It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soo, what about the truth...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If i ask, what is 1+1...
I can asume someone come here and say... 2

Sure, i can relate to that. And i can asume its true.

But, what if i ask, Who killed JFK??

Or

Have we been visited by alien lifeforms from other planets?

Or

Is faster than lighttravel possible?

Has the truth become irrelevant?
In court we dont want the truth, we want justice.
If justice means a lie, so be it.

Lies, deception, fake, greed, hate. All these things are more important than
the truth. Some will come here and say, can you handle the truth. How could
i possibly know that.

If trhuth have lost its meaning and importanse..
Whats the point...

Whats the point?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Well math is a different kind of truth, and can be verified by many other sources far more easily. Other truths are not that simply, and there's a lot of work putting into coverups and disinformation when it comes to revealing them.

Just look at society today, almost everything we do, want, think or believe in is a well thought lie which we have been programmed to hold. What about free energy? Cure for cancer? When there's interest of power and money, truth gets distorted. The more I come across, the more I realize our own life was one big lie since birth. We lie to our own kids (Santa anyone?), and then expect them to be honest. Is this a world of truth? Or full of deception?

Truth has a point, just like lies has a point. But in our world, truth is harder to come across.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If we attained full truth, we would lift ourselves up and no longer seek it. Could you imagine humankind no longer seeking truth? Can you ever remember a moment in history where humankind wasn't seekers of truth?

Ralph Waldo Emerson said in Intellect, "God offers to every mind it's choice between truth and repose. Take which you please - you can never have both."

Unfortunately you and I, and our children's children, find ourselves alive in a time where most choose repose. Like immature rebellious teens, we think and do as we please. It is the cost of freedom. And we all have it and no one can take it away - no matter what anyone else tells you. You are free to believe what you want to believe. Just as everyone else.

Peace,
Cirque

join