It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently it's actually March 21, 2013

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ok so nothing "happened", now what?

Why are you people so happy nothing even happened? Do you insults to humanity even realize how friken screwed this world is? Dont tell me the bullsh!t that the world has always been like this..because it hasn't. We have banks and religions controlling us...and all these la di dah retards can think about is "oh my god nothing is going to happen".

I hope people are happy with all the banks..money..t.v... corrupt governments...religions...and greed further polluting our world.

Why wait for "doom and gloom", we have been living with it for hundreds of years...

Sheep...sheep ..sheep...closed minded sheep...no imagination what so ever..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

So you think it is closed minded to understand that 2012 is a hoax? Serious?

Pretty obvious when you examine the claims that they are basically lies. Little to no truth at all.

I think that it's weird for people to wait for the easy button to show up. There is no magic date when all will be well. There is no external force going to make a difference. It comes from people that do things.

Do you work to make a difference? Do you do things that help your fellow man? I do.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Ok so nothing "happened", now what?

Why are you people so happy nothing even happened? Do you insults to humanity even realize how friken screwed this world is? Dont tell me the bullsh!t that the world has always been like this..because it hasn't. We have banks and religions controlling us...and all these la di dah retards can think about is "oh my god nothing is going to happen".

I hope people are happy with all the banks..money..t.v... corrupt governments...religions...and greed further polluting our world.

Why wait for "doom and gloom", we have been living with it for hundreds of years...

Imagination does not equal fact. Just because some new agers or YouTube says something different to mainstream probeable science does not make it true.
edit on 29-1-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You aren't going to believe this, but in 3 separate other forums with 3 other separate discussions about non-related stuff, we all came up with the same damn date. Kavassilis or whatever his name is, even pointed to this date way back in 2010. So weird. www.youtube.com...

I choose with my free-will to not worry about any future dates, and just let come what may. Putting energy of *hope* into a particular day goes against my decision to live as much in the NOW as possible. Changes on a personal level are readily apparent within myself, and I had my own personal "experience" which persists to this day and that's enough for me to understand changes are afoot. Denial is always an option to change but it isn't one I choose.

BTW, zero doom. You know how the 3-minute science guy always signs off? Yeah, use that.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I am never, EVER falling for "the end of the world" again. Talk about crying wolf. Nothing against the post or posters. I personally am SO over the end of the world. I still watch the solar weather and pay attention to whats going on in the world, just not planning on it or any day that is "the end". We should use the day of "end" to make a day of "change", changing the way we see the world and treat others.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpittinCobra

I never "fell" for end of the world, I was just following the ascension and all that. I still believe it to be happening I just don't think a date is something it hinges on.

I was very, very hopeful that it would happen on/around the 21st...maybe we just got the month wrong lol.

Or not. Doesn't matter, I choose to believe it happens within us all first, individually, and then our outside world will reflect the inside. As it has always been.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
How would you tell? If time were actually speeding up your clock wouldn't tell you, because it would be faster by the same amount of time. In the OP days getting shorter is in reference to one full rotation of the Earth, Not the ratio of sunlight to dark you are saying.. The days would be shorter in both hemispheres.

How do you figure that your clocks would speed up as well? Clocks are not in sync with the rotation of the Earth, the are programmed to count off seconds which are predetermined lengths of time.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq1

Originally posted by Dustytoad
How would you tell? If time were actually speeding up your clock wouldn't tell you, because it would be faster by the same amount of time. In the OP days getting shorter is in reference to one full rotation of the Earth, Not the ratio of sunlight to dark you are saying.. The days would be shorter in both hemispheres.

How do you figure that your clocks would speed up as well? Clocks are not in sync with the rotation of the Earth, the are programmed to count off seconds which are predetermined lengths of time.

You understand nothing about time obviously.

If time was speeding up you would nenevr know as all time measurements devices, including sun movement across the sky would all be faster by the same amount. And your own perception of time would be the same as you are in the same timeframe.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by siliconpsychosis
You understand nothing about time obviously.

I understand that time is a man made construct based on linear moments (seconds). Modern clocks are man made devises used to tick off one moment after another. If one rotation of the Earth was taking less time to happen then our clocks would be counting off less seconds in a day. My clocks still register that there are 86400 seconds in each day.

Now if I misunderstood, and what was meant was that the Earths' orbit around the sun is speeding up, but not the actual rotation of the Earth then yes, clocks possibly wouldn't tell you, but in that case our seasons would become completely out of whack which there is no scientific evidence of. Also if I understand correctly the orbital rotation speeding up would be an effect of the Earth getting closer to the Sun. There is no evidence that I am aware of that this is true, and if it were our daylight hours, temps, etc... would also be significantly changed.
edit on 30-1-2013 by Majiq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq1

The Earth is moving away from the Sun. That movement is due to the Earth speeding up slightly while the Sun slows down its rotation due to tidal forces. This is a case of transfer of momentum. The same effect causes the Moon to move away from the Earth.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Do any of you have links for this info? I apparently have some reading to do.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq1

Here is a link describing the Earth moving away from the Sun.
www.newscientist.com...

Here an astronomer describes how the Mon moves away from the Earth.
curious.astro.cornell.edu...

