It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Mainstream Rapper] Lupe Fiasco Calls Obama a "Terrorist" at pre-inauguration party.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+137 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
He is trending #1 on twitter right now, could it be he planted a seed with some people who didn't even realize the superficial peace candidate they voted for was really a war-monger?

You heard that right and he bashed Obama at his own pre-inauguration celebration.
dailycaller.com...

FOOTAGE HERE:
They cut off his MIC and eventually shut down the lights and then came the guards.

“You know, the root cause of terrorism is the stuff the U.S. government allows to happen. The foreign policies that we have in place in different countries that inspire people to become terrorists.”

And it is an absolute fact that our foreign policy creates more terrorists than if we were to just stop our military adventurism, some people will argue since Obama won 51% of the vote that he is the clear choice for President of the people. Does that also mean the majority of this nation condones our (OBAMA's) foreign policy? HELL NO!

Good thing there are people brave enough to stand up and call him out, some might even say, this is the heart of hip hop and that Lupe Fiasco is staying true to himself and his art. And don't write him off too soon because he is a 'rapper', he probably knows more about blowback and foreign policy than most of us here, he certainly writes about it in his music. Take a look, I linked one at the bottom of this post.

www.nbcchicago.com...

We know of at least one Chicago rapper who won't be getting an invite to the White House anytime soon.
Lupe Fiasco called out President Barack Obama this week, calling his fellow Chicagoan "the biggest terrorist."

"My fight against terrorism, to me, the biggest terrorist is Obama in the United States of America. I'm trying to fight the terrorism that's actually causing the other forms of terrorism. You know, the root cause of terrorism is the stuff the U.S. government allows to happen. The foreign policies that we have in place in different countries that inspire people to become terrorists."

I knew Lupe Fiasco was very anti-status quo when I heard this rap song, which was very well written.

Essentially, Obama is continuing the same foreign policies that Democrats scolded the right for but now nobody is scolding the left for it because its 'their guy'.

List of children that have died due to Drone Strikes in Pakistan and Yemen

droneswatch.org...

edit on 21-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Huh.. never heard of this guy. No doubt most will just chalk him up to be a "conspiracy theorist".. instead of someone who's trying to get people to question things. I could be wrong, but I doubt he'll make it far in the industry.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Good on him.

Its too bad more influential artists don't call Obama out. Too busy visiting the White House, and donating their time to him.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm just happy to see some people in the public eye are pushing back on the tendency to give this President a pass on almost anything imaginable.

He's officially started his second term now. In every sense, HE was the last guy now and he's only inherited HIS own doing after 4 years of opportunity to make things better or worse.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Generator85

Huh.. never heard of this guy. No doubt most will just chalk him up to be a "conspiracy theorist".. instead of someone who's trying to get people to question things. I could be wrong, but I doubt he'll make it far in the industry.

He is already considered a mainstream rapper, one of the few musicians out there that people like for his lyrics and not the beat or look.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

ou've been shedding too much light Lu (Dumb it down)
You make'em wanna do right Lu (Dumb it down)
They're getting self-esteem Lu (Dumb it down)
These girls are trying to be queens Lu (Dumb it down)
They're trying to graduate from school Lu (Dumb it down)
They're starting to think that smart is cool Lu (Dumb it down)
They're trying to get up out the hood Lu (Dumb it down)
I'll tell you what you should do (Dumb it down)

Lupe is cool. I like him..

How about Lowkey ?

This next song is called "Obama Nation" (abomination)

Was the bigger threat from Osama or from Obama?
Military bases from Chagos to Okinawa
I say things that other rappers won't say
Cause my mind never closed like Guantanamo Bay

edit on 1/21/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm just happy to see some people in the public eye are pushing back on the tendency to give this President a pass on almost anything imaginable.

He's officially started his second term now. In every sense, HE was the last guy now and he's only inherited HIS own doing after 4 years of opportunity to make things better or worse.

