It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David LaPoint's Theory of the Structure of All Matter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This work is introduced in a YouTube video. It is Part 1 of a series of 5 more videos yet to be uploaded.

The theory is based on LaPoint's belief that there has been an error in our understanding of the shape of the magnetic field around all matter.

He's saying that this model is incorrect:

And that this is what the fields around all matter look like:

He says that he will talk about Saturn in Part 2, the work at CERN with the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) in Part 4, the sun in Part 5, and the vacuum chamber experiments in Part 6. (He didn't mention Part 3.)

It will take an hour to watch the video:

On his YouTube channel page he states that Part 2 will be uploaded on February 1. I'm looking forward to it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Why have I not heard of David Lapointe? I am looking on google for his credentials and so forth but not sure I have the right guy.

Did he graduate from Berkeley?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

OMG, this finally explains why Aurora Borealis can also be observed along earth equator!!

Except there is no equatorial Aurora Borealis. ROFL.

Lesson: Relying in some random youtube videos when dealing with science might be not the most productive approach.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Lesson: Relying in some random youtube videos when dealing with science might be not the most productive approach.
reply to post by moebius

Knocking it before you watch it?

Lesson: Watch video then make your own mind up.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

ill watch later thanks

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Did he graduate from Berkeley?

I'm not sure its the same guy , David Lapointe graduated from Berkeley but the guys channels name is David LaPoint ..... no e .

The picture of David Lapointe doesnt look like the YT picture of David LaPoint .... So who is David LaPoint .
David Lapoint One or none of these

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yeah, after more digging that is what I found as well.

Right now I am reading his comments on his YouTube channel. It all makes sense, however I do wonder WHO he is...

I want to know more about him and if he is ejumacated (joking) with a degree or just some guy whose thoughts are brilliant.

Here is what I am reading at present. www.youtube.com...

Yes the vacuum chamber is just like a florescent light and yes the bowls emit a magnetic field that controls the plasma. The electricity does not make the fields not cause the formations therein. The formations are there all along with or without electricity. The electricity only reveals the formations, the electricity does not cause them. Just as when you put electricity through a florescent bulb it causes it to light up, and that is all the electricity does.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Why should I waste my time watching the video when the field lines picture posted above is already showing how completely nuts(not related to what can be observed directly) his theory is?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by moebius

All I can say to you is I am 40 minutes into this video and I am without words really. He proves his theory with experiments and If you can watch it and explain why its nuts then I will listen. May not agree.... but will hear you out. Without watching the video though, you don't have a leg to stand on.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I learned about the video about a week ago from Jason Verbelli's Facebook page. Someone commented on Jason's link by posting a Wayback Machine link to a former website purported to be LaPoint's. As I recall the link was to a company of some kind. I can't link to it now because I can't find Jason's original post on his page today, and my History page on my computer doesn't show it. I've sent Jason a message asking him whether he deleted his link.

LaPoint has a Facebook page but it does not outline anything about his education.

I don't care about his education. In fact, it can be an advantage not to be indoctrinated by a university education. One can be self-educated.

I'm interested in the experiments he has conducted and his analysis and dot-connecting.

Remember there are 5 videos to come. That is, if they do get uploaded.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I don't care about his education. In fact, it can be an advantage not to be indoctrinated by a university education. One can be self-educated.

In this day and age, probably better if one is not highly recognized as it is a disadvantage because of peer review acceptance and so on.

I watched the entire video and found it to be very insightful and understanding such just may change the way we view our world around us.

It definitely explains why we do not understand dark matter/energy and black holes. It explains the magnetic force much better and really makes me wonder how no one has figured this out yet. Maybe it is because we are seeing space and other galaxies much better than in the past. Each day goes by we are learning more and more. I can't wait to see his other videos now.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
In this day and age, probably better if one is not highly recognized as it is a disadvantage because of peer review acceptance and so on.

What is your basis for this statement?

It definitely explains why we do not understand dark matter/energy and black holes. It explains the magnetic force much better and really makes me wonder how no one has figured this out yet.

In what capacity are you speaking when you make this assessment?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Why do you not understand my reasoning based on the video? Why are you asking me questions and not contributing to this threads subject/title/video?

The subject matter for this thread is not my views but the views of David Lapoint.

Have you watched the video yet? I would encourage you to do so and maybe your questions will be answered.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I'm asking for the the basis of your peer review comment and in what capacity you are speaking when you conclude that the ideas in the video adequately explain the nature of reality better than our current scientific understanding.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Watch the video and find out.

Im not into circular arguments about opinion.... watch the video and then we can discuss it, otherwise we are not on the same page to discuss such matters of reality and what we understand today verses what we will understand in years to come.

Change is good.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Some additional screen shots:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I guess my example has been to subtle eh?

Check my op again, read slowly: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The magnetic field lines shape proposed here would have some very directly visible consequences.

Btw you can falsify his claims very easy by yourself using a bar magnet. Give it a try, seriously!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Watch the video and find out.

Im not into circular arguments about opinion.... watch the video and then we can discuss it, otherwise we are not on the same page to discuss such matters of reality and what we understand today verses what we will understand in years to come.

Change is good.

I'm asking you about the conclusions you have personally drawn. So, for the final time I ask:

a) What is the the basis of your peer review comment?
b) In what capacity you are speaking when you conclude that the ideas in the video adequately explain the nature of reality better than our current scientific understanding?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I am asking YOU.... have YOU watched the video? If not, do so and when you are finished we will discuss it and I will entertain your questioning with answers.

Ive read your threads and KNOW what you are trying to do. I am not playing your "game" by your rules. I have my own set of rules.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Stick a magnet in a pile of iron shavings and you will see the shape of the magnetic field.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join