Here is an article about the Earth's rotation slowing
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a site describing how the Earth's rotation has slowed for hundreds of millions of years
miguasha.ca...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

hmmm... That is interesting stuff. I haven't read all of it but I will. This info still is going against the OP as what I have read in your links indicates that the days are getting longer, not shorter. And in fact our clocks do not change along with this. In fact a second had to be added to each year to make up for it.

Thanks for the info

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Majiq1

Leap seconds are not added every year. If you check out the chart on the right side notice that 1980 and 1984 did not require leap seconds. In more recent years 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2011 also did not require leap seconds.

Another cool issue is that earthquakes often cause a very small speed up of the Earth's rotation because mass moves towards the center of the Earth and just as a skater's arms moving inward speed up rotation so does the Earth. Overall, the speed up from quakes redistributing mass is much smaller than the slow down due to tidal interactions.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

On a long enough timeline, everyone's survival rate drops to zero. We are doomed from birth. Just a fact of life for biological organisms.

Annoying movie clichés aside, we are not 'biological organisms'.

And 'biological organisms' are not life - the life that exists can manifest itself through biological forms, but that doesn't mean that the forms are life!

Just like light can manifest itself via a light bulb doesn't mean that the light bulb itself is the light. Such an easy concept to understand, and yet you make this exact mistake in a slightly different form.

And anyway, Fight Club's nihilistic and depressing worldview is incorrect. We, in fact, ARE unique individuals - though much more complex and real than snowflakes.

There is no long enough timeline for everyone's 'survival rate' (groan) to be able to drop to zero, because death doesn't exist for us - only for our bodies.

We are on this planet, visiting. We are not permanently stationed here. That's all. Our life won't end just because a planet's physical form (or a body's physical form) changes. We are eternal beings, and thus everything you say in your post is a lie.

But then, looking at your avatar and nick would lead one to suspect your messages are not meant to bring higher awareness, donate truth to your fellow man or to help anyone in any way, but just to create misery, depression and spread nihilism any way you can.

And you probably congratulate yourself on being - oh, so clever - to quote a hollywood movie.. why didn't I think of that!

When you really think about it, 'rating' something like 'survival' sounds quite odd, doesn't it? "How do you rate your survival? I rated mine today, and it was five. What's your survival rate today?"

Doesn't that sound like a weird way to talk?

edit on 2-2-2013 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The thing which amuses me about these doomsday prophesies and so-called revelations is that we, the most advanced known society in history, seem to collectively think that people who thought the sun orbited the earth were smarter than we are. Whats next? Are we to abandon astrophysics in favor of the Greek theory of the Aether, or perhaps abandon chemistry in favor of alchemy?
While I certainly agree that some social wisdom of the ages has been lost, I tend to remember that in those ages of the Mayan and of the Sumerian many people died on the sword and spear, which does not, to me, indicate a wiser society. Some would argue that in those days, men were free to govern themselves, free of banks and big business; they had instead brutal monarchs and fanatical religious powers to govern them.
The world hasn't changed. Its only grown larger and more complex; we are free to knowledge and wealth which, sadly, we aren't wise enough to piece together in a useful manner. I attribute this to the youth of the age. The world was a bloody, dark place for thousands of years; we've only had what could be considered advanced technology for two or three centuries. It will take time for people to fully understand the way in which we impact the world and each other.
This persistent belief that some calamity or savior will change the world serves only to distract people from bettering their own lives, from planning for the future. I'm certain that a few who bother to read this post will think me ignorant, or a follower of the trends. I say to them that I have at least formed my own opinions and, while I have available the same sources as anyone else, did not require the writings, opinions, or consent of anyone in order to believe what I have said is correct. It amazes me, really, how so many seem to jump into a thread like this, which is conjecture at best, and present their view as God's own truth only because some author they like has a similar opinion.
And for the record, I'm sick of people calling others sheep. It was old ten years ago, and if nobody else has noticed, those who think they are wolves will all brag about being rogues. They spout the same rhetoric, wear the same clothes, watch the same movies, and read the same books, thinking that they're edgy and cool. They're just furry sheep themselves. Thorin would laugh his @$$ off at the lot of them.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This is really REALLY intriguing and I just had to post what just happened. I had a dream just this morning, now I remember parts and some info may be important. In this dream, something happened with the Sun, either a pole shift, super solar flare, or something, idk what it was and I can't remember what it was, but some places on Earth became inhabitable unless you were in a closed area(like a car) I drove around in my dream, seeing avenues and highways packed with cars, some trying to rush out of the area, or cars that got stranded and the people got caught and died.
I was talking with some of my friends in the dream, and I remember specifically saying "What if this was the 2012 event that was supposed to happen? What it were just a few months off?" Now a few months would put it around the march area. The environment looked different, everything had a more off-whiteish tint. In the morning, it was more of a light blueish-white color. It was really interesting and for some reason, I wasn't scared. I was lucid enough in my dream to visit this forum to see if anyone knew what happened, but the internet was really spotty, and so was the cell phone service. Cable television was working okay, but not perfect. It seemed so real and natural.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The entire basis for this thread is flawed. It can't be March.
edit on 13-2-2013 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

The entire basis for this thread is flawed. It can't be March.
edit on 13-2-2013 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

Finally someone said it!
I really wish people would give up trying to predict this stuff and find something better to do with their lives.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I read somewhere on the internet that the Mayans apparently couldn't even predict their own downfall so how could their predict this 'ascension'?Try answering that question and as my signature says"Always use critical thinking".

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join