It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock claim: Obama only wants military leaders who 'will fire on U.S. citizens'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I can hardly wait till tomorrow, when an Unknown Source says Obama came from Outer Space, to eat us all.

Really, Have all you People lost your ability of Critical Thinking.

Don't joke. Some poor soul will think they have it all figured out and run with it.

And the really sad part is people will believe it. Or refuse to not believe it because, hey you never know.

Don't joke... these are scary times. I am not afriad of the tyrannical boogeyman coming to get me. I'm scared of the average joe who can't process reality any more and jonses out on us with their perceived reality...

Jim jones, alex jones, take your pick really.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TorridGal
My father told me on several occasions that the one hope for America would be a counter dictatorship of short duration in the form of a military coup d'etat. He was an intelligence officer for Shin Bet and for a short time he worked as a consultant for Mossad. My dad was very serious about this. He placed much stress on the fact that not only was it our only real chance for survival as a free nation he more or less said that it was a foregone conclusion that such a thing will come to pass.

Nearly two years ago, I wrote a post here that describes just that:

You're Darn Straight The USA NEEDS Nationwide Martial Law!

And at this point, I imagine we are drawing ever closer to such a calamity. I know a lot of military guys read around, but despite wanting very badly to say something, they know to keep their mouths shut. They'll move when they're ready. Success comes when preparation meets opportunity.

They've got the Patriot Act, NSPD-51, the disarming and extreme arms regulations against the people that have been imposed, and all kinds of stuff to warrant this. But you know what they have that I imagine hurts the worst? Being thrown into a no win situation with their hands tied, and purely for political motives- enriching the fat asses in the MIC while they spill their blood and die on a battlefield of greed, and in vain. All for lies! There was never any honor in that, although they try with all their might to justify it somehow so they can live another day and hope to hell they make it home in one piece.

I guess they're not tired of that at all, are they. Nah. Another day, another decapitated kid. Big whoop.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

I can hardly wait till tomorrow, when an Unknown Source says Obama came from Outer Space, to eat us all.

First of all, this is a conspiracy site.....

Ahhhaha jesus mighty batman god... Did I not just say it?

Although I did not expect to see it in this thread, on the very next page.

"Dis hee-ya... is a con-spy-ra-see web fou-rum. You WILL be-leave any thang OR why are yew even hee-ya!"

Just because you can make it up does not make it open for intelligent discussion or reasoned debate on ATS. Start with GLP and if you manage to get a reasonable person there to argue the finer points of Obama being from space, then stay there.

Or carry on as usual... make everyone here look like derp lunatics...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by snarky412

First of all, this is a conspiracy site.....

Ahhhaha jesus mighty batman god... Did I not just say it?

Although I did not expect to see it in this thread, on the very next page.

"Dis hee-ya... is a con-spy-ra-see web fou-rum. You WILL be-leave any thang OR why are yew even hee-ya!"

Just because you can make it up does not make it open for intelligent discussion or reasoned debate on ATS. Start with GLP and if you manage to get a reasonable person there to argue the finer points of Obama being from space, then stay there.

Or carry on as usual... make everyone here look like derp lunatics...

No need to be so rude and obnoxious....

I was merely pointing out an observation.
Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers....

ETA: If you don't like "conspiracies" maybe you ought to stick with movies or sports forums. This is posted in skunk works BTW ......

edit on 22-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

It is a (lower cased) purge.....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

The use of foreign troops is a no brainer and one of the lessons learned from the Balkans (divide and conquer also). I never heard any hue and cry from US troops kicking in doors in Iraq and Afghanistan concerned about violating their "inalienable" right to keep and bear arms.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
unless the generals themselves are going to gear up and go door to door killing civilians, they still have to rely on their troops, most of whom i doubt would be willing to kill Americans at the whim of our Terrorist in Chief. i think a large percentage of them would flat refuse.

I think you underestimate the thorough brainwashing that military culture instills in its soldiers.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

More like have nightmares thinking about that one.

We'll know the time is upon us when the huge telecoms announce that there will be no more landlines, and that all communications will have to happen over hardware like AT&T's U-verse boxes- which support both voice over IP and internet, in addition to TV.

Put it all into one box, and they can just cut the switch, enabling your scenario to the "T". No TV, no net, no phone. Add no power to that, and yeah, the end.