Naw, its Bush's fault the anti-war movement died. lol

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Generator85

He's already made it far.
I don't listen to any rap and I know this guys name. He's one of the biggest rappers around.

He won a Grammy and has been nominated for it 12 times.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm an old-school hip hop head so I don't know too much about Fiasco, but what you said is definitely true that this is the original nature of hip-hop. Not trying to derail the topic of the thread, but I've always looked at hip-hop and metal as essentially the same thing content wise. Both, at least in the beginning, were anti-establishment and questioned government and authority figures, and stood up against oppression.

Anyway good for him for not towing the line and speaking his mind.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by Generator85

He is already considered a mainstream rapper, one of the few musicians out there that people like for his lyrics and not the beat or look.

I am just not on my game tonight... I'm going to bed.

edit on 21/1/2013 by Generator85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This song's where it's at. Second verse is the best.

I wouldn't really call him mainstream though. He had one song on the radio, then they realized he was singing stuff like this. They shut him up pretty quickly.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Lupe Fiasco is killer! Such a good hip hop artist and stays true to what he believes in, not what sells records. His lyrics are always well constructed, and have a strong message behind them. KEEP ON KEEPIN ON BROTHA!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
another red herring.

They want you to focus on OBAMA, because the REAL terrorists are the REAL people running things behind the scenes.

blaming Obama is like blaming the cashier at BP for the oil prices.

edit to add: Bush did 10x more for terrorists than Obama is doing. but neither are saints!

edit on 21-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
another red herring.

They want you to focus on OBAMA, because the REAL terrorists are the REAL people running things behind the scenes.

edit to add: Bush did 10x more for terrorists than Obama is doing. but neither are saints!

It's true to an extent, but he's part of the game..

My favorite Artist is B.o.B..

Here's the Watchers

And an old favorite with Immortal Technique.. This is more towards the evils of Bush and the media

Immortal technique

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

another red herring.

Ummm, you do realize Obama calls for drone strikes that have killed MANY innocent people. There is an entire list of children that have been recorded that died from his direct call for drone strikes.

In fact, hours after his re-election, he ordered a drone strike.

So how is this like blaming the cashier at BP for the oil prices?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

another red herring.

I don't get how you can claim there are people behind Obama but not bush? Your biased is showing, lupe is right exposing obama for the fraud he is at his own pre inauguration party

hope this doesnt end up like a Dave Chappel ep of when keeping it real goes wrong
edit on 21-1-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If Lupe Fiasco had more clout than just another flash in the pan musician, more would stand and listen.

Looks like a publicity stunt to me.

I absolutely agree with the base but this doesn't deserve front page news as he is not front page notable.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
If Lupe Fiasco had more clout than just another flash in the pan musician, more would stand and listen.

Looks like a publicity stunt to me.

I absolutely agree with the base but this doesn't deserve front page news as he is not front page notable.

Peace

You have been kind of negative lately..

by the way from the article:

Lupe Fiasco called out President Barack Obama this week, calling his fellow Chicagoan "the biggest terrorist."

The comments came in an interview with CBS News Tuesday while discussing the political content of his music.

If I didnt' know anything about lupe I could think it was a "stunt" It's not though.. He's been saying this for years...

edit on 1/21/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
well now, i know very little of rappers but kudos for his conviction and audacity.
with any luck, such bold beliefs and brazen statements will become more mainstream.

Bush ended the anti-war movement ???
nah, that's all Reagan.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I just found the footage of the actual event and him getting kicked off, I linked it in the OP as well.

www.nowthisnews.com...

Honor93, Bush didn't end the anti-war movement, Obama did. What I said earlier was meant to be sarcasm. Everyone should know Obama ended the anti-war movement, his election pacified so many people, it took 4 years for some of them to snap out of it and realize that they were tricked, it will take another 4 for some others to wake up. Then after he steps down, even more people will realize but the majority of his zombie supporters will go on with their lives still believing that he was a peace candidate.

Those are the ones I pity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join