It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling sound in South Australia 21/01/2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
On Monday night approximately 10:30 pm ,21, Jan, 2013. Myself and my partner heard a deep rumbling sound, seemed to be coming from the sky. I have lived near airports all my life, so I know what an aircraft sounds like, so don't even bother with that one. I asked her if she could hear that noise,she said yes, what is it ?. I went outside to have a look, I looked in the direction that the noise seemed to be coming from,NE, and nothing. The sky was clear, with many stars. NO aircraft lights were visible, and I looked for sometime for aircraft, but did not see any. All the time the rumbling continued, for I guess 2-3 minutes, and then gradually faded. I asked a friend that lives in a nearby suburb if he had heard any noise on Monday night, not putting any idea's into his head, he said " I heard a rumbling sound during the night", he said he thought it was an earthquake.. so at least there was some one else that heard it. He described it to me and it was the same noise. So anybody else in South Australia hear this?.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by douggie60

Knows what air craft sound like and says not to go there..

Looks for air craft anyway.

I dunno, I used to live near the Perth Air port.. heard rumbling in the sky all the time with no planes in sight.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Well there was a minor 2.2 earthquake SE of Jamestown last night. Not sure where you are in relation to this, but maybe?

and a few more around australia:
Earthquake Source Australia

Peace ID

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I live in South Australia. North East of Adelaide.

Whilst I didn't hear the rumbling on the night you did, over the past 12 months i've heard a rumbling noise coming from the sky on at least 3 occasions during the day and night. Like your situation, there was no aircraft to be seen.

With regards to you hearing it at 10.30 pm, bear in mind also that the Adelaide Airport has a 10.00 pm to 6.00 am curfew so it's highly unlikely for any aircraft to be over Adelaide at that time of night.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pseudoless

We are just south of a flight path in and out Adelaide, it runs east-west west- east, so I know all the flight paths into and out of Adelaide. And yes also took into consideration the curfew. Now my son, who doesn't live with me also tells me heard it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

I am situated just south of Adelaide, southern suburb. This was definitely Monday night, as to it being an EQ, we have had a few in the past years or so, and it wasn't that.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I thought I heard something last night, early hours of wednesday morning like rumbling from the sky but I was half asleep. I am in central Vic, we do not get aircraft noise at all here, we do get trucks and trains but this was like thunder or far away aircraft in the sky. First time in 8 months here that I heard it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

G,day mate. dont know if this helps, but you can sometimes hear the arty test firing at port wakefield proof range from areas such as munno para west, gawler, mallala, wakefield, balaklava, brinkworth and two wells. then depending on wind direction try ardrossan and bl;ack point. when i am staying at port germain, just north of port pirie i can hear the drop shorts (arty) over at el alemein below port augusta. think i have also heard the gutless dont get me wet or i will drown m1 tanks firing across at the exercise area. its a bit diff to the 105mm on the old leopard uboat er tank. hope this helps

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pronto

Hi pronto. I have lived down in the southern suburbs for 30 odd years, and have never heard this noise before. Also have never heard Army range firings from Pt Wakefield, or anywhere else.
Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join