It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of the Drones???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
There has been a lot of discussion lately about how dangerous these things can be, how they could curtail freedom, and so forth. Even talk of how they could take over, in a very good thread. So, considering all that, I was a bit surprised to see the text at the bottom of the screen on this video, apparently referring to a PBS special.

news video I watched

Here is a link for the special:

NOVA special

So, clearly, they are using the popular terminology. "Rise of the Machines"...."Rise of the Drones"....but wow....

Is someone so sure of their position that they can mock us with the reality, or is this just marketing? In any case, the talk in that news video of drones "transforming our lives" was interesting. No real details on HOW, though.

Maybe it's a good thing Arnold is back. He might have inside info on how to combat this.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Oh, I thought "drones" meant, Obama voters.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Just think the next time you see a fly or a dragonfly think, is it a live or man made .? How will this change lives ? easier to track, see, and send real time data. The current Drones that Police, NSA,TSA ,DHS, FBI, and the Mil just to name a few, that are using them can not wait for the next Gen What will the next Gen be like? mouse bots , fly bots, and bug bots, er drones to keep an eye and ear on you, get out of line , pin a green or red dot on you for elimination, reprogramming,or detention. Who would need a cop when a bot er drone could do it

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

DARPA plans to hide drones at the bottom of the sea

In mid-January of this year, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency or DARPA, has revealed a plan to hide U.S. military drones in the ocean. This idea is part of the agency's Upward Falling Payloads program, which aims to place inactive drones at the bottom of the sea to be activated when the time is right.

DARPA = Skynet

When exactly will "the time be right"?

Sometimes I wonder what the US military is gearing up for when our current enemies largest strive in technology is a shovel and some IEDs.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

got to look at big pic, China, North K., India- Pakistan,and last Iran. all have uncontrolled nukes or programs we have no say or control in. Then there is civil unrest. mid east the US the EU - UK mess. where would you hide or put a drone fleet out of reach... the moon?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Or maybe we can all just, I dunno, get along?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
Oh, I thought "drones" meant, Obama voters.

reply to post by bekod

Very true! There have already been tests of such "bug" drones, and they are pretty impressive. If civilians can have one the size of a dragonfly, you know the military can have smaller! Crazy world we live in!

Originally posted by olliemc84

DARPA plans to hide drones at the bottom of the sea

In mid-January of this year, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency or DARPA, has revealed a plan to hide U.S. military drones in the ocean. This idea is part of the agency's Upward Falling Payloads program, which aims to place inactive drones at the bottom of the sea to be activated when the time is right.

Drones under the ocean?? Activated for what, I wonder? When the time is right? All things considered, that's pretty scary stuff!

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by olliemc84

got to look at big pic, China, North K., India- Pakistan,and last Iran. all have uncontrolled nukes or programs we have no say or control in. Then there is civil unrest. mid east the US the EU - UK mess. where would you hide or put a drone fleet out of reach... the moon?

You know, that's a valid point. If I trusted the government, I might think that was all there was to it....

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Oh I have been watching the progession of these things ever since I saw them...........I see these policing people on streets and in their homes REAL soon while the police officers work from their homes as though it were a video game.

We see this technology and we can't WAIT to see more so we don't let or approve of any legislation that would hinder any sort of project. BUT WE SHOULD!

But hey NOBODY listens to me.............BUT YOU SHOULD!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
Oh I have been watching the progession of these things ever since I saw them...........I see these policing people on streets and in their homes REAL soon while the police officers work from their homes as though it were a video game.

We see this technology and we can't WAIT to see more so we don't let or approve of any legislation that would hinder any sort of project. BUT WE SHOULD!

But hey NOBODY listens to me.............BUT YOU SHOULD!

You aren't wrong! One problem is that little projects get attached to larger spending bills, so that they pass. If someone protests, pay is threatened, needed spending is threatened, and so forth. That's a HUGE problem with the way bills are handled at all. There should be a law prohibiting ANYTHING from being attached to a bill, that is not directly related to that bill.

These days, with legislation that already allows them to basically ignore our rights, and monitor whomever they want, they could send those thing in without anyone being the wiser. A drone that looked like a house fly could be seen, and no one would realize what it was. Or, a spider. Even if smashed, no one would think twice about it.

top topics

join