It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Mainstream Rapper] Lupe Fiasco Calls Obama a "Terrorist" at pre-inauguration party.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Underground rapper...get too my thread 911!!!
"American Pie"

[Intro] A long, long time ago I can still remember how that music used to make me smile And I knew if I had my chance That I could make those people dance And maybe they'd be happy for a while

But February made me shiver With every paper I'd deliver Bad news on the doorstep I couldn't take one more step

I can't remember if I cried When I read about his widowed bride But something touched me deep inside The day the music died

[Chorus] So bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry And them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye Singin' "This'll be the day that I die This'll be the day that I die"

[Verse 1] Did you write the book of love And do you have faith in God above If the Bible tells you so? Now do you believe in rock and roll Can music save your mortal soul And can you teach me how to dance real slow?

Well, I know that you're in love with him 'Cause I saw you dancin' in the gym You both kicked off your shoes Man, I dig those rhythm and blues

I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck With a pink carnation and a pickup truck But I knew I was out of luck The day the music died

[Chorus] I started singin' bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye Singin' "This'll be the day that I die This'll be the day that I die"

[Verse 2] Now for ten years we've been on our own And moss grows fat on a rollin' stone But that's not how it used to be When the jester sang for the king and queen In a coat he borrowed from James Dean And a voice that came from you and me

Oh, and while the king was looking down The jester stole his thorny crown The courtroom was adjourned No verdict was returned

And while Lenin read a book on Marx A quartet practiced in the park And we sang dirges in the dark The day the music died

[Chorus] We were singin' bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye Singin' "This'll be the day that I die This'll be the day that I die"

[Verse 3] Helter skelter in a summer swelter The birds flew off with a fallout shelter Eight miles high and falling fast It landed foul on the grass The players tried for a forward pass With the jester on the sidelines in a cast

Now the halftime air was sweet perfume While the sergeants played a marching tune We all got up to dance Oh, but we never got the chance

'Cause the players tried to take the field The marching band refused to yield Do you recall what was revealed The day the music died?

[Chorus] We started singin' bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye And singin' "This'll be the day that I die This'll be the day that I die"

[Verse 4] Oh, and there we were all in one place A generation lost in space With no time left to start again So come on, Jack be nimble, Jack be quick Jack Flash sat on a candlestick 'Cause fire is the devil's only friend

Oh, and as I watched him on the stage My hands were clenched in fists of rage No angel born in Hell Could break that Satan's spell

And as the flames climbed high into the night To light the sacrificial rite I saw Satan laughing with delight The day the music died

He was singin' bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye And singin' "This'll be the day that I die This'll be the day that I die"

[Outro] I met a girl who sang the blues And I asked her for some happy news But she just smiled and turned away I went down to the sacred store Where I'd heard the music years before But the man there said the music wouldn't play

And in the streets, the children screamed The lovers cried and the poets dreamed But not a word was spoken The church bells all were broken

And the three men I admire most The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost They caught the last train for the coast The day the music died

And they were singin' bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry And them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye Singin' "This'll be the day that I die This'll be the day that I die"

[Chorus] They were singin' bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye And singin' "This'll be the day that I die"

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Oh no, someone famous is actually standing up against the establishment openly...

Quick, let's criticize his music!

**Dis-Info Agent**
edit on 22-1-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

That way of thinking is going to take you far Worm...sike. Most people that don't wake up is because they don't know they are even asleep. I wonder though, if it was you and your family going threw those terrible times would your point of view change at all. What if you had to constantly remind yourself all day that your house and family might be the next ones targeted by a drone or hit squad, because of some faulty intel received from someone who was possibly tortured, brutalized and beaten half to death. That victim in question would say whatever nonsense came to mind first to stay alive a little longer. Always remember the real so-called Jihadist are more than ready to meet Allah at the drop of a hat and would rather die before giving up their comrads.

I would ask you for some of your background or from what part of the country your from or even what nationality, political, or religious beliefs you have, but I am certain I have a good idea.

PEACE CANNOT BE KEPT BY FORCE. IT CAN ONLY BE ACHIEVED WITH UNDERSTANDING.
Albert Einstein

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Mobile

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Thanks for trying to baby-sit me and push your opinion about the thread's author on me

Sometimes people reply to the thread's Opening Post, addressing the original propositions or assertions of the author, before reading everyone else's comments. Some do this because they want to offer their initial opinion before it has a chance to be manipulated into something different than their first impression.

Thanks again for offering your assistance to me, but I will continue to reply to the threads' Opening Post. This way I can share what is 100% of my own opinion, instead of morphing it into a Frankenstein soup after reading the entire thread.

Many times I like to read the thread after giving my initial thoughts on the OP. After finishing the thread, I will post what I have learned from the opinions of other members and see how the 2 posts differ from one another...

edit on 22-1-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I do the same thing, and it happens to be one of Lupe Fiasco's main tenants...

