It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked

www.bbc.co.uk

The millions of Jews and others killed during the Holocaust are to be remembered in services across the UK, as part of Holocaust Memorial Day.

Candles will be lit at ceremonies in London and at the National Memorial Arboretum on the 68th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz.

More than one million people, mostly Jews, died at the Nazi camp before it was liberated by allied troops in 1945.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.itv.com

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Lest we forget. I'd like to take a moment for us all to pause and remember those who were murdered by the Nazis in WW2, millions died due to racial and ideological beliefs. I have never visited any of the camps as I live too far away but I have read up on things and have personal reasons for doing so.

When I look around at the world today I am saddened to think that this could all happen again. To other people. Have we not leant anything? Why cant the world take stock and realise we are all one human race? We have seen crimes against humanity in Bosina, Rhwanda, Tibet, Burma, North Korea, againat the Palestinians need I go on?

I am ashamed to think that far from honouring the memory of those murdered we are dishonouring them by allowing this mass slaughter to go on albiet in different forms.

However I hope everyone takes a few moments today to remember those who were burnt in the ovens, gassed in the gas chambers or simply shot.

We should never EVER forget. Today my candle is lit for ALL those who died in the concentration camps and to those who survived.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I will pay my respect to the Jews who were slaughtered in Germany but when it comes to their overlords afterwards (Zionism), I would rather spit in their eye. I cannot help but think they contributed somehow to the Holocaust and what they did in Palestine only years later only raises my suspicion. That part of history needs to be studied more. I think we are missing critical information which could give us a different view of what actually happened. So to the victims, yes it saddens me to know somethin like that even took place but to the people who had the slighest influence in the atrocity, I hope that you find your way to hell somehow.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

edit on 27-1-2013 by jazzguy because: post redacted by the jewish council

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
how come its a jewish day? werent there also blacks, cripples and gays, who went to the camps?
i guess the jews have more money to spend on this stuff

It does say "Jews and others". I thought it was a bit arrogant but then I realised we aren't talking about the war, just the holocaust.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
We must remember these things. It is vital that we do, in the event that the spectre of hatred should rise once again, and attempt to take power under the banner of xenophobia. We must remember why our ancestors fought and killed and died. In my opinion, it is vital to keep these things in mind also, because this was the time when war WAS just, when the fight WAS worth having, when the moral and ethical arguement against war became moot in the face of abomination and horror, of a scale and type which defied any to look upon it without scorn and a sick feeling in the gut.

We remember these things, so that we keep in mind the need to prevent them occurring in the future. We remember them to keep the memories of those who died in that war, in those camps, alive. We remember them, because to forget them, is to cast the human race into a future which only contains suffering, tyranny, and hatred. We must never forget, because in doing so, we will doom our species.

As much as this is a time to remember, it is also a time to consider the future, to shepherd the next generation away from the vile error of hatred, and toward positives, like love, respect for ones fellow man, equality and freedom. Those of us who owe our freedom to the sacrifices made in yesteryear, must carry the banner of that freedom forward, and never let it fall.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
That part of history needs to be studied more. I think we are missing critical information which could give us a different view of what actually happened.

Revisionist history is what you want. You don't want to believe the truth. There are many like you, and there has been efforts to change that history.

When a truth is too hard to accept or believe people tend to invent more plausible explanations, and/or alternative theories. Which is, in part why conspiracy theories are so popular.

Maybe one day the holocaust can be completely rewritten and dismissed as a great lie, maybe there will be enough people like you who will accept that version of history. Maybe there will again come a time where the Jews are so hated that millions of them again can be exterminated. Maybe history is doomed to repeat itself one way or another, perhaps sooner than later.

Maybe humanity's evils are so great that as a whole, it just isn't worth saving?

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Well said.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
Revisionist history is what you want. You don't want to believe the truth. There are many like you, and there has been efforts to change that history.

I just re-read your post and your right.. It is something I would do but thats just me. I have already done a little research and everything I see useful, I will keep. Now I am not denying it happened, the NAZIS weren't behind it but I find it interesting the players who were around at the time and Zionists are the first thing that comes to mind. Not only were they friends with the NAZI's, they also took them on tour through Palestine at some stage so I think maybe that part of issue could be something worth researching. I'm not denying the official story but I'm sure more could be brought to the surface also.
edit on 27-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

So people can't explore alternatives because the official story is the absolute truth? Cmon, really? So much was happening at that point in time, many things could fit the story and that goes all the way back before WW1. Your pretty much saying, "it happened" deal with it whether you are right and its the truth or even a little bit wrong.

Which part is a "little bit wrong"?

Enlighten us, please.

In this particular case, the abundance of evidence should be enough.

That said, explore until you find the truth you are seeking. Ultimately the only truth that exists is that which YOU are willing to believe. The only truth that matters is the absolute.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

I just changed the post, i re-read what you said and took it out of context

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

I think we all agree NAZIs were responisble... Its a draw.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

reply to post by tinhattribunal

I think we all agree NAZIs were responisble... Its a draw.

i was under the impression that Adolph was a Rothschild with the full backing of the Vatican, the Crown, and the military arm ... Washington D.C.

they couldn't all be Nazi's, could they?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
i was under the impression that Adolph was a Rothschild with the full backing of the Vatican, the Crown, and the military arm ... Washington D.C.

they couldn't all be Nazi's, could they?

Now where did you hear that because I have heard something very similar
edit on 27-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Clearly they dont state the part where it says that the Zionists movement refused to help the Orthodox Jews that wanted out of Germany but not to Palestine, the Zionists only helped other Zionists to get to Palestine, but in the same case where an Orthodox Jew just wanted to flee to Britian for example was refused help, only because his ideology was against Zionist ideology in regards to the 'return to the holy land'.

Thus the Zionists hit 2 birds with 1 stone

1. They have managed to gather all their supporters in Palestine just in time for a so called Jewish state
2. They eliminated the biggest obstacle which was Orthodox Judaism (doing so by pressuring Germany with sanctions, sabotage, and threats which in return caused Germany to take it out on the poor Jews, most of whom had nothing to do with the international jewry/zionism.)

Had the Third Reich been more rational and understanding they would have turned the entire situation to their advantage.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Lest we forget. I'd like to take a moment for us all to pause and remember those who were murdered by the Nazis in WW2, millions died due to racial and ideological beliefs. I have never visited any of the camps as I live too far away but I have read up on things and have personal reasons for doing so. 

Racial reasons? I don't think so. Ideological beliefs? You really need to think how ignorant that sounds. It sounds lkke a facade to mask pseudo intellectualism.
So was the blood shed over French & American Revolutions fought over ideology? How about constitutional law is it ideology?

You read about the holocaust or wwii for personal reasons? Ever read the documentary historian Anthony Sutton?

That war was fought over financial reasons.
edit on 27-1-2013 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Its too bad, for only a moment that the World cant mark this time with its silence. Its too bad people have to bring up Zionism, Revisionist History, and make it into something its not. Less we forget.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

edit on 27-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: DP

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

No question this attrocity should be remembered.
But have we learned enough to prevent something similar from happening again?
Sadly not it seems to me.

We could have colonies on Mars and beyond by now,while also feeding the entire world and providing clean water for all if we had spent the same money on that instead of developing new ways to destroy one another.

Will we ever learn?

edit on 27/1/2013 by Silcone Synapse because: moving words around

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join