I've had several clients tell me AT&T was pushing hard sells on voice over IP/U-verse. In one case they did it to a client even after we told them not to, and completely disconnected their land line. It was funny because they called me over the damn thing (VOIP), and the calls dropped repeatedly. Boy did they ream the crap out of AT&T customer service for that one.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think that there is plenty of evidence to show that there are many soldiers and other military personnel who are more than willing to shoot American civilians. Some of those instances have been mentioned in this thread already. I think that there will be a great push to label certain Americans as terrorists, and that is what these gun laws are all about. I do not think it is a coincidence that so much bad stuff is happening around the time of Obama's second term.

I can imagine that everyone who will not give up their guns will be labelled terrorists, and there is likely much more in store for us...Things we cannot even imagine right now. I mean think about hundreds or thousands of unmanned drones policing the skies. And about the interment camps. Just because we have a democracy on paper does not mean that those in power will abide by the rules. They actually have already shown us that they are above the law.

I have made a handful of posts in other threads that specifically outline just how and why there would be an attempt to seize dictatorial power by a certain faction of government officials, and what would likely happen as a result. I will not get into that much depth here, but I will say that there will be many soldiers on both sides, but the ones on the side of the government will have all the weapons. Too many people put too much trust into the government.

That wouldn't be so bad if the government abided by the Constitution, but they do not. What that translates into is that there are a bunch of tyrants running the country. Think about this...Does a normal person really attempt to become president, or hold any other office, because they want to benefit humanity? I highly doubt it. A normal person does not want to have power and control over other people, especially millions of people, and anyone who would seek that power has personal interests in mind.

Are these the people we should trust? Like I said, maybe if there was oversight like the government was designed to have it would be different, but it is not. Power is constantly abused US politics. So anyone thinking that the government will protect you or not let anything bad happen, think again. There is just no way that these leaders have your interests in mind. No possible way. Speaking of the majority that is, since there are a handful of good politicians. Most just "act" like they care.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

"Therein lies the rub." US troops will fire on enemy combatants or legitimate domestic terrorist groups and absent the real facts from a control of communications and then given specific orders in that intel vacuum they would have no real reason to refuse such orders. Once word got out however that they were starting to round up ordinary citizens who were gun owners then the paradigm could shift (hence the need at that point to bring in the blue helmets).

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

And once the Executive Order under Martial Law comes down then those previously "legitimate" firearms would then be "illegal" and they would have the "color of law" to pull it off (albeit unconstitutional but that would be relegated to irrelevant since the Constitution would be officially nullified).

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Of course there will be troops and police that will fire on the people,there will also be troops and police who will side with the people i just hope the latter having made a conscious decision have the courage of their convictions to follow through with what has to done

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by Advantage

The use of foreign troops is a no brainer and one of the lessons learned from the Balkans (divide and conquer also). I never heard any hue and cry from US troops kicking in doors in Iraq and Afghanistan concerned about violating their "inalienable" right to keep and bear arms.

I have NO idea what your point is.
The use of foreign troops predates the Balkan issue by centuries.
I am unaware that Iraq or Afghanistan recognizes inalienable rights to keep and bear arms and have never heard such a thing. Are you maintaining that they do What does that have to do with my statement?
My "no brainer" comment was made in response to the litmus test scenario in the OP concerning mil command issuing orders for our own troops to fire on our own citizens. I still have no idea what your point is.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is chain-mail level material.

First of all...what does this mean, "fire on a U.S. citizen?"

Under what circumstances?

You don't need to ask the military leaders if they will order someone to fire on a citizen if that citizen is jeopardizing the lives of others in any number of dangerous scenarios. That's a given. They will do it. The police fire upon citizens all the time because sometimes citizens break the law and attempt to take the lives of others.

A citizen can be considered an enemy terrorist threat so just asking if someone would "fire on a U.S. citizen" doesn't really articulate any reason or scenario as to why this would even happen. It's essentially a stupid question as is. There seems to be a bit of information missing and as I said...the question doesn't even need to be asked in certain situations.

Yes the military can and would fire upon a citizen if needed. Obviously.

If they are claiming that Obama is going around asking random military leaders "So...are you willing to fire on an innocent citizen for no other reason other than I tell you to kill them", I think that is a different question and one that is beyond absurd.

How would he even keep such a thing quiet when all the people who said "no" would likely tell the rest of the world? I guarantee that if they would be morally against shooting innocent civilians but remain silent and still in the military after knowing this will be a future procedure/protocol, they may as well have said "yes".

