It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Mayor Warns Of "Waco-Style Standoff" Over Gun Control Laws

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

I'm bored of arguing this. Go and rebel, get martial law declared, freedom stripped further and Americans slaughtered. Anyone that would do this is just stepping into their mouse trap...but again, logic escapes most of the right wing fringe.*shrugs*

And anyone who WOULDN'T do this when their rights are being stripped loses by a default judgement of their own making. They willingly go to the slaughterhouse without a peep.

If one WON'T stand up for himself, then there's really no need to worry about it, is there? just go on your merry way into the camps.

Maybe we can tell them that freedom was just to scary to maintain? It was too bothersome? Or maybe we can just tell them that we were afraid to ask the government for it, because they might have thrown martial law at us?

Tell them that we were afraid to demand freedom, because the government might take it away from us? Seriously - when it gets to that point, what is there really left to lose by demanding it's return? Are they gonna take away our birthdays? Take away the freedom we no longer have? Make us wear funny colored underwear?

edit on 2013/1/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by TKDRL

And you think a good chunk of the places that manufacture and or sell ammo, would be on the government's side in a civil war scenario? I highly doubt it.

They wouldn't have a choice even if they didn't want to be. The federal government can take over any private industry in the name of national security.
hmmmm, didn't they try that once before ??
somewhere near Lexington or Concord ???
how did that work out last time ?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I see some people here do not understand the US military will not be coming for the guns. It goes against the oath each and every one of them took and there are laws in place that state that the US military will not be used against its own populace. If they could be deployed in such a fashion they would have had them on the US Mexico border a long time ago. Soldiers are not like unmanned drones they are thinking beings that are not going to be dropping bombs on their own families. The National Guard can be deployed by order of the state and they are 90% civilian and are less likely to be fighting Grandpa. Those who think the military are going to be fighting their neighbors are being idiotic. Most of those in the military are gun owners themselves so the idea that they would personally side with the Feds on gun control is just plain stupid.

The only groups the Feds have under their disposal are DHS, ATF, and the FBI and even they have families. So get your heads out of your arse'es and take a look around because you sure don’t see things clearly at the moment. It wasn’t that long ago that I was in the military and yes we talked about these exact scenarios to where we decided that once we were issued such orders we would let them arm us then kindly turn on those that issued such orders.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I see some people here do not understand the US military will not be coming for the guns. It goes against the oath each and every one of them took and there are laws in place that state that the US military will not be used against its own populace. If they could be deployed in such a fashion they would have had them on the US Mexico border a long time ago. Soldiers are not like unmanned drones they are thinking beings that are not going to be dropping bombs on their own families. The National Guard can be deployed by order of the state and they are 90% civilian and are less likely to be fighting Grandpa. Those who think the military are going to be fighting their neighbors are being idiotic. Most of those in the military are gun owners themselves so the idea that they would personally side with the Feds on gun control is just plain stupid.

The only groups the Feds have under their disposal are DHS, ATF, and the FBI and even they have families. So get your heads out of your arse'es and take a look around because you sure don’t see things clearly at the moment. It wasn’t that long ago that I was in the military and yes we talked about these exact scenarios to where we decided that once we were issued such orders we would let them arm us then kindly turn on those that issued such orders.

UN troops will be used. If Obama takes this as far as I believe he will then you can expect some blue helmets within your borders.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

UN troops will be used. If Obama takes this as far as I believe he will then you can expect some blue helmets within your borders.

Just a couple of points:

1) The bright blue helmets make really good aiming points.

2) UN troops are marvelously ineffective wherever they go. Bosnia is a prime example.

Nah, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over UN troops.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I think we should have NO gun control at all.

Back in the 17, 18 hundreds when everyone had a 6 iron strapped to their hips you Knew who was the bad guys are who were the good guys. The bad guys were the ones shooting and the good guys were responsible family types who shot back to defend life liberty and happiness. Crooks dont care about gun control anyway so why penalize the citizen who wants and needs to defend himself. Gun control makes No sense at all.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I live in Australia and i must say we dont have mass shootings in schools like America does. I remember when gun control came in and my dad having to hand his over. He was very annoyed at the time. We can still own a gun but you have to be registered. I think taking guns away for the majority would help allot with mass shootings. Guns can do so much damage in such a short amount of time. i agree not all are crazy but maybe making guns just that little harder to buy may help. I cant remember the last time i heard of a mass shooting in our country??

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by april74
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I live in Australia and i must say we dont have mass shootings in schools like America does. I remember when gun control came in and my dad having to hand his over. He was very annoyed at the time. We can still own a gun but you have to be registered. I think taking guns away for the majority would help allot with mass shootings. Guns can do so much damage in such a short amount of time. i agree not all are crazy but maybe making guns just that little harder to buy may help. I cant remember the last time i heard of a mass shooting in our country??

