It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Harry: I Killed Taliban In Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So Prince Harry is soon to be returning to the UK, having completed his tour in Afghanistan....

Prince Harry has confirmed he killed Taliban insurgents during his latest tour of Afghanistan, saying: "We fire when we have to - take a life to save a life."

The third-in-line to the throne is on his way home after a five-month tour of the war-torn country as an Apache pilot gunner, where he said his unit took enemy fighters "out of the game".

The prince's job meant he was in the front seat of the attack helicopter, controlling an array of weapons including a 30mm cannon and hellfire missiles.

When asked if he had killed from the cockpit the 28-year-old replied: "Yeah, so lots of people have."

However Captain Wales, as he is known in the Army Air Corps, said the sight of an Apache was often enough to make Taliban fighters flee.

Prince Harry: I Killed Taliban in Afghanistan

Has anyone been watching the interviews with him on Sky News tonight? I knew he wasn't that fond of the media, but he didn't hold back in displaying showing how much he despises the press. He even said to the interviewer that the only reason "you" (meaning the press) was there at all was because a deal was done to cover the prince. He REALLY didn't give off any hints that he liked them there lol.

Whether it was regarding the subject of Kate and Williams baby, or his service in Afghanistan, he gave very strong not so subtle hints at what he thought of the press. I guess you can understand why, he even said that this stemmed from his childhood for obvious reasons.

Best comment...."Everyones guilty of buying a newspaper i guess, as long as they don't believe what they read."

Nice one Harry, we'll see you in ATS yet.

On a separate note, he talks about his role as an Apache pilot in Afghanistan and said that it was the only way he could go, as they wouldn't let him back there again as a soldier on the ground.

So they spend millions of pounds training him up as an Apache pilot, so he can do a few months then come back. They said tonight that he most probably won't go back again.

Does anyone else feel thats a bit of a waste? Why not train someone who can stay in the pilots job longer?

Oh well, he's front page of all the papers tomorrow......so i'm sure we'll hear a lot more about this for a while.

CX.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Of course he killed taliban, his apache wasnt shooting nerf balls, lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Only the ones not carrying bags of poppys, I'm sure..........We all know how the governments of the west depend on these theraputic substances don't we?????

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Personally, I think sending him into combat at all was a waste and terribly foolhardy.

I have a serious question on this and it's related directly to the OP and the money spent training him....

IF the Taliban had ever succeeded in pinpointing his location in a way they could mount an operation with and CAPTURED HIM alive? How far would the UK have gone and what would they have given up or agreed to in getting him back with his head still firmly attached?

^^ That's the only reason I think deploying him was incredibly stupid. He's Royalty. Literally.. What price would that bring in national concessions, not to mention cash? I mean, honestly, COULD England have handled seeing him being executed by home-decapitation with a steak knife like some hostages got in Iraq? No doubt, they'd have made sure everyone in the world had the chance to view that one..at least once.

edit on 21-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

^ There is the interview.

I really liked the staged break in the interview, as he valiantly sprints off to fulfill his duties.

Royalty playing war games, impersonally killing from the safety of an apache helicopter.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I really liked the staged break in the interview, as he valiantly sprints off to fulfill his duties.

Royalty playing war games, impersonally killing from the safety of an apache helicopter.

And you know for sure that was staged? Sorry, but thing's like that do happen over there. They sometimes do need to go at any moment.

Extraordinary claims such as that require extraordinary evidence otherwise we have no reason whatsoever to believe you. Disliking them isn't enough either, it's not proof of anything. Hell, I'm not a fan of the family either, but I'm not throwing out wild claims with no basis.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Maybe it is a waste but look at it another way. You will never see any of Obama's kids or any other of the elites kids doing what Harry does. I'm shocked they let him go there at all. The only reason I can think of is that he is not really Charles kid and he may get killed like his mother did. Hey now there is a conspiracy for you. Start a thread on that one.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Does anybody else remember the post around Christmas time where the Prince got a little nippy before shooting some Taliban? Wonder if the press corps asked him about THAT?