Even still, you'd have to be aware that such a question would be controversial in the extreme...why would you randomly ask that of someone in the military without having some sort of idea of what sort of reaction you could expect?

It's like leaning over to a guy in the cubicle across from me that I barely know and saying, "You want to help me run this drug shipment I got today to San Antonio this weekend? I could really use a hand."

That's not something you just ask randomly to a large number of people you don't know very well.

This really sounds ridiculously out-there.
Not buying it.

- Lee
edit on 22-1-2013 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

We have veterans and National Guard units and whole states that would immediately defect, taking with them military resources from the Federal government. Then we have local police departments that would defect, as well as gun-owners and gangs, even Mexican drug cartels and Russia could get involved, especially in Alaska.

Once the government oversteps its boundaries, it won't have the benefit of being considered having the moral high ground, and there are boundaries that can be crossed that even Democrats who voted for Obama will not support once they are crossed. Right now, the Democrats just don't believe that line is going to be crossed, which is the whole reason Obama has support from them.

So I don't think it will be that easy for the Federal Government.

We have to remember, the reason we are in this situation in the first place is because of polarized political parties that are unwilling to compromise, as well as high amounts of corruption, including lobbyists, and incapacity for change in the Federal Government. Then there is the question of what is purposely being done in an assertive fashion to attempt to gain complete control over the populace (which won't work in the long term ever) and why -

The whole situation is a mess that is more than likely out of anyone's capability to control.

Then again, I could be wrong... but if you look at the direction we are headed (by comparing where we were before and where we are now), and consider the fact that nothing is being done about it, we have to get there eventually. We aren't going to change course.

There will likely be some kind of legislative event that leads to some kind of trigger event (like a government stand-off with civilians) which will send the whole ball rolling.

So if you are looking for your timeline, there it is.
edit on 22-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Ok now .. so Obama is 'claimed' to be a US citizen and although there is the ongoing issue of his legitimacy, I will still take that at face value for the purposes of this thread.

Also military personel take and OATH to uphold and that oath involves the TERMS "domestic terrorists".

So it is quite clear to me that indeed military people MUST engage their own citizens with military equipment as REQUIRED by their OATH to the Constitution of The USA [not incorporated].

If MARTIAL LAW is ever invoked the use of hollow point ammo is OUTLAWED and would be a WAR CRIME!

This would not be an issue for anybody in the armed forces as they are supplied with FMJ rounds.

So to sum up ... If the current Potus enacts Martial Law by Executive Order ... the individual soldiers have to make an executive decision on whether the Potus is a Domestic Terrorist!

If they find that to be the case then by their OWN OATHS to the constitution the MUST ACT on that.

Personal Disclosure: Is the current Potus suicidal?

edit on 22-1-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spacing.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Soon enough, this will be a non-issue

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

I guess we need to learn how to fight robots.

In case they arent shielded, emp will work.

You could in theory rig a magnetron from household microwave to serve this purpose, but its extremely dangerous.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
When I see posts like this, I really like to check and see how legitimate they are. It isn't because I don't believe them, it is because I don't want to take the step of thinking we are headed for Civil War without good documentation.

I am okay with reading whatever about UFO's and aliens or whatnot, but not so much this topic.

I could not find a Wikipedia entry or a Google entry for a "humanitarian Dr. Jim Garrow." There is a Facebook page, and he only has 100 likes. Here is his Home Page.

His political views seem to be in line with him saying what he said, but did he? There is no record on his Facebook wall. Is his claim of having sources accurate?

Dr. James Garrow is the author of The Pink Pagoda: One Man’s Quest to End Gendercide in China. He has spent over $25 million over the past sixteen years rescuing an estimated 40,000 baby Chinese girls from near-certain death under China’s one-child-per-couple policy by facilitating international adoptions. He is the founder and executive director of the Bethune Institute’s Pink Pagoda schools, private English-immersion schools for Chinese children. Today he runs 168 schools with nearly 6,300 employees.

I am not sure if this gives him access to credible sources. So my verdict is undecided on the validity of the sources.

edit on 22-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

What happens when we put a fork in the microwave?
It sparks.

So by removing the sheild cage, and setting it up at a safe distance, probably beyond 50-75 yards, and rig a trigger mechanism to it...

You can have an anti robot emp mine , so to speak.

It will cause an overflow in the circuits, possibly shorting and destroying them.
Thus disabling the weapon system.

If they are shielded we will need RPGs though lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join