong with questioning the official story. Sometimes the official story gets trashed...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Resorting to personal insults is no way to hold a debate, you have stated Holocaust survivors are liars. You are denying the Holocaust happened. Everyone can see what you have written. I have very real evidence that it did happen and have my own personal reasons for remembering. Calling me dumb and other personal insults is against this forums rules. I have done my own reading and research thank you. Dont force your agenda on me. This thread was meant to be remembering the Holocaust and not getting into a debate against those who call Holocaust survivors liars and deny things happened. The Nazis tried to hide what had happened and failed. I hardly think that the world will be convinced by your assertions. And as I have repeatedly said I have my own personal reasons which will remain personal.
edit on 3/2/13 by Wirral Bagpuss because: Amendment of post

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

edit on 3/2/13 by Wirral Bagpuss because: removed by me

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

The insults and off topic posts stop now.

You Will Be Post Banned.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Wouldn't calling me a "denier" be an insult? Especially since that is not my position and I have made that clear 4 times?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join