It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child labor uncovered at Apple.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wow if you thought it could not get worse for this company it just did. I wonder how many people are going to be selling on Monday?

Apple has discovered multiple cases of child labour in its supply chain, including one Chinese company that employed 74 children under the age of 16, in the latest controversy over the technology giant's manufacturing methods.

Full article

Another huge labor agency, Quanshun Human Resources, forced parents of young children to forge papers in order to cover for its underage workers. While 95 percent of the factories Apple audited had no signs of child labor, the other 5 percent include more sordid stories.

Full Article

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, but it seemed like a social issue to me.Maybe technology?

edit on 25-1-2013 by T4NG0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I wonder if it's an Apple problem or a China problem? When child labor is endemic across the entire national labor force and actual forced labor is not at all unheard of, I'd fault Apple for it's choice to locate in China in the first place but what can they really do?

If a company can operate within China under U.S. "legal standards" for how the company functions, I apologize, but as I understand law in Mainland China for business operations? Apple isn't 100% in control of anything at their facilities there?

Perhaps they could look at Taiwan or Singapore? I'd say America, but business is still in an exodus and no one seems at all interested in coming back here any time soon.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well it seems to be an APPLE thing, to be installing suicide nets under their forced 18 hour day labor prisons, not the common news, seems its them involved as opposed to another corporation getting this publicity.

I'll never buy an apple product willingly that I can help and I think they deserve some good retraining after earth school is done, so maybe they'll start to think that the actual harm they do to others, THEY ARE DOING TO THEMSELVES!

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 25-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
First the Foxcon suicide factories and now this... can't be good for Apple.
Especially on a day when their share price is the lowest it's been in over a year.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I hope every single company pulling these shinanigans crash and burn. I will never support a company with my money, that I know uses some form of slave-like labour, that much I know. Not all that easy to find out who does it though

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It looks like you're going to get your wish. Apple has lost so much market share to Android they now have the minority of smartphone market share. Also, when companies start resorting to constant frivolous litigation as a means of competing, it's usually a bad sign for the future of that company and means that internally they don't have a very positive outlook on their own future.

I correctly predicted three months ago that this would happen. Slightly off topic, but it was when I saw their commercial with the orchestra where they're talking about noise cancellation (a technology that's been around for decades) as if it's some innovative new idea, is when I knew to stick a fork in em and say "they're done!"
edit on 25-1-2013 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
And thats the reason they the worlds second most expensive share, number one being Exxon.

Love it though, LOVE IT

Gotta have ALL my apple gadgets, even if buying them is supporting child exploitation. But hey its not my kids down those rare earth mines and on the production lines, MY kids have apple toys THEY LOVE IT.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
lol, I would love to see that advertisement.

iChild it just works.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
As if the fact that Apple, an American company, refuses to hire American employees and would rather hire slaves in Asia wasn't enough, now, apparently, they're hiring children as well.

I think we should all continue to bow down and worship the ground that Steve Jobs walked on. Let's make movies and equate him with the likes of Einstein for giving us slave made trinkets and shipping our jobs to China.

I can't wait for my new touch phone that I can touch together with other touch phones! Did I say touch enough? That's so much more important than things like, you know, the economy, double-digit unemployment or, gasp, slavery.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This thread needs to get alot more attention. Its one of the more important ones. Its the karma we are allowing by not making stands that gives them the permissions to tighten the screws on their NWO plans.

Because we let our companies go overseas, and do this. How? By buying their products! By not making really big stands and writing in and phoning in by the millions! By not making the exportation of jobs to slave jobs and child labor (and it amounts to child slave labor) overseas instead of contributing in your country and paying good wages a major election platform! By not saying, OK, no one is answering our letters, they lied when elected them, so passing the hat and setting up local competition (free enterprise remember) and buying from our own businesses who pledge to stay locally and support our economies!

We're giving permissions.

top topics

join