It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47 States Revolt Against Obama Gun Control

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well I for one tip my hat to Mr Reed. What a great way to show your pollies that the people have spoken country wide. My only concern is, not enough people turn out for this rally.
I will be waiting in anticiption for the result. All positive for the people hopefully. All here on ATS who agree with fighting for your rights should attend.

For those who wonder why someone living in another Country has an interest in what goes down in the US.
It's simple really, (they) nut away at your rights and whammo, our pollies follow suit.

The gun laws changed in 1996 in Australia after the Martin Bryant massacre in Hobart Tasmania. Some would argue strongly that it was a staged event, not unlike Sandy Hook, which to me, begs the question, were we (Australia) used as a testing ground along with other countries to guage the response of the people regarding the new laws. Bearing in mind, we here havn't got a second amendment to fall back on. Fight for your rights and keep them alive.

I voted for Dr Ron Paul. Although my vote didn't count...........wtf

Footnote: It is estimated that there are more guns in Australia now than when the ban was introduced.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Having read the article the following can be stated:

Good for the people. They are standing up for their personal rights and freedoms. As long as it is peaceful, then this will be something that we can sit and discuss, along with seeing how things come around, along with how it will play out.

However, it must be stated that caution on the part of the protestors should be reminded, that with any demonstration, the side that throws the first punch will lose the battle for the opinions of the whole. Make no mistake, the people showing up, are within their rights to do such, as long as it is peaceful, but throw or threaten and the battle is lost from the get go.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I sure hope they keep it up. A Republican majority in the House and Senate would be good for America. The Senate refuses to put any bill passed by the House to the floor for discussion,much less a vote. If Obama and Biden keep the rhetoric on gun control up there will be a power shift next election.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Dang it...You are right! If only gun owners and "lurkers" show up to this, then that will only be something well over 100,000,000 people...One Hundred Million+...That won't send any messages, will it?

Sorry, I misspoke... I meant gun ownership advocates.

Hopefully it will have a better turn-out then the Occupy movement I saw in Laguna Beach last summer.

My point, the one you missed, is that if this is a reaction to the recent executive actions, then it could be a lot bigger. The non-gun crowd who care about privacy in general will not be showing up.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ispyarich
One question? Are protesters supposed to bring their guns to these rallies? If so, I could see a problem there. All we need now is a group of protesters marching to the state capitols with their weapons. Just wait for a trigger happy policeman to start shooting at these peacefull? protesters. This could throw a big cog into the anti gun machine if peaceful protesters get targeted by local law enforcement for a peaceful protest.

Really? because its impossible to have a trigger happy protester? I am all for people fighting for their rights but just because you own a gun or are against TPTB, MSM or whatever acronym people use doesn't mean you are right.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thousands of gun owners across America have had enough of the Obama administration’s attack on the Second Amendment – and they’re preparing to take their concerns to the capitols in at least 47 states this Saturday at 12 p.m.
Hardy a revolt, is it? More like a few disgruntled gun fanatics voicing their displeasure.....
I wonder what the other 315 million people in the united states think about it.

edit on 17-1-2013 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Of course they did.. and the courts will back them up... for now. As of today we have in several states private physicians going berzerk over the physician reporting BS and organizing. The issue with the CDC is just an in your face illegal move.

Some studies.. Im also about "up to here" with people on here not reading the damn ex actions and then making completely ignorant comments.. just sayin. Guess what? IT DOES NOT only concern guns for Gods sake. This is sure working exactly as intended... Ill give them that.

Yeah WHAT is #14 all about?

HERE ARE THE 23 EOs
www.forbes.com...

Gun Violence Reduction Executive Actions:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make itwidely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effectiveuse of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to developinnovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Having read the article the following can be stated:

Good for the people. They are standing up for their personal rights and freedoms. As long as it is peaceful, then this will be something that we can sit and discuss, along with seeing how things come around, along with how it will play out.

However, it must be stated that caution on the part of the protestors should be reminded, that with any demonstration, the side that throws the first punch will lose the battle for the opinions of the whole. Make no mistake, the people showing up, are within their rights to do such, as long as it is peaceful, but throw or threaten and the battle is lost from the get go.

Well...Contrary to popular belief, due to our portrayal by the media, among others, the vast majority of gun owners are a very mindful and long-tempered group! It is a quality that is a natural reflection of our ideals...And, I can't see any meeting, gathering or public protest, that wouldn't be "policed" by the ranks of it's own members, to insure that the proper message is the ONLY one being put forth...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

How are you being penalized?

It seems like more any more people are getting stupid and flapping their gums at an enemy that doesnt exist.

link   
I find the post on "data collection" very intersting. What a genius way to collect infomration. The people that will attend these rallies are the legal gun owners that have a vested interest and are the people that will actually "act" to make their voices heard. All these people in one spot, what a good way for the government to find out which individuals actually care about the subject enough to act and go protest. Bam! Face scan. O, that is John Doe Jr., I didnt know he was pro gun. Put him on the watch list.

link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I thought that the point of the Second Amendment was for those people in the Militia to have guns? For heavens sake, Obama just injected a note of sanity into the US political world and he's being attacked for being sane???

