It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colt releases new Marine Corps 1911!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

after a close examination, the only modification to the test i can find is that someone took a still shot of a nuclear mushroom cloud explosion and overlayed it onto the 10mm.

as for the 9mm comparisons, the difference in weight and velocity is minute, i'm guessing the rate of bullet expansion caused the difference.

i wouldn't say the .40 s&w outperformed the .357, as the .357 made a considerably larger wound channel

edit on 20-1-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

after a close examination, the only modification to the test i can find is that someone took a still shot of a nuclear mushroom cloud explosion and overlayed it onto the 10mm.

Ok...Whatever you say....But in actual ballistic gelatin tests the bullets don't go in nice pretty little straight lines, and maintain their pretty little star patterns....

Bob, I really don't want to argue with you. I'm just saying that your chart, was obviously mocked up to rag on folks who don't like 10mm. And has no truth to it at all, regarding the actual comparisons of the several popular calibers listed.

It's phony....

Now, with all of that being said, I agree that the 10mm is a fantastic round, maybe even better than the .45 for some people, but if you REALLY want pure stopping power, from a semi-auto pistol look into the .460 Rowland 1911 Conversion....

edit on 1/20/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: hehe

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

Just to add a few.
the M-45 MEUSOC was a different sidearm

this new colt version replaces the old

On July 20, 2012, the Colt 1911 Rail Gun was selected and won a contract to initially deliver 4,000 pistols for MARSOC and MEU (SOC) forces.[15] The pistol was redesignated the M45 Close Quarter Battle Pistol (CQBP) and up to 12,000 will be delivered.[16] The Colt design is considered an upgrade of the previous pistol, not an entirely new design.[17]

wiki

Here's a link to MilTimes if you want to read more on the selection of

The M-45 MEUSOC has been the standard-issue side arm for the Force Recon Element of the United States Marine Corps' and no plans to make this upgraded version standard issue for regular forces. Obviously as they would need a lot more than 12k to replace all the M9's out there

Edit to add.
Going back to read my sources it looks like your vid is sales hype put out by colt. the initial order is tiny

USMC orders 4036 M45 CQBP pistols from Colt

Another thing their not saying is the original colt 1911 rail gun has been out since 2008 and this is the model their trying to sell you...
the Marine version is slightly different

Colt tweaked its 01070RG M1911A1 Rail Gun pistol and sent 10 prototypes to Quantico in the fall of 2010, said Greg Rozon, a product development engineering manager at Colt.

edit on 20-1-2013 by MajorMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

$700 over priced.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0

Did me and you just become best friends?
Thanks dude you are the man!

LOL....OK....What'd I do???

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Originally posted by T4NG0

Did me and you just become best friends?
Thanks dude you are the man!

LOL....OK....What'd I do???

You know a lot of things that I don't! Taught me a good lesson today. Plus you said something about being an operator?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMayhem

Oh ok so it is not a huge step up from the previous, but more of a civilian issue. Well in either case I want one! Thanks by the way for all the new info!
edit on 20-1-2013 by T4NG0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I would love to own one of these lovely pistolos....uh does it come in 38 super??
Now thats a claibur that has some real potentials....
Why they dont shoot it more i cant say, but it beats the bag off a 9x19 luger round, and it has way less recoil than a forty five..
The rounds can be loaded up to 1300 fps to give an extremely flat trajectory to a five inch barrelled gun up to 100 yds.....
My ideal carry gun would be a colt commander in 38super....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I would love to own one of these lovely pistolos....uh does it come in 38 super??
Now thats a claibur that has some real potentials....
Why they dont shoot it more i cant say, but it beats the bag off a 9x19 luger round, and it has way less recoil than a forty five..
The rounds can be loaded up to 1300 fps to give an extremely flat trajectory to a five inch barrelled gun up to 100 yds.....
My ideal carry gun would be a colt commander in 38super....

.38 Super is very similar ballistics-wise to the .357 SIG...Positives include more rounds per mag, but due to the length of the cartridge, suitable platforms are limited...
edit on 1/20/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: sp

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Okay, humorous ballistic gel photo aside, here is the real one.

Now, $1995.00 for a .45?! SERIOUSLY?!

Someone, please tell me that was made in jest!

No?

Well, damn. I suppose I'm gonna be keeping my H&K full size .45, then.

It is a really nice looking 1911, but, $1995.00, WHOA!

OH! I forgot to ask, where do I get those explosive tipped 10mm rounds.
Might have to gets me a Glock 20, fo dat!
edit on 1/21/2013 by Mike U. because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/21/2013 by Mike U. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Funny...they always say the marines get the armys hand me downs, i just didn't know they
Were actually 100 years behind.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
hello. I am new to ats and checking things out. My brother is druid42. thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerkyBeer
Funny...they always say the marines get the armys hand me downs, i just didn't know they
Were actually 100 years behind.

I know it seems weird that they use a very old gun design huh. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The 1911 is still the most accurate and durable magazine loading handgun I have ever shot. The most accurate is definitely any S&W revolver, you can hunt with those.

I think until gun technology changes, which it hasn't since the 1911 was made, it will still be the best.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Look at the grip on that gun. I wouldn't mind having one of those on my waist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join