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
no matter what u think he is still there doing his duty and risking his life........why don,t all use leave your cushy jobs and go join him if you think its that easy.....all respect to him for fact he doesn,t even have to be there in first place.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Im not even into yalls royalty at all but it seems like hes the only one of the bunch (including his father) to possess any "King" like attributes.
Like someone else said.. What do other politicians or elitists children do? They get in trouble, live off of their trust funds and wait for their parents to die.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by sparky31

Im not even into yalls royalty at all but it seems like hes the only one of the bunch (including his father) to possess any "King" like attributes.
Like someone else said.. What do other politicians or elitists children do? They get in trouble, live off of their trust funds and wait for their parents to die.
hey coudn,t care less myself about royalty but as u say hes out there doing stuff that most of the country wouldn,t do so all the respect to him

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
good on him, of all the royals I respect him the most.

Who would have thought, the offspring from Diana and her lover (no, not Charles) would turn out to be the most grounded, balanced and REAL royal there is.

I have nothing against his brother, but I think Harry is a Royal that could bring England together!

flying Helicopters over Afghan is brave, they do get shot down and he knows full well his fate if he's ever caught.

CX

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

To be honest, after hearing the way he spoke about he media, i don't think that was staged. Don't think he'd go along with that crap.

As for playing war games.....he did the same job as all the others out there, so that leaves the question, do you think they are all playing war games?

Me, i think yes, a lot are. Not all, but many.

CX.

CX

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

IF the Taliban had ever succeeded in pinpointing his location in a way they could mount an operation with and CAPTURED HIM alive? How far would the UK have gone and what would they have given up or agreed to in getting him back with his head still firmly attached?

I think they would have pulled out all the stops to rescue him, however if anything had happened to him, i think it would have been a major game changer as far as the general public's opinion here for the war is concerned.

Harry is without doubt the most normal of the royals, most Brits would have wanted some major questions asked if anything had hapened over there.

CX.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Truly dumb move...

His PR and Security peeps should have had a meeting with him and told him to keep it quiet.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Thanks for the reply and all things being equal here? I'm glad he got in, served and got back out again with nothing but the memories he'll have for a lifetime.

Given his possible future role in the United Kingdom though? Perhaps having those memories and experiences will make him better than he otherwise would have been. At least, if he does reach the Throne someday, he'll sit there with the certain knowledge of what war looks like, smells like and feels like. Perhaps he won't be as quick as others to call for it?

BTW..I'm assuming your next King COULD exercise more influence and power than the Queen can or has chosen to? That isn't purely a figurehead and publicity position in perpetuity, is it?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Simply put, he's a rich spoilt brat that has been given everything he's ever desired without having to ever once get dirt on his hands.

If he was just some rag tag bloke from a quiet town in the UK, no one would care.

It's not his fault he was born to what he was born to I guess. But I hold no special value for him. Despite his attempts at being 'common' for the sake of being taken seriously.

Royalty, as with any obscene wealth without justification, just reeks to me. I despise it.

And this little ninja means nothing to me. Nor his efforts. Because at the end of the day, people will still bend over and kiss his ring for nothing more than his lot in life being born to that family.

devil spawn of a sordid sneako love affair, or not.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
And this little ninja means nothing to me. Nor his efforts. Because at the end of the day, people will still bend over and kiss his ring for nothing more than his lot in life being born to that family.

devil spawn of a sordid sneako love affair, or not.

so its his fault for that,as i said he didn,t need to put himself out there but he did and he should be respected for that,u go fight the taliban and then i,ll accept what u say.
edit on 2011 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yeah, just watched the interview then.. A bit of baywatch music would of summed up the footage. Maybe next time he can get on the ground and fight like a real soldier does and we will see how many kills he gets.
edit on 21-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

A rich spoiled brat making his own living. I got respect for him because no matter how much money that kid has, he's at least out in the world doing something that is right and not sitting on his behind doing nothing. He's getting his own paycheck. Now he may do stupid kid stunts, but we all do. Work hard, play hard and he's entitled to it.

What's his brother doing?

Being the GQ of Britain?
edit on 21-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join