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

When they are trying to ban something, and get it to pass the test of public opinion, there are 4 basic arguments that the government wil use and has used in the past:
1) Political arguments for such a ban.
2) Social arguments, on why such a ban is needed.
3) Economic arguments, to show how such a ban is good for the personal monies and a monitary gain if such a ban were to go into place.
4) Medcial argument to show how it would be good for the health of the individual not to engage in such an activity.

You ask about #14, it is part of the medical argument to show that guns are bad. You will see all sorts of studies that will come out showing about how guns, the parts of guns, the residue all have a negative impact on health.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Most of this is just political hooye. Now back to your sheep.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

The point of the Second Amendment is the right to bear arms to protect yourself,family and country against any and all threats, foreign or domestic. It is an individual right. Not just for a militia.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
What's wrong with those people?

He didn't actually pass any gun "control" legislation.
He just passed orders for some studies on gun issues or strengthened laws already on the books.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Well Casper, there is nothing wrong with Normal American Citizens who understand, value and stand by our Constitution, the same Constitution your President swore to Support and Defend against all enemies foreign and Domestic.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
reply to post by Ghost375

In those "orders" he bans assault rifles and mags with more than 10 rounds, which is more than some studies no matter how you spin it.

jesus...i read it...NO!!!......HE DID NOT BAN ANYTHING in the executive orders....read them, you have eyes and understand english, don't you??? it has to go through congress!!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Dang it...You are right! If only gun owners and "lurkers" show up to this, then that will only be something well over 100,000,000 people...One Hundred Million+...That won't send any messages, will it?

Sorry, I misspoke... I meant gun ownership advocates.

Hopefully it will have a better turn-out then the Occupy movement I saw in Laguna Beach last summer.

My point, the one you missed, is that if this is a reaction to the recent executive actions, then it could be a lot bigger. The non-gun crowd who care about privacy in general will not be showing up.

That's the whole point isn't it?
I mean, the law-abiding citizens who excercise their rights to be able to protect their families, use the same ideals to support them! So, with this sort of, last minute, "Hey! Let's all drive 100 miles or more this weekend and show our support for our fellow gun-owners and their advocates!", who knows how many boots will be on the ground, so to speak....There is also another similar event planned for that Saturday, at your local gun stores, all around the nation...The 1st Annual "Gun Appreciation Day" is slated to occur on January 19, 2013...Go to the: Gun Appreciation Day Website for more details.

SO I would imagine that those who either can't afford to, or can't make the time to drive from wherever they reside, to their state's capitol, they will most likely elect, instead, to just visit their LGS (local gun stores), and make their thoughts known, that way!

edit on 1/17/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: added link

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Guns don't have to look like assault rifles to be deadly and do their job. People who are a little off will more often do bad things with these aggressive looking guns than with a plain gun though. It makes a small man feel big when he has a powerful looking gun. If they outlawed the Video games that were exploiting the greatness of this style gun than there would be less problems yet.

As far as clips that hold more than ten shells, we do not really need them. If there is a problem in the future where our government turns evil than there will be millions of people with guns on the streets of Washington, Ten in a clip is enough. Right now we need to address a problem we have in this country, taking the guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. If the president would put it in writing that this action would not be used as precedence in the future for tighter gun control it would be a good thing. That would make me support this action that is necessary and would probably satisfy other gun owners. Precedence sucks, put it in writing first.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I don't understand...are all these people illiterate, or are they truly against background checks to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the insane/unstable? Nobody is taking anyone's guns away. True, they are trying to ban large-clip guns and assault weapons. I understand people having a problem with that, but these people are acting like the president just wrote an EO to take guns away!

So are they just plain stupid? It seems these people are making up a boogeyman that doesn't exist!

I'm pro-gun, and all I'm doing is celebrating the recent decision to allow concealed carry (though I think open carry makes more sense) in Illinois. We're gaining gun rights here, though I understand why violent criminals and the insane would be opposed to background checks for any sale/transfer of weapons.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Yes. Indeed, your forefathers also gave you the right to have bazookas and rocket launchers. In fact, in order to protect yourself against any tyrannical government, the 2nd amendment should also allow you to have EMPs; indeed, nuclear weapons themselves and any other advanced weaponry that exists today. Why stop there? You should also be allowed to purchase WMDs!

The fact of the matter is, your guns are petty and silly. If the government really wanted to become totalitarian and tyrannical, I'm sure they could use some sort of device to incapacitate the entire population, stop the water, stop the food and simply have the army stroll in without any resistance, with no citizen able to grab their gun because they're busy writhing on the floor from a government device that rendered them so.

Oh, 'Muricans and their guns. The only thing it protects you from is from another gun-wielding maniac and even that's not guaranteed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join