It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must unite

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I need to add this with the OP's video:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

The answer is a resounding YES!!! Next question...

Would you at ALL COSTS DEFEND IT ?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you for your original posting; I had not seen the message (or character in the video featured before).
I found the "breakdown" to be simply succinct and it opened my eyes as never before even though I've been reciting the Pledge for several years now.

However, I am not understanding how we are supposed to unite?

There have been some suggestions included in this thread-- but realistically how many are feasible in making a difference?

Peace in the effort and apathy within makes me want to learn more.

link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by olaru12

The answer is a resounding YES!!! Next question...

Would you at ALL COSTS DEFEND IT ?

As a vet, I feel like I already have! I don't however think I could pick up arms against my fellow AMERICANS.

Will you? Is that the question?
edit on 25-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
It's this partisan bull-poop that continues to divide us!

If you want to ally yourself to just a single partisan ideology and forsake the Constitution, then we will ALL know where you stand when the chips fly.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Right back at you stud !

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes sir the constitution is definately not a red or blue thing it is an apoltical thing it is a yellow and black thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

With all due respect, how do you not forsake (or stand for) the Constitution in these days?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can't think of better place to start then right here at home.

Everything happens locally to us, and local groups can put together incredible projects in cost-efficient plans that circumvent a lot of ever-growing red tape. On the other hand, pick your fellow members well, because there's a lot of sketchy individuals that support the all-too-easy path of corruption and could act as dormant betrayers among you. Especially if yours is a successful project, or project in the making. May I suggest promoting similar aims, but let those you aren't sure about keep a healthy divisioning from you.

So many marraiges break up and end in utter hatreds, because incompatable loves, truths, and lifestyles didn't overlap successfully. How about among a band of oppressed survivalists? The odds are against any successful unity among those with disimilar aims. So ask them to choose their side early on. I personally don't want to end up hanging out with defilers in the long run, or anyone failing any of Judas's thirty lessons.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I need to add this with the OP's video:

The Duke! It is interesting to note that John Wayne pretty much ruled Hollywood until his death in 1979. After his death Hollywood went to hell in a hand basket. I have to think that if he were still alive we would not be in the mess we are in.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

I can only hope a few are as wise as the words you often speak that's for G-D sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmiccatapult
reply to post by beezzer

With all due respect, how do you not forsake (or stand for) the Constitution in these days?

It starts with the individual. An adherence to not just talking about freedoms but expressing them. Assemble freely, it's your right.

Bear arms if you wish, it's your right.

Vote if you wish. It's your right.

If we don't use the freedoms we were born with, we will have them taken away.

Defend free speech. Even speech you don't agree with.

Take responsibility for your actions.

Ceding personal responsibility for your safety, security, health, finances to the government might be safe, but at what cost?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone of you have noticed the difference between this thread and all the other call to rebellion threads.
Besides the obvious wording there is none. Not that this is a call to rebellion but that maybe the calls to rebellion
really aren't either ? If you can follow me on that you've definitely done me service.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If I can follow it right, we're trying to unite (thread topic and a damned good one) versus pointing out and focusing on the partisan differences.

Basically saying, "Leave your hate at the door. We're here to bring Americans together to focus on an element that we can all agree on."

(Did I get it right?)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

It starts with the individual. An adherence to not just talking about freedoms but expressing them. Assemble freely, it's your right.

Bear arms if you wish, it's your right.

Vote if you wish. It's your right.

If we don't use the freedoms we were born with, we will have them taken away.

Defend free speech. Even speech you don't agree with.

Take responsibility for your actions.

Ceding personal responsibility for your safety, security, health, finances to the government might be safe, but at what cost?

Sounds reasonable to me (all above) but who wouldn't agree with personal expression of rights? Was this all the original poster meant when s/he suggested uniting?

TY

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

(Did I get it right?)

Well it would've been more fun if you waited Beezer til a few got it wrong.

But yes my good man that is and should be our aspiration here.

edit on 25-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
"It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace – but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

Patrick Henry

He got it, and is one of the reasons America gained it's freedom. It was men like Patrick Henry that shaped America's bullheaded,no guts,no glory, go to hell attitude's. They have served us well.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by BubbaJoe

My thought is, what do we unite behind?

The Constitution!

If we can’t agree on that then we’re doomed! Anyone who infringes on our rights or doesn’t support the constitution is the bad guy.

Even our founding fathers couldn't agree on the constitution, but they compromised, and brought our country to fruition. Even if that meant that persons of color only counted for 3/5th of a person, only white males were allowed to vote, and women didn't count for anything. They even knew that the original constitution wouldn't stand as written, and quickly added 10 amendments to it, thus we have the Bill of Rights. Over the course of over two hundred years, our constitution has been interpreted many 100's of times over by our own Supreme Court. Even then it has been amended an additional 17 times, including one that repealed a past amendment.

What I am seeing in the here and now is the idea of everything is Black and White, and that is simply not true. If that were the case, we would have no need for a supreme court, and if you had a majority you could do anything you wanted. Whether any of us like it or not, our Constitution is some what ambiguous, and sometimes requires a ruling by the supreme court. The idea of no compromise has no place in the world of government. Our government was constitutionally elected, but yet some want to hold the constitution up as a shield against obeying the laws that the legally elected government passed. I find it all somewhat ironic in both idea and presentation.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Sounds reasonable to me (all above) but who wouldn't agree with personal expression of rights? Was this all the original poster meant when s/he suggested uniting?

TY

There are sides to this issue.

On one side there is the government and the people who advocate for the government. In terms of the 2nd Amendment, they want to turn a "Right" into a "Privilege" offered by the government.

Take the 1st Amendment. What they want to do to the 2nd is this, they claim that you would have free speech, but before you talk, they want to do a background check, look at what you want to say, and give you their interpretation of what you could say.

On the other side are the people that recognize that with freedom comes risks and responsibilities. Personal responsibilities.
If someone violates that right? Then their right is forfeited. The person should be punished.

But we should not punish a entire population just because a few have violated their rights.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

(Did I get it right?)

The DEVIL dreams on an idle horse.

Patrick Henry was true blue American.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join