It has nothing to do with law abiding citizens purchasing guns. The people who are committing these crimes are not either purchasing them the legal way which means they by them in a dark alley somewhere or they are stealing them from legal owners. No law will ever prevent that from happening. Even if you outlawed all guns, and if you doubt me just take a look at the drug situation worldwide. Geez this is Gun argument 101 here man/ woman, it's been explained over n over many thousands of times everywhere.
edit on 21-1-2013 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Yes im a woman and ive noticed gun control in Australia has meant less shootings. If majority didnt own a gun less chance of a robber or crazy kid getting access to one so easily, and gun down children and teachers. I was horrified to hear of all those little children being shot. I have children the same age.
Im not saying it wont happen here, there are idiots all over the world.
i just notice the difference between our news and Americas..there are so many more shootings over there.
And the school shootings that have gone on over the past years is unbelievable!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I wondered why I've been hearing a LOT more shooting going on around here lately. I guess people are dusting off their guns and getting some target practice in. Probably have the bullseye painted in blue, I would guess.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by april74

Comparing australia to the US is not really a valid comparison. A better comparison would be comparing to texas, as a state with a comparable population.
edit on Tue, 22 Jan 2013 02:26:38 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I still feel the same, comparing populations wont make a difference its the amount of guns that are allowed is the problem. Most of our population dont have guns in their homes. less guns less killings less household accidents.
Personally i wouldn't feel safe living like that.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I seen family get there property taken in the late 40's and offer them only pennies on the dollar for the land and property. Said if they didn't take the offer they would lose out. All in the name of patriotism. They flat out took that land. They stole from them as they were going back and forth moving. Some were moving the entire homes and any thing they could. As they returned they were caught stealing what every they saw of value which wasn't much..
The point is, these were simple god fearing people living a simple life under god and they(goverment) didn't care; all in the name of patriotism. The big difference today unlike back then, is we have many neighborhood with street after street, block after block of residents all of which owns guns...or potentially could have guns. The civil war today would not be like the one before..rivers of blood would flow for sure.

However TPTB may already have a plan.
The drones would come to your home and murder with twin Gatling gun mounted like this..
www.youtube.com...
Skip to 2:46.
Just like on Tv huh.. I have seen residential real home made models before cant find them today on the net =-(
I will keep looking for em.
again we, most people are sheepel today but dont think for one moment we cant turn into someone worst nitemare in a heart beat when pressed.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLife

maybe some of these will help you find what you're looking for ??
DIY gatling guns

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Basically, learn basic gunsmithing first. If you have some brains and creativity, you can compound on it. Gotta learn to walk before you can crawl and all that. I have made a few fully auto guns before, the most fun being a .22, probably because the ammo was cheap as hell at the time. Blowing through a few hundred rounds was nothing in price. The coolest was probably the shotgun.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
so, the government is going to trap a bunch of families and children in a building, kill several officers/agents who know too much about other corrupt cases and then set the place on fire burning everyone alive?

wow

I could easily see it. What'll happen is something like this. There will be some incident in a northeastern state. "He's got an arsenal!" you'll hear. (actually it's an armory, but I digress...)

The guy will be portrayed as Cletus the Slackjawed Yokel, so the easily swayed will be unable to identify with the guy. "Evidence" will be fabricated, implications will be implicated, and the FBI will be strutting around with pseudo-proof faster than you can say "Richard Jewell".

Once they've tenderized you by dehumanizing the guy, they'll show their might by bullrushing him, during which he'll turn up conveniently dead. "Let this be a lesson to you...GUN OWNERS"

Repeat a few dozen times simultaneously. "We've put down this stupid rebellion! And now we're going for a complete ban!"

Now, the part I'm not sure about is this - how will YOU react when 15 or 20 of these "insurrections" are going on in your state? I mean the corporate you. Will people put up with it? Or will they show up and start shooting feebs in the back? One Waco, one Ruby Ridge, they were bad enough. I'm not sure I'd sit still and watch my neighbor be "shown who's boss". Still on the fence. A lot of my friends have decided.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yeah our Zionist mayor. What a surprise

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

when the time comes, it comes. not much more can be said on a public forum heh. ^^

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
How would it even get to the point of a "stand off" if one side wasn't the aggressor? Do they think they're going to be going around searching your closets for your guns? This guy has nothing important to do so he's jumping on a small bandwagon he knows nothing about just to be important. What a freaking douche bag, I mean just look at the guy he doesn't even have to be saying anything..

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Here is a redneck Gatlin Gun.

It is actually a Gatlin shotgun and made on the show sons of guns all I have to say is I WANT ONE.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join