Think For Your Self..

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm
reply to post by beastnwokillah

I do mind, no time for that research.
Amazing talent you say?

I am not necessarily an Obama supporter but talking rhymes into a mic without even singing is nothing more than entertainment for trendy non thinkers who are gullible enough to often buy this crap off itunes or similar. I dont care if he raps about life liberty and justice or the good of all of mankind, I think he sucks.

he is just another character made up by that industry to sucker you out of money. Nothing special about him whatsoever.
edit on 22-1-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: another paragraph

If you think rapping is as easy as "talking" rhymes into a mic, you should give it a try, someone as smart and brilliant as you would surly make a fortune doing it.

Either that, or you'd realize just how horrible you sound "talking" rhymes into a mic. Believe it or not coming with the proper delivery & cadence actually takes some real effort and understanding to make it work with the beat. Then you need to have rhyme patterns and structure that actually fits with the beat musically, you can't rhyme on the beat you actually gotta ride it. Become one with it. Lyrically you'd have to say something worth saying, that shows your brilliant non trendy mind. Your lyrics should probably include some word play, metaphors, punchlines, they should be impactful on the life of your listeners.

I think it's kind of ironic that you are so quick to label people non thinkers, when you yourself arrogantly accept and promote ignorant generalizations. Such generalizations are typically the sign of an arrogant, small minded non thinker who functions on assumptions. You are what you criticize and don't even realize it.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
That took a lot of gonads to do that these days.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Yeah and like many people have already stated, NONE OF THAT MATTERS!

The only person that is trying to mislead anyone is YOU.

The concert was promoted as a pre-inauguration event. You are just trying to de-rail the point of the OP.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Stop trying to make this into a race issue.

That's the only way that liberals can win an argument is to make everything about race and class.

Stop sounding like a racist and maybe act like a real liberal and talk about freedom of speech. Which is what this is really about.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I like how nobody comes in to correct Lupe Fiasco on his false statements, instead they attack his character, his art, or even attack me, the OP.

I don't think I read even one post in this entire thread claiming that Obama is not a terrorist although somebody did say that Obama ignited and expanded the anti-war movement which is a 100% lie.

Time to look in the mirror, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. If you really believe that the wars are unjust and that the military industrial complex needs to go down, be truthful to yourself about Obama. Its actually not that hard, I've had many friends learn the hard way but they are so damn glad they know and accepted the truth when they did.

A former Obama supporter speaks out.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I like how nobody comes in to correct Lupe Fiasco on his false statements, instead they attack his character, his art, or even attack me, the OP.

so true, none of them have even come close to it. The use of Ad hominem in this thread is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahatche

so true, none of them have even come close to it. The use of Ad hominem in this thread is ridiculous.

But let's look on the bright side.. It IS our charge to change the world or be changed by it.
I'll try to help get people out of their lazy preconceived thought processes.

It's funny because I'm on lupe fiasco's side, but I provided the only evidence in the thread that shows that he may have acted in a way that even I would have gotten him off stage. I threw the other guys a bone..

Meanwhile if someone wants to assassinate character they should try to find someone without the character of a True MAN.
To me and I hope others take this advice,
"the only thing I fear is the mirror in my bathroom."
~B.o.B (past my shades, Featuring Lupe Fiasco)

If you asked me what's on my mind you probably won't believe it
Cause if life was one big pool I'd be in the deep end
So I play my role and never ever speak it
Like a secret
And all the while you just trynna figure me out

edit on 1/23/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Some of them are jsut as bad as he is, or just plain smitten with him and dumb as boxes of rocks You can send soem people to school, give them books so they can learn. But they stay dumb.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Any other links for the video? The one posted was "removed by the user". Really was interested in seeing how that all went down.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Any other links for the video? The one posted was "removed by the user". Really was interested in seeing how that all went down.

By the way, I wonder where xeocodex is, dropping his troll bombs with absolutely no proof and running away like that is just straight silly.

edit on 24-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
at least lupe voiced his opinion, we all have opinions, all of which should be voiced. some are more valid than others some dont make sense to most of us, but everyones opinion makes sense to them. unless theyre crazy.
i hope more people stand up for themselves and what they believe in or we will all be walked over by whatever is greater than us!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

By the way, I wonder where xeocodex is, dropping his troll bombs with absolutely no proof and running away like that is just straight silly.

edit on 24-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

Appreciated! Wow....that's really something. I guess it's hard to refute clear evidence that the guy is totally anti-freedom. What gets me is that this guy was picked in the first place. I wouldn't think his opinions on the issues would be a secret, since he seems pretty determined to let them be known (good for him, no matter what one thinks of his opinions!). So how did they choose the guy? Did someone just assume that all rappers would be pro-O? That's kind of funny, though the way he was removed is anything but.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join