It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS wants 7,000 AR-15s

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The department of homeland security wants 7,000 PDWs (personal defense weapons)
AKA "assault weapons" when owned by civilians.

yup 7,000 "select fire" rifles and 30 round magazines to boot.

i guess select fire (full auto) is good for DHSs' personal defense, but semi-auto is just way to much for we the peoples' personal defense.

theblaze.co m

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
so if we dont need them.. why do they...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

WOW....Just WOW.....Thats not fair, we can't have them, but they can???? WTF
Oh, and God Forbid if they are semi auto, they will have to work a little bit..... Hey I want a job with the DHS so I can get one!!!!!!! I'll even take a semi auto, I'm not afraid to break a sweat......pfft....Sh1t

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Of course they do . . . and a ten year supply of .223 to keep off of the selves for consumers.

This is getting ridiculous and seems to be progressing faster than I expected.

Time to stock up the mountain strong-hold and refresh the b.o.b.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
There is the answer. Tell them we don't want "assault weapons", we just want the same "personal defense weapons" that they want. That should be fair.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hey . . . At least they are not ordering Kriss Vectors for the PDW . . . that could get ugly for a lot of people.

OBTW - it's raining here - 2nd.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
People need to keep in mind that the DHS also now includes the US Coast Guard. The USCG needs those weapons for drug interdiction, combating piracy etc etc.
USCG

I truly think they are not intended for use against Citizens.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
People need to keep in mind that the DHS also now includes the US Coast Guard. The USCG needs those weapons for drug interdiction, combating piracy etc etc.
USCG

I truly think they are not intended for use against Citizens.

oh, i'am sure they won't be intended for use on civilians.

not today anyhow.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm sure they'll get them too, and we'll pay for them.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for government and illegal for the citizen.

An AR15 is semi-auto. What these people are getting is actually the M4.
edit on 26-1-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm left thinking about what that does to the market of such things? I'm no pro on this topic but it would seem that even as few as 7k might hurt the supply line some and perhaps raise the price a little? I'm sure I am way off, will try to find some facts.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
A PDW is to an an AR-15 kind of what a "sawed off shotgun" is to a regular shotgun. Here is a review of one..

Gun Review: FN SCAR PDW

As they say - a PDW is....

Personal Defense Weapons fill a niche. They’re a compact weapon that packs a bigger punch than a pistol, especially in close quarters situations (clearing rooms, the back of a crowded APC, etc).

Think a compact AR for killing people in very close quarters. Of course, being compact it would be easier to conceal as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I hear what people are saying and its hypocritical for the government to ask for these items when the people are soon not even allowed to own these weapons... shoot we cant own what they are asking for now!

A marksmen can do more damage with a semi auto then they can do with a Fully auto weapon.

It is time for the people to take back their rights and power from the federal government! It is time for a Constitutional Party! F*ck the Dems and Reps!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Ok...So they want FN P90s.. Which are very illegal for the population to own without NFA licensing and huge taxes.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am a huge fan of the 2nd Amendment. But I am going to take a logic stance on this one.

If the Military has rocket launchers should the citizens have them also?
If the military has M320 grenade launchers should the Citizens have them also?

I am pissed about the gun grab, no doubt about it. However it is my opinion that the logic of "If they have them" we should have them" is flawed. Such arguments only give more ammunition to the grabbers.....

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The hypocrisy never ends:

DHS is asking for the 7,000 “select-fire” firearms because they are “suitable for personal defense use in close quarters.”

Yes Yes you peons guns should only be in the hands of government and the police they are dangerous in your hands, but not theirs!.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

While doing LEOs down south, we used CG and DEA was the norm. By the time the boarding crew was ready, the dope was usaully gone but we would sink their craft and bring them back to the ship all zipped up. Not much gun play, usually just using a mounted 50 cal. to destroy the craft so it would sink. Dea count 1-2, boarding crew 4-6 (USN) and 1-2 Cutters(CG) were the trackers and assisted in the run down and retrieval of any bales that were still floating.
Believe me, by the time these guys get stopped and were boarded......they usually needed a change of underwear.
BTW DEA were there for legal....when they weren't getting sea sick.......hey it happens.

Jus' Sayin'

spez

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
I am a huge fan of the 2nd Amendment. But I am going to take a logic stance on this one.

If the Military has rocket launchers should the citizens have them also?
If the military has M320 grenade launchers should the Citizens have them also?
Yes and Yes. We should have exactly the same weapons that the police/military have.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Those or something similar. Here is Section C of the RFP that describes what they want (PDF) Here is the Full RFP

In Section C it states -

DHS and its components have a requirement for a 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense use in close quarters and/or when maximum concealment is required.

So yeah, something like this...

is what they are looking for..

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I actually don't think we need the same weapons. A sweet AR-15? You bet. The point I was trying to make is that we as citizens will never have or need the same weapons. We need personal defense weapons, no doubt. However no matter how big a gun you have nor how much ammo you can hoard will stop a Hellfire Missile should the Government decide you are too well dug in.

The only way (or chance) to beat back the gun grabbers is with logical arguments. Start telling people we need the same weapons as the Military and you are simply going to bolster their argument.

With your logic we all need drones (;

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join