It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must unite

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by BubbaJoe

My thought is, what do we unite behind?

The Constitution!

If we can’t agree on that then we’re doomed! Anyone who infringes on our rights or doesn’t support the constitution is the bad guy.

Cool, we're united behind the constitution.........now what?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by randyvs

No, no, More in the line of the communist debacle after WWII. If they cause a Civil War and lose scenario. I really doubt America will resort to Civil War though. Just saying, If it did happen and they did lose. Anything could happen. Americans love their Constitution. I think cops would actually side with the Constitution as it is today. I know a few cops. I doubt they would confiscate guns here anyway.

You doubt ? You're off your chair pal. They're the biggest gun grabbers going and I'm positive they're frothing at the mouth over this. I've seen it time after time.
edit on 25-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by seabag

So, you think it is perfectly patriotic to want to rebel against our Constitutionally elected government because you are in the minority and you don't agree with what they are doing?

Sounds like you are the tyrant, not the government that the American people have elected.

The people did not elect this current government the electoral college does and since no state has an equal vote is tyranny by few.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by seabag

So, you think it is perfectly patriotic to want to rebel against our Constitutionally elected government because you are in the minority and you don't agree with what they are doing?

Sounds like you are the tyrant, not the government that the American people have elected.

The people did not elect this current government the electoral college does and since no state has an equal vote is tyranny by few.

If Mitt had been elected would you feel the same way? Is there something else involved here?
edit on 25-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

First call the cops out to your house and report your guns have been stolen.When they come for them they'll have that on record and hopefully that will suffice.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
Does the rest of the world get to unite?, or is this just for American citizens?

Its a

effect
on the worlds

so has to start somewhere, and hopefully will be experienced by all. to better co exist here on EA*

edit on 1/25/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

If Mitt had of been elected would you feel the same way?

Strawman he wasn't.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by olaru12

If Mitt had of been elected would you feel the same way?

Strawman he wasn't.

Don't play games with me. You know it was a rhetorical question!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Yeah someone is playing games trolling games considering I said the electoral college decides elections no state has equal representation/votes and someone tried to play the political trolling card.

Doesn't matter who the hell won.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Those of us who support the constitution need to see to it that those who don’t are not elected to office. The ones that are in office already need to be removed from office.

Unfortunately we’re not all united behind the constitution. Not only are there millions of Americans who want to change the constitution (or throw it out completely) but we also have elected state and federal officials who are violating it as we speak.

This is the greatest divide we face right now IMO; those who support and defend our rights and those who willing give up rights.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

That may be, I am not a child of the 50's, well if you count conception, I am. While many older Americans look back and see a kinder, gentler time, that is not the vision of the 50's that younger people see. I grew up in the 60's and fondly look back on that time as well, and grew up in a pretty much "Leave it to Beaver" lifestyle. That being said, historically, I look back and realize it was not as idyllic as my childhood memories would lead me to believe.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by olaru12

First call the cops out to your house and report your guns have been stolen.When they come for them they'll have that on record and hopefully that will suffice.

Filing a false police report is a felony. And I see my local cops at the range all the time. How would that look? I even drink with them on occasion; they know me...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

If Mitt had been elected would you feel the same way? Is there something else involved here?

Interesting to speculate.

If Mitt was elected, would you be protesting the gun-control?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Interesting to speculate.

If Mitt was elected, would you be protesting the gun-control?

I'm a member of the NRA for God sake. I'm not in favor of gun control...where did you get that? I own a collection of antique weapons dating back to the civil war plus some very modern pieces.

Admitted I lean very left on social issues. But just because I don't buy Rushes BS lock stock and barrel doesn't make me your enemy.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'm a member of the NRA for God sake. I'm not in favor of gun control...where did you get that? I own a collection of antique weapons dating back to the civil war plus some very modern pieces.

You subtly accuse us of racism or of partisanship yet are outraged when I turn the tables.

Hmm

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

The laws of a gov. that wants to take away my rights no longer apply to me. As far as your friends go and " keeping up appearances" that's on you personally. I doubt they would be the ones taking the report. And your first offense would be dropped to a misdemeanor and they have no way of busting you're naive ass anyway. Grow some.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You subtly accuse us of racism or of partisanship yet are outraged when I turn the tables.

Hmm

What? I'm not outraged. I can debate without calling folks a "people like you" and getting emotionally involved and insulting.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Hmm

What? I'm not outraged. I can debate without calling folks a "people like you" and getting emotionally involved and insulting.

And yet you feign outrage ad obfuscate when the question is directed at you.

You still didn't answer the speculative question.
edit on 25-1-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Admitted I lean very left on social issues. But just because I don't buy Rushes BS lock stock and barrel doesn't make me your enemy.

And you assume we do?

If I recall correctly it was you who interjected politics into this thread (it certainly wasn't me). The constitution is for all Americans but since you want to go there, there is a certain political party whose members are pushing this attack against the second.

I won't name names!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Hmm

And yet you feign outrage ad obfuscate when the question is directed at you.

You still didn't answer the speculative question.
edit on 25-1-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

If the speculative question is...Do I support the Constitution as it is written?

The answer is a resounding YES!!! Next question...

If this thread is just going to turn into a pissing match; I'm gonna get bored soon...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join