It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47 States Revolt Against Obama Gun Control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+221 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Thousands of gun owners across America have had enough of the Obama administration’s attack on the Second Amendment – and they’re preparing to take their concerns to the capitols in at least 47 states this Saturday at 12 p.m.

“I was trying to figure out why people weren’t being more proactive about this, Reed said. “Then I realized I’m part of the problem. It takes somebody to stand up and say, ‘Hey, we’re not going to accept this. We’re against it.’

www.wnd.com...

*The article goes on to list all the states participating and provide links to each individual state's organizers, so it is a worthwhile read.*

Citizens are encouraged to bring pro-gun signs and their families to the rallies. A petition supporting Second Amendment rights will be circulated at each event.

There can be no more compromise. Gun owners have compromised enough already. Law abiding citizens should not be penalized for the actions of criminals. PERIOD.

edit on Thu Jan 17th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What's wrong with those people?

He didn't actually pass any gun "control" legislation.
He just passed orders for some studies on gun issues or strengthened laws already on the books.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

+95 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

In those "orders" he bans assault rifles and mags with more than 10 rounds, which is more than some studies no matter how you spin it.

+48 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

He just passed orders for some studies on gun issues or strengthened laws already on the books.

He is still sending a bunch of stuff to congress, which won't pass I think. It is our right to peacefully assemble and stand our ground. Why not let them know we mean business and this is as far as it goes?

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Of course they did.. and the courts will back them up... for now. As of today we have in several states private physicians going berzerk over the physician reporting BS and organizing. The issue with the CDC is just an in your face illegal move.

Some studies.. Im also about "up to here" with people on here not reading the damn ex actions and then making completely ignorant comments.. just sayin. Guess what? IT DOES NOT only concern guns for Gods sake. This is sure working exactly as intended... Ill give them that.

+52 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
reply to post by Ghost375

In those "orders" he bans assault rifles and mags with more than 10 rounds, which is more than some studies no matter how you spin it.

That is not the point! We have the RIGHT to own whatever arms we want.....That is the purpose of the 2nd amendment and NOBODY can take that away!

If I want an assault rifle, the forefathers gave me that RIGHT forever!! No ifs, ands, or BUTTS about it......

It is my RIGHT and I will obide by what my forefathers wrote down for rules and standards to which we are to follow....This was made in the first place for people EXACTLY like Obama, so they can never do what he is doing now!

PERIOD!!!

TA.....Great post.....I love it how even federal employees of individual states are rallying against the regime of Obama and his crooked administration!!

We pay your salary Obama and clowns following......How dare you!!
edit on 1/17/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Obama is a big believer in The Nudge Theory. Look it up. It's real.

Some of us really don't trust the motives behind his 23 little nudges, and we understand the potential of further nudges that will build on the groundwork he is setting today. And, since we have read, studied, and listened to the man for quite a long time now, we feel we have very good reasons to pay close attention to anything he promotes. It's just good common sense to watch people with an Agenda that is contrary to what our Constitution lays out.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Of course they did.. and the courts will back them up... for now. As of today we have in several states private physicians going berzerk over the physician reporting BS and organizing. The issue with the CDC is just an in your face illegal move.

Some studies.. Im also about "up to here" with people on here not reading the damn ex actions and then making completely ignorant comments.. just sayin. Guess what? IT DOES NOT only concern guns for Gods sake. This is sure working exactly as intended... Ill give them that.

"Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

"Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

So you are saying it is also an invasion of privacy. I can agree with that for sure. Do you think all these new measures will make it difficult for law abiding gun owners to exercise their rights in buying guns in the future for generations to come?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Let's see them all take their guns to a pro gun rally, and then see what happens when they get into a big argument over this.

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This could hurt more than help.

The latest exec actions have a much larger population of Americans outraged about encroachment well outside the gun issue.

I'd like to see folks ride that wave for a while rather than focusing on the guns. Unfortunately, only gun owners and lurkers will show up to an event like this.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I am all for the movment and going to the state capitols on satuirday @ 12. Nothing can be done if no one speaks up and voices their dis approval of the 23 executive orders. Obama did not ban assualt weapons or high capacity magazines, even though if you go on backpages or any gun website, it sure looks like he did. He just asked congress to look over banning al those things. Me feeling is it will probably happen, but it has not yet. I am not an Obama fan, but cant get mad at him yet because nothing has been banned yet.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well thank you for sharing this I was going to play some videos games Saturday. Looks like I'm loading up the car with some buddies and heading to Lansing. No guns, just signs and our voices.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Let's see them all take their guns to a pro gun rally, and then see what happens when they get into a big argument over this.

Fear not. Facekey recognition will handle all comers who peacefully assemble. They have entire computer compounds dedicated to this, nudge. I doubt if masks will be allowed, nor will mere masks defeat the latest technofascism, which reads right through them. The whole boondoogle was planned for, and data will be collected.

Happy?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
One question? Are protesters supposed to bring their guns to these rallies? If so, I could see a problem there. All we need now is a group of protesters marching to the state capitols with their weapons. Just wait for a trigger happy policeman to start shooting at these peacefull? protesters. This could throw a big cog into the anti gun machine if peaceful protesters get targeted by local law enforcement for a peaceful protest.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If anyone decides to go to this, please try and carry concealed!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

I PROMISE....There will be many many guns at these rallies....And NOTHING will come of it!

reply to post by Zarniwoop

Unfortunately, only gun owners and lurkers will show up to an event like this.

Dang it...You are right! If only gun owners and "lurkers" show up to this, then that will only be something well over 100,000,000 people...One Hundred Million+...That won't send any messages, will it?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ispyarich
One question? Are protesters supposed to bring their guns to these rallies? If so, I could see a problem there. All we need now is a group of protesters marching to the state capitols with their weapons. Just wait for a trigger happy policeman to start shooting at these peacefull? protesters. This could throw a big cog into the anti gun machine if peaceful protesters get targeted by local law enforcement for a peaceful protest.

This is EXACTLY what we need. Thats what we did a few hundred years ago...too...when push came to shove.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ispyarich

You forgot to realize, that there will be A LOT of "policemen" and "law enforcement" in the ranks of the "protesters"...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have already written a letter to my congressman!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join