It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pull up your pants" or Face Fines.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I know how to stop this outrageous law and stop the kids from wearing their pants that way.

When my eldest son started that idiotic trend, I waited until he had friends over.

Then I wore my pants that way.

Never again did any child walk into my house wearing their pants that way. My son even asked to buy a belt!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There goes another freedom! Gone! Bye bye!

What next, mini skirts, cargo pants (you can hide guns in them ones).

3 months jail for exposing your belly button.

Where does it end.

I hate baggy pants like a lot of people, but a law! No!

Absolutely not!

P

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
There goes another freedom! Gone! Bye bye!

What next, mini skirts, cargo pants (you can hide guns in them ones).

3 months jail for exposing your belly button.

Where does it end.

I hate baggy pants like a lot of people, but a law! No!

Absolutely not!

P

Please, don't give them any ideas.......
[sarcasm]
These law makers must not have much to do if they are concerned over clothing attire.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I know how to stop this outrageous law and stop the kids from wearing their pants that way.

When my eldest son started that idiotic trend, I waited until he had friends over.

Never again did any child walk into my house wearing their pants that way. My son even asked to buy a belt!

"Visual Impairment"...............yep, that should do the trick!!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

My buddy took his stepson to the mall and let him run around. With just one condition, wear a belt. Well Craig saw his kid an hour or so later, no belt..... Well Craig made him take off the pants and spend the rest of the afternoon walking around in just his boxers. I was laughing my ass off. Funny how half a pair of boxers is "cool" no pants at all? Well that's just funny!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
reply to post by jiggerj

No the law should not force them to hide their underwear. That should be up to a community. Wanna dress like a thug? Live in Thugville. But if you want to hang out in nice places with successful people pull the pants up!

Although I have to admit since it seems like communities are unable to regulate the sagging fools. When communities fail it is up to individuals. I contribute by refusing to hire them.

Is it the 'Thug' look these kids are going for? I was told the droopy pants originated in prison. When an inmate is told someone wants to rape him, if he leaves his pants up it means he's not bending over without a fight. If he walks around with his pants drooping it means he will accept what's about to happen to him and become someone's girlfriend.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Damn, you must be older than me! It actually originated in poor neighborhoods and was the result of wearing your big brothers hand me downs. At least that is what I heard.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I thought looking like a retard would be punishment enough. Ass long as nothing is showing though I dont see why they need to fine people over it. Its a bit ridiculous, whats next a fine for having your ears gauged?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
there are far more important issues in the modern world than baggy trousers. legislation of this sort is a step onto the slippery slope that leads to a bad place.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I just don't get the feeling that "the state" is going out of its way to arrest idiots sagging their pants. This was a PSA from a mental health agency. To me, I think there are probably some "public indecency" laws that the PSA is drawing on to get these folks to stop looking so idiotic.

Always wondered how, when the pants get to a certain low point, do they keep them on. Double stick tape?

Glad we live in a fairly small rural school. Kids told me a new kid just joined 7th grade here. He's wearing his pants down, showing his underwear, big fake diamond studs in his ears. Classmates reactions fell into two statements: "Does he not own a belt?" or "Why haven't the teachers told him to pull his pants up?".

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Than don't look.

I don't like seeing fat or ugly people walking around. Should all the fat and ugly people be sent to jail or fined?

You can't miss seeing someone showing their ass walking around like that, blocks out the sun

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It was a fad that thankfully is losing some of its momentum with teens here. However very thin, straight as a reed types usually have to wear boxing shorts and things underneath because they're pants naturally do this.

However, no police officer would ever tell my son what to wear or me, and I'd tear his fines in his face, actually refuse to even give him a name to put on the fine, for its unlawful legislation and therefore he has no business stopping someone but I would get his name, because if anything ever came out of it I'd be chewing up the line of command. Public servants SERVE WITH A SMILE ON THEIR FACE. And its something they really need to be reminded of. They're but employees there to protect our sovereign infinite inalienable rights and prevent real crimes and that would include fascism from elected representatives. It's illegal to enforce an unlawful legislation that is not backed by the constitution. The constitution determines law.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So if you have jeans, boxers and y-fronts on and expose the boxers are you showing you under pants?

What if there are not boxers but coloured shorts is it a fine for the viewer having a dirty mind or is it a fine for not conforming?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by puzzled2
So if you have jeans, boxers and y-fronts on and expose the boxers are you showing you under pants?

What if there are not boxers but coloured shorts is it a fine for the viewer having a dirty mind or is it a fine for not conforming?

We used to wear boxers as shorts all summer. And if I was young I'd still be doing it. That is us girls I mean.

Many a time I had my sons in them too while growing up.

Oh and I was embarrassed by the droopy pants syndrome as I called it, but oh well. Wasnt a life and death issue, so it didn't matter.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Pants on the Ground

Pants on the ground
Pants on the ground
Lookin’ like a fool with yo pants on the ground
With yo gold in yo mouth
Hat turned sideways, pants hit the ground
Call yourself a cool cat, lookin like a fool
Walkin’ downtown with your pants on the ground
Get it up, hey, get your pants off the ground
Walkin’, talkin’ with your pants on the ground
Get it up, hey, get your pants on the ground
Lookin’ like a fool with your pants on the ground
Gold in your mouth
Hat turned sideways
Call yourself a cool cat, yeah, lookin’ like a fool
Walkin’, talkin’ with your pants on the ground
Boom, boom, pants on the ground
Lookin’ like a fool with your pants on the ground
With your gold in your mouth
Hat turned sideways, pants hit the ground
Call yourself a cool cat

I don't think Jail Time would help. A fine would mean less money for belts or better fitting jeans.

edit on 27-1-2013 by NeverMind2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm saddened by how many people, some ATS'ers included, who think that it is somehow "their"
business to dictate to others how they should dress or present themselves.

What amazing arrogance and pitiful self-importance. Go ahead and have your opinion, be vocal,
"vote with your feet" and "not" hire someone based on what you believe should be correct
fashion...but to legislate that?...and to agree with it? No way....

Busybody do-gooder Gladys Kravitz types should go down to the "Business Store" and buy
some of their own to keep their minds occupied

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
fashion police ???
surely they aren't serious ?

if so, all i can say to this is .... S H A R I A creep ... and if you don't see it, open your eyes.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Now i personally don't think this is an issue for law enforcement, however
have you SEEN some of the completely hideous things folks wear at fashion
shows? now THAT deserves a fine lol. Sad fact is this is the kind of thing
people think is important when in all reality its just that they don't like it,
another case of one persons dislike being translated into law

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Look at those hippies in their dungarees.
Look at that hair. Is that a boy or a girl.
And that Rock and Roll Devil music.
What's wrong with today s youth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join