It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must unite

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer112358

But, I won't derail your thread. I'm leaving now.

No worries there. But such fantasies as the one you choose to gravitate towards, you should realize as an adult, will never come to fruition. Not under the current conditions of mans heart. It is that which must change first. And to acheive that on your own ? Hah ! That would take a God.
edit on 25-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

reply to post by seabag

Seabag that pic is truly hysterical. Lmao

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
How many people that are so adament about pledging their allegiance to a flag are also talking about Rebellion or Secession in other threads?

Am I the only one that finds this ironic?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Truth!

The government wants us to fight and bicker.

Uniting would be the antithesis of what they want!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much. I have never seen a Liberal idea/law/program that didn't backfire. They lack critical thinking skills. They think with their emotions instead of their heads. They give no consideration to long term unintended consequences. Like all the talk of a gun ban resulted in a gun buying frenzy. There are plenty of examples but I'm sure you have seen them too. If they miscalculate and lose, the repercussions will be horrendous for them.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
I wouldn't worry too much. I have never seen a Liberal idea/law/program that didn't backfire. They lack critical thinking skills. They think with their emotions instead of their heads. They give no consideration to long term unintended consequences. Like all the talk of a gun ban resulted in a gun buying frenzy. There are plenty of examples but I'm sure you have seen them too. If they miscalculate and lose, the repercussions will be horrendous for them.

You mean like the possibility of a lot of dead cops. Dead cops do to the result of gun runners who's present day culture is of the get rich or die try'in ilk ? Who will seek to gain the same way the Kennedy's supposedly did ? Instead of running whiskey they'll be running guns with a do or die attitude ? The police just weren't made to think things thru in my opinion. That is their type of human. Follow the leader in a lust for power and then when they get it they realize their in a mess they just can't handle.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Great thread, it has been a whie since i have seen that..

i was sadened a little when he said "What if they considered it
a prayer and removed it from schools"...
It's just what they did..
I remember saying the pledge every morning, before anything took place.

I think for America, that is a big part of what has changed, kids now days have
no idea what it means to be patriotic, or how deep those few words can reach.
I also think that removing that has helped lead us into the "Me" society that we
are now.

We need to get back to what we had as a country in the 50's, and rebuild our pride
in what we can offer others. Only then will we start to move in the right direction.

Sadly, we will either change and go back to the old ways on our own, or by force.
The youth of today may learn first hand what those words mean, and may find out what
it means to give your life for your country.

The braveheart scene has always stuck with me. Freedom is not Free,
one has to stand up and take action to remain free. Failure to do so will
end up as many countries have over the years. Germany for instance.

But it's america, they will never win over our citizens. We have the fire power
to stay in control, and even if they try a gun grab, A- it wont work and B- enough will
have guns tucked away for one last battle to right the wrongs.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

From what i have read, they are talking about rebelling aginst the govt
not the flag or the country.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

How many people that are so adament about pledging their allegiance to a flag are also talking about Rebellion or Secession in other threads?

Am I the only one that finds this ironic?

It’s not ironic at all if you understand the context of the conversation.

Rebellion and Secession are some of the many options that could be considered in a debate about tyrannical federal government. The flag doesn’t represent the federal government; to me it represents the American people and those who have sacrificed for our freedom. I can only speak for myself but (IMO) discussing our options doesn’t contradict my love of country or what the flag represents to me in any way. If I didn't love my country (and the flag...and the people that flag represents) then I wouldn't consider any options, I'd just go along with whatever the government decided. We Americans have a constitution and when our rights are violated we tend to get a little worked up!

Does that make sense?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
My thought is, what do we unite behind? The country is so divided right now between those that only see black and white, when the actual world is a continuum of grays. There have been, and continues to be, lies and half truths told by both sides. I believe that finding a consensus on something, anything, would be a starting point, and that doesn't seem to be possible with the fringe on both sides.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

My thought is, what do we unite behind?

The Constitution!

If we can’t agree on that then we’re doomed! Anyone who infringes on our rights or doesn’t support the constitution is the bad guy.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul

We need to get back to what we had as a country in the 50's, and rebuild our pride
in what we can offer others. Only then will we start to move in the right direction.

Seriously, do we really need to go back to the 50's? To a place, where women and minorities had few rights, segregation and "separate but equal" were all the rage. As a moderate, this is exactly where the republican party stood in the 2012 election cycle, and for some reason, it didn't work out very well for them.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So, you think it is perfectly patriotic to want to rebel against our Constitutionally elected government because you are in the minority and you don't agree with what they are doing?

Sounds like you are the tyrant, not the government that the American people have elected.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

A little worked up ?

That's an understatement if I ever !

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

My thought is, what do we unite behind?

The Constitution!

If we can’t agree on that then we’re doomed! Anyone who infringes on our rights or doesn’t support the constitution is the bad guy.

But you don't want to, you want to rebel against the Constitution and the government that was put in place by the Constitutional elections that we have had.

Just because you don't like what they are doing doesn't mean you have the right to deem everyone a "bad guy" that disagrees with you.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by seabag

So, you think it is perfectly patriotic to want to rebel against our Constitutionally elected government because you are in the minority and you don't agree with what they are doing?

Sounds like you are the tyrant, not the government that the American people have elected.

I don't agree with how our public servants have abused their responsibilities.

They need to be reminded that they work for us.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You just chose to look at the bad aspects of the era....

there were many good things about the time as well, if one
choses to see them

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

First of all, I have never suggested any armed rebellion nor do I want that. You are putting words in my mouth. If I’m wrong then quote me!

Second, if the government oversteps it’s constitutional authority then there are consequences. The government doesn’t grant power or rights to the people; people grant power to the government!

Based on your words?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No, no, More in the line of the communist debacle after WWII. If they cause a Civil War and lose scenario. I really doubt America will resort to Civil War though. Just saying, If it did happen and they did lose. Anything could happen. Americans love their Constitution. I think cops would actually side with the Constitution as it is today. I know a few cops. I doubt they would confiscate guns here anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

But you don't want to, you want to rebel against the Constitution and the government that was put in place by the Constitutional elections that we have had.

Quote me…

Just because you don't like what they are doing doesn't mean you have the right to deem everyone a "bad guy" that disagrees with you.

It’s not about me. When states or elected officials violate their constitutional authority it is up to the American citizens to hold them accountable.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Seems to me that taking away the rights of honest Americans makes you a bad guy period.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join