It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter will kill us all!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Moving this to literature

[Edited on 28-10-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Chit chat!?!
Well i suppose it had a good run and I only need another 40 points to get into RATS. Now about my compensation.....

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
im so screwed, and so worried. never thought in the first film he was capable of such a devious act...

were all doomed, we may as well head for hell now!

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Something is really wrong though. The kids are like 16 and they still seem to think the best things are butterbeer and a sporting game of quiddditch! Harry isn't picking up Hermione's/Ron's hints.............................................

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Actually, he is.... He was snogging! Didn't you finish the book?

Seeing as how, a day after release, it was easily obtainable even in the local supermarkets, it seems they've now seen their way to print enough copies this go around....

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Dude, he was snogging Ron's little sis!!! He hooked up with Ginny. Isn't that liek a no-no? Hooking up with your best friends little sister?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Why cant he go out with someone his own age? Like McGonagall?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Per "Friends" Ross says Ex-girlfriends, and sisters are off-limits. But well, He DID get permission from Ron to KEEP snogging....

And my goodness, I don't think I could let my kids (If I had any) read these books. I mean the teachers get DRUNK WITH Harry (except he doesn't drink, but minor details!)

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
16 years old and finally becoming adults, so sad. I remember what I was doing when I was 14, and 15, yet in HP they were just "Could I hold your hand?" "I guess". Hell first experience with a woman giving me some, uh, non graphic way of saying this, mouth to something else fun was in the back of a movie theater when I was 14, quite nice, quite lucky weren't caught.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Actually, I don't think that it was just "Can I hold your hand" sort of stuff. I just think that she was trying to keep it non-graphic, and/or non-distracting. After all, the Harry/Ginny kiss was described as "Several minutes, or maybe several hours, or even weeks" (or something to that effect, don't have my book in front of me). To me, there is only one kind of kiss that can cause one to loose track of time, space, and surroundings. And it ain't a peck on the cheek. Plus, Molly blushed when she was asked about the long walks she and Arthur used to take, implying that they weren't exactly innocent. So, what were Ginny/Harry doing on their nightly "Long walks" they were taking?

So, I think that she was just trying to keep the romance clean and side-line. Kinda the same way she tries to keep language clean. I just LOVED the scene where Harry was trying to get into the room of requirement while wearing the invisibility cloak. He cursed and the freshman screamed and ran. The description being along the lines of "Believing that she just ran into an extremely foul-mouthed ghost". The previous description making me think along the lines of S*** or D***, but the follow up being much more . . .Rude. And made me laugh to imagine exactly WHAT he must have said.

JKR has said the publishers have told her that she had to limit her use of curse words (which she isn't totally happy about because Ron's character loves the words) so maybe something along the same lines about the romance is being applied. Concern for the innocent children. (Yeah, right, innocent. Do they not see the cartoons kids watch? Much less everything else they watch.)

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I was talking about 4 and 5. When they were 14 and 15, not 6.

Sorry for the confusion. Tau.(BTW do you play WH 40k?)

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ah, yeah. You started out with the 16 then went backwards. Sorry, didn't follow. But, they did still curse. And we don't know what went on with Hermione and Krum, other than they were alone a lot, and she was the thing that Krum would miss most....

Harry and "Won-Won" just strike me as being totally hopeless when it comes to girls.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
"16 years old and finally becoming adults" Me

Krum just missed her since she was probably the first girl he met that didn't worship the ground he walked on. He wasn't use to someone with a brain and was blown away by it. WHile they probably did snog alot doubt it went beyong that, even if it isn't said in the books.

Also, book 7, what now? I understand the "innocent" children, but come on really, "Oh gosh darn" isn't going to cut it. Though was smart to use the "Rude" whenever there were cussing. I also heard there is a difference between the American and the British books, true or not?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It is my understanding there are differences. Not sure what, other than the first book British is Philosopher's Stone instead of Sorcerer's Stone (which is what it is SUPPOSED to be.....but different rant

I agree...the kids aren't kids anymore. Sheesh, even as an adult I found a few scenes in book 6 really disturbing. And yet they still make "rude hand gestures" and one paragraph of kissing... But still I know of people that have BLACKED OUT the kissing scenes before letting their kids read the book. Really! What do they think they are preventing? The kids are just going to borrow their friends books and read it anyhow.

-edit btw-no on the WH 40k

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Ariande Tau]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Oh, there are a race in the game called Tau so was just wondering.

Black out those parts? Strange... Not like they don't see worse on NBC Will and Grace or Friends or Scrubs... Or cable, or anything else on tv.

BTW on the differences I also know the covers are different from what I have seen. Maybe they are allowed to use more "bad" words in them or something, not that bad words makes sense.

How is a wrod bad? Did it kill anyone? Did it steal from a store? NO! Yet it is bad.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Heh, how a word is bad is beyond me. They can cause bad feelings, but...

Of course, my parents weren't so harsh on using "bad language". As long as we used the words correctly. Bad English/Grammer was a different story altogether. That and learning to respect that not everyone thought the words were "Just words."

I do have to admire the way Rowling has written the books to get the point across without SAYING it. The leprechauns made the formation of the hand with a very rude gesture, Ron getting caught making a rude motion to Fred and George, that sort of stuff.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Darn those Illuminati anyway
. Those guys are everywhere

<< 1  